Day 1: Qatar vs Ecuador - Match Discussion Only Please.

acnumber9

I feel like we're watching different clips. The player who challenges for the header has a team mate behind him who's leg is offside (offside only if we assume it was the Ecuador player who got his head on the ball).

It's the team mate who is offside who the ball drops to after the header, he then heads it, initial header then crosses it on the volley.

This is correct but only applies if it did indeed come of an Ecuador head when he challenged the keeper, which is debatable.

It's obviously only offside if the it comes of an Ecuador head when he challenges the keeper.

If it does comes off an Ecuador head, the next player to get a touch on the ball is the Ecuador player who was offside at the time of the header.
If it’s not Valencia offside has been given against them you’d be right. I’m not sure it’s not a Qatar player though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I've got to say Qatar being an embarassment and potentially the first ever host to lose their opener makes this a little bit more bearable.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Only watching the goals on twitter because feck this competition, but does Valencia usually not celebrate when he scores?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I feel like we're watching different clips. The player who challenges for the header has a team mate behind him who's leg is offside (offside only if we assume it was the Ecuador player who got his head on the ball).

It's the team mate who is offside who the ball drops to after the header, he then heads it, initial header then crosses it on the volley.

This is correct but only applies if it did indeed come of an Ecuador head when he challenged the keeper, which is debatable.

It's obviously only offside if the it comes of an Ecuador head when he challenges the keeper.

If it does comes off an Ecuador head, the next player to get a touch on the ball is the Ecuador player who was offside at the time of the header.
Thank you. Saved me some typing.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I've got to say Qatar being an embarassment and potentially the first ever host to lose their opener makes this a little bit more bearable.
but not in the slightest bit surprising

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What an awful awful performance from Qatar.
Can’t make the simple passes right

Withnail

he doesn’t touch it until he’s well on side as the ball bounces. ridiculous decision for me
Eh? If he's offside and he's the next one to touch the ball then he's offside. What do you mean?

Probably best you just wait till it's shown again at half time so we can see conclusively is the keeper punches the ball or if it comes off to the Ecuadorian who later attempts the bicycle kick. I suspect it comes off the Ecuador player.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
but not in the slightest bit surprising
I haven't watched a minute of their football, Ecuador is no top team and nothing would surprise me anymore with regards to corruption, so while it's indeed not a mind-blowing surprise, I didn't necessarily expect it.

PoTMS

Are Qatar the worst team to ever play in the World Cup? I'd fancy 2018 Panama/Saudi to beat them. They are really bad.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If Qatar can take advantage of playing v 10 before half time itll give them a chance of sorts to reset

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The Qatari coach is basically the love child of Vinnie Jones and ETH
He coaches like the love child of Ted Lasso and Frank De Boer (the Palace edition)