Day 1: Qatar vs Ecuador - Match Discussion Only Please.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Clearly Premier League refs running VAR. I thought maybe that "goal" was disallowed for a foul on the keeper rather than offside but as ever they don't tell us what they are doing or saying. watched the Rugby League yesterday and you could hear every word. It worked brilliantly

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
if the keeper punches the ball first then hits the attacker, surely that’s not the attacker intentionally playing the ball?

anyway

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Ecuador aren't be even that good, solid but nothing more. I can see the Netherlands inflicting the biggest ever world cup defeat on Qatar when they meet, if they feel like it.
I think the Netherlands might hammer Ecuador too

krazyrobus

Feck me, Supersport brought Owen and Hargreaves to broadcast in South Africa. What a waste of money.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
if the keeper punches the ball first then hits the attacker, surely that’s not the attacker intentionally playing the ball?

anyway
Doesn't matter

Remember that City goal that got disallowed in the 94th minute vs Spurs in the CL? Similar unintentional deflection happened there

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The physicality difference is really noticeable. Qatar can’t cope

Dazzmondo

I really like the look of Preciado, the rb for Ecuador. Apparently plays for Genk

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Keeper clearly punches it on to Ecuador players head so no offside. Glorious start for VAR 5 minutes in to WC. Couldn't make it up...

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
FFS

That shouldn't even be an option for another 3-4 WCs. Give it to an Asian or African country with some history for 2030 then SA or Europe after that.
I can see Infantino rants before WC 2030 in Saudi Arabia.

"You can complain about murdering journalists , remember your cavemen ancestors were misogynistic and pulled their women from the hair...today i am a journalist, today i am Arab, today i am Kashoogi".

"Kashoogi might have been murdered, but at least when he was alive, he didn't get bullied like my in highschool for being a ginger"

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Doesn't matter

Remember that City goal that got disallowed in the 94th minute vs Spurs in the CL? Similar unintentional deflection happened there
I don’t tbh.

I thought you could only be offside from an intentional play of the ball?

the offside laws need cleaning up.

Anyway glad ecuador put the doubt to bed

Lyricist

Keeper clearly punches it on to Ecuador players head so no offside. Glorious start for VAR 5 minutes in to WC. Couldn't make it up...
It doesn't matter if the Ecuadorian player played it intentionally or not. When he touched it, the other player was offside. (Aside of that he clearly wants to play the ball when he goes up to win the header, even if the goalkeeper punches it at him first)

Pintu

Are Ecuador actually good? It's impossible to tell from this game as Qatar are so shit.
Usually very decent defensively, not much more. This is very different to the type of the games we usually see them produce.

Qatar trying to park the bus and doing a poor job at it. The real game of the tournament for Ecuador will be the one against Senegal.

Telsim

Qatar will get massacred against Senegal if they keep playing like this. To say nothing of their game against Holland.

SemirTuce10

Supports
Velež
Awfully bad performance from a RB i saw ever. Looking some Qatar players
makes me think i can play behind school with few beers with my mates against them.

Tibs

A lot of talk about arm bands…the Qatari captain has got a Palestinian armband on.

Why haven’t the BBC mentioned it?