Day 12: Croatia vs Scotland | Czech Republic vs England

Judas

Open to offers
I don't really want to watch us with that team. To still have Phillips and Rice, to take actual piss by starting Saka. Sterling still playing. Kane who has been awful. The bloke hasn't got the guts for such a big and tough job.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Rice and Phillips again? :houllier::houllier:

Saka? Sterling again? Kane who is clearly fecked?

Why has he took Calvert Lewin? Or Sancho? To just sit about on the bench while he picks his little teachers pets? Perfect time to play Foden & Grealish together and he of course doesn't bother.

He is proper gormless isn't he. Even looks like a twat trying to look all moody and serious all the time.

Leg-End

Bundesliga football don’t count says Gareth Northfence.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I can't believe he's going with the two defensive midfielders again. Give Bellingham a start you coward!

Judas

Open to offers
Do even Arsenal fans think Saka should be starting? I'm baffled, genuinely. I wouldn't have even taken him given our options, and here he is starting ahead of Sancho.

Castia

Guy on sky reckons it’s the same formation with Saka playing from the left. If that’s the case how the hell has Saka got in ahead of Rashford and Sancho?

Theres going to be huge questions for Southgate to answer once we go crashing out he’s coming across as clueless.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
On the bright side, as some who doesn’t give a shit about England, I’m glad Rashford and Sancho are getting adequate rest. Only disappointment is Harry rushing back.

Pickle85

Genuinely can't believe he's starting saka ahead of Sancho. Incredible. Good to see Maguire start but that flipping double Pivot makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Judas

Open to offers
Is he only starting Saka because he doesn't want to appear like he's giving in to media pressure by starting Sancho?

I joked Sancho might not get a single minute after he didn't make the bench against Croatia, genuinely think its a possibility now.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Reckon Saka might be surprisingly good, glad Grealish is getting a game and agree that Maguire needs a run out too. Baffles me why he persists with Rice And Phillips though. Lets try to be a bit more positive ffs - Bellingham's more of a front foot player and is plenty tenacious out of possession, give him a fecking chance.

SteveCoppellFan

Cmon guys, everybody knew exactly what type of manager Southgate was well before the Euros started.

No point moaning about the way he manages now, everyone could see this coming a mile off.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Has he dropped Foden now from the squad ? And Saka ahead of Rashford and Sancho? What is he doing?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Is he only starting Saka because he doesn't want to appear like he's giving in to media pressure by starting Sancho?

I joked Sancho might not get a single minute after he didn't make the bench against Croatia, genuinely think its a possibility now.
I reckon he'll come off the bench for the last 20 minutes or so in this game.

Jacob

Ridiculous team selection. Regardless of the outcome.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Do even Arsenal fans think Saka should be starting? I'm baffled, genuinely. I wouldn't have even taken him given our options, and here he is starting ahead of Sancho.
Southgate really has the agony of choices.

Saka always delivered in an England shirt and it's not quiet the most important game of this Euros for England, so it's a good chance to give him minutes.

I think we don't have to discuss the quality of Sancho and it looks pretty clear, that he has his favourites (and probably 99% of all coaches have them).

But i don't understand why Southgate even nominates Sancho for the Euros, if he doesn't rate him.

BFernandes

Can you imagine the line-ups this melt would put out if he was managing United? :houllier:

Would be infuriating.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Foden not even in the squad. He’s a weird manager Southgate. England will not go far under him. An embarrassing exit might actually benefit us because if we go out to someone like France he’ll probably keep his job.

Pickle85

Saka is not shite....he is not Lingard.

Maybe it is a 3-4-3.
He's not shite but he's not even had more than a full season of senior football has he? More understandable if it's a 343 but why play a back three against the Czechs? Ugh, horse face makes pulling for the national team tricky.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The Athletic reported yesterday that some of the players in the squad feel he has his favourites.
I feel like he's taken the Shearer 96 story with el Tel as the only way to manage.

Just seems pointless to bring a squad if he's not going to use it.

IncyWincySpider

I don't mind him giving Saka a game but I would like to see more of Bellingham. Suppose him and Sancho might come on for fifteen minutes.