David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

stevoc

They do not have the money or the prestige for what the fans want. They should consider supporting a different club with the necessary financial muscle for the modern game if that is what they want.
The fans want to watch decent football, they have enough money for that. I doubt they're expecting to win the league or even come top 4. So if you're going to finished 8th-12th you might as well try doing it while playing something other than Moyes ball.

Fair enough but they literally went down this road before with Moyes and the stylish manager they replaced him with almost took them down and they had to bring Moyes back to save their bacon. With that recent history in mind it smacks of ingratitude and should serve as a warning to be careful what you wish for. It could work out for them and of course they can register their displeasure at the style of play but that does not alter the fact that Moyes has been treated pretty shabbily by the fans and the board.
Poor Dave.

stevoc

I think it’s more, he really didn’t make drastic changes and yet gets so much blame. It was LVG who really dismantled things.

Also, Kroos would have fixed a lot of the issues, so it seems Moyes knew what to do and never get the chance to implement the changes.

It is pretty clear that Woodward and the Glazers were the true problem.
He banned low fat chips, don't be telling me he didn't make drastic changes.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I do think West Ham are one of the prime sides out of the major players to really make a stab at CL football along with Villa and Newcastle so it's not above their station to think of moving onto a better manager than Moyes but at the same time I don't think the manager they've chosen is that guy.

BorisManUtd

Strange world where West Ham replace their best manager since Johnny Lyall in a season where they finish top half and had a deep European run. This is West Ham and not Chelsea, yes?

All because some noisy fans want their team to play more like Potter’s Brighton. How good is the new guy in comparison? Will he bring the “stylish football” the fans crave?
Think they've been on of the worst teams in PL in this calendar year. Also finished 14th last season, bit above relegation zone (of course Conference league run affected them). He's done fine job there and is a very good manager but it's legitimate to be looking for better brand of football as it seems Moyes has done as good job as he could.

I do think West Ham are one of the prime sides out of the major players to really make a stab at CL football along with Villa and Newcastle so it's not above their station to think of moving onto a better manager than Moyes but at the same time I don't think the manager they've chosen is that guy.
Yeah, same here. Lopetegui did okay job at Wolves but they didn't look entertaining though he was there for 6 months basically. Good that they tried for Amorim but maybe should've kept looking after failing to land him.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Not sure where else to stick this video but I've never understood this cringey friendship between West Ham and City fans.