David De Gea

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Would be a massive kiss to lose him especially if we get back into the CL but we can't be dealing with this every summer and if he wants to go just get a massive fee for him. Begs the question who do you get to replace him?
Depends. If you want a proper replacement, you go Oblak.. but if you want to get the most of the transfer fee, reinvest in the rest of the side and sign an unheralded but potential number 1 keeper of the future for maybe £15-20m.

I think Jose builds such good defences, we don't need a top tier ready made keeper but more someone who is big strong, more dominant in the air and good with his feet.

Womp

idiot
I don't see how Mourinho in any way sells one of our most prized possessions to Real. David is here to stay.
Now having said that, if Real offered £80 to £100 million for him then adios Dave. That kind of money for a goalkeeper borders on insanity.
Has nothing to do with what we want, obviously we'd prefer to keep one of the World's best. He's coming to an age where he will start thinking about more than football though, his girlfriend has already made it crystal clear she thinks Manchester is shite and won't move here, so it's only a matter of time before he moves there to start thinking of starting a family etc.

GBBQ

Heard this on the match stream by the NBCSN commentators, wonder as well it it's true or just tabloid nonsense.
There's a trampoline and slide in the garden and in the photo of the kitchen there seems to be kid's pictures pinned up on a whiteboard. There's a kid's cushion in the sitting room and there's a few random trophies in the sitting room.

Also would someone put their house up for sale before a contract is signed? Deals fall through (De Gea of all people knows this). He doesn't need the cash so can wait until the contract is signed.

Also it was reported by the Scum. I really doubt its true.

RAVred

The problem with trading a player from Madrid is you have no idea about their attitude and if they could cut it out in the prem and manchester. Madrid players are some of the most spoilt by far.. And its obvious.

I'd personally like Isco, Varane, or Morata (if we dont get Griezmann). But most of the spanish players in RM that we'd want probably wouldn't want to come and would be stuck up (imo). Morata has done some stupid shit, regardless of him being a good striker already.

Will be gutted when he leaves, not because I think we NEED him, but hes been one of my favourite players for us over the last few dreary seasons. That being said, if he really wants to go to spain he should, but, we should want a fee thats expected of arguably the best GK in the world.

As a replacement, Schmeichel, Oblak, or Leno. Depends how much leno would go for, actually would prefer him out of all the options.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well if we carry on letting 0 shots on target then we could sign O'shea in goal for all I care.

Obviously having De Gea is a massive bonus as he's world class, but if he WANTS to leave then we should just sell him. Use Romero for a while and then sign Butland/Donnarumma or somebody else potentially class.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The problem with trading a player from Madrid is you have no idea about their attitude and if they could cut it out in the prem and manchester. Madrid players are some of the most spoilt by far.. And its obvious.

I'd personally like Isco, Varane, or Morata (if we dont get Griezmann). But most of the spanish players in RM that we'd want probably wouldn't want to come and would be stuck up (imo). Morata has done some stupid shit, regardless of him being a good striker already.

Will be gutted when he leaves, not because I think we NEED him, but hes been one of my favourite players for us over the last few dreary seasons. That being said, if he really wants to go to spain he should, but, we should want a fee thats expected of arguably the best GK in the world.

As a replacement, Schmeichel, Oblak, or Leno. Depends how much leno would go for, actually would prefer him out of all the options.

If your talking about peter then i agree with you.
Romero is better than kasper.

Unlikely lad

There's a trampoline and slide in the garden and in the photo of the kitchen there seems to be kid's pictures pinned up on a whiteboard. There's a kid's cushion in the sitting room and there's a few random trophies in the sitting room.

Also would someone put their house up for sale before a contract is signed? Deals fall through (De Gea of all people knows this). He doesn't need the cash so can wait until the contract is signed.

Also it was reported by the Scum. I really doubt its true.
It's definitely his house though, he's got Instagram pictures in that same garden

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I'm just gonna ask as I see ppl saying it's gathering pace again. What's being reported? And where?

Sparky10Legend

Yeah, it's getting to the point where you think, if he's staying this Summer, he should just come out and say so.

I know that a player shouldn't have to do that, but this has gone on every Summer for years now.
To be fair , because we haven't really improved in 3 years he has that decision to make each summer.

That said he's the highest paid keeper in the world so I'd be of the opinion that he should give it 1 more JM season, then take stock.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Depends. If you want a proper replacement, you go Oblak.. but if you want to get the most of the transfer fee, reinvest in the rest of the side and sign an unheralded but potential number 1 keeper of the future for maybe £15-20m.

I think Jose builds such good defences, we don't need a top tier ready made keeper but more someone who is big strong, more dominant in the air and good with his feet.
Spot on, the problem is the building of said defence. He'd have to get it spot on because right now despite the fact that De Gea is keeping cleansheets and we are't conceding I wouldn't exactly call us defensively solid. With the players I'd say that teams will always think that they can get a chance or two against us

Miscemayl

Even if he's leaving, it makes no sense to sell his house before the end of season?
Why not wait until he's in Madrid before selling the house?
Surely he can't be worried about the mortgage repayment.

More likely that he's bought another one.

JustJackTheLad

I'm hoping that we sign Jordan Pickford in replacement for DDG should he go. Either him or Donnarumma (unsurprisingly)

Both great talents

Philadelphian

We havent improved since Moyes?
Pretty obvious he meant we are in the same spot in the table, and we still aren't playing the type of high profile games that a team like Madrid are (and still not that close to it). Anyone born in Madrid and Spain's #1 keeper would be keeping an eye on a move like that. Different if we were in a period of form like 07-09.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Pretty obvious he meant we are in the same spot in the table, and we still aren't playing the type of high profile games that a team like Madrid are (and still not that close to it). Anyone born in Madrid and Spain's #1 keeper would be keeping an eye on a move like that. Different if we were in a period of form like 07-09.
You mean he wants to play in an easier league? Gotcha!

izec

If he goes, get Oblak. He would be the best GK we could get.

Other candidates would be Ederson or Sergio Rico.

JoaquinJoaquin

Take this very light pinch of salt as he doesn't have a clue alot of the time..

Rake

I hope we have a replacement ready. Don't have any info but it seems to me that his reasons for a move a almost entirely not football related. Nothing we can do if wants to be with his girl and family in Spain.

ovoxo

I hope we have a replacement ready. Don't have any info but it seems to me that his reasons for a move a almost entirely not football related. Nothing we can do if wants to be with his girl and family in Spain.
Exactly. I don't think it's footballing reasons but solely because of his girlfriend. I guess he's at the age where he'll want to settle and start a family. She most certainly doesn't want to do it in Manchester, so he'll have to go there.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I just hope we don't end up with Navas, good shot stopper but awful in other areas.

If DeGea does leave then we must ensure we get minimum £60-70m for him.

ravi2

We better take Real to the cleaners then. 60-70m.
I bet he will go for ‎‎€50m but I hope we are able to get Isco or Varane as part of the deal.
My opinion is that he is off this summer.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I bet he will go for ‎‎€50m but I hope we are able to get Isco or Varane as part of the deal.
My opinion is that he is off this summer.
Not Varane, ain't he more injury prone than dumb and dumber (jones & smalling)?

Tarrou

We're not getting above £50 million for a keeper, especially if he wants to leave. No chance.

I reckon the stories are bs though.

MadMike

We're not getting above £50 million for a keeper, especially if he wants to leave. No chance.

I reckon the stories are bs though.
He's been pining after a move to Madrid for years though. It's not exactly a secret.

el3mel

He'll leave sooner or later. It's inevitable. At least we'll rest from the rumors surrounding him every summer as it becomes boring for me tbh.

Tarrou

Your expectations are too low in the current market.
I just don't think Madrid would pay that much for a keeper and that's why I think he'll stay - because he doesn't seem the type to force a move.

prtk0811

I just don't think Madrid would pay that much for a keeper and that's why I think he'll stay - because he doesn't seem the type to force a move.
If madrid wont pay its their and de gea's problem, it means they dont want him that bad.