Day 12: Croatia vs Scotland | Czech Republic vs England

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
This is so underrated on here. Like playing with 10 players if someone is just walking/jogging around.
Pep Klopp or flick needed to pick the team for many to accept their favourites not in the team on merit.

0le

How the feck can Sancho not get a game? There is absolutely no reason to start Sterling here...and why is he not starting Bellingham?

RooneyLegend

Atleast he's playing his best player this time. Probably forced by the whole Mount debacle.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Atleast he's playing his best player this time. Probably forced by the whole Mount debacle.
Here’s no probably about it. I hope Sancho absolutely rips it up so Southgate has to explain why he‘s still dropping him back to the bench for the knockouts.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It's about team balance. If you play your fullbacks conservatively and play 2 defensive mids, it's better to just have difference makers in attack even if they do less defensively. Anyway, Grealish is pretty useless defensively too so that is likely why. It's still strange. You don't ignore one of the best attackers in Europe because he's not amazing as a presser (when the others like Sterling are merely average anyway...).
I think what you’re describing is the actual problem with the England team so far. Full backs too conservative. 2 dms/lack of creatively in the middle to knit it all together and no pressure from the inside forwards. It’s all a bit flat. They need to take the handbrake off and get up and at teams.

I can understand what you’re saying to some extent with a centre forward that plays on the shoulder waiting for the final ball but your wide forwards should be getting up and down and enabling your midfielders to drive forward by playing 1/2s. I think for the top teams putting pressure on weaker teams at international level is almost essential as most teams have a mistake/weak link in the back line. England are giving teams too much respect tactically when in reality they had enough to go and score a few against every team in their group.

RooneyLegend

Here’s no probably about it. I hope Sancho absolutely rips it up so Southgate has to explain why he‘s still dropping him back to the bench for the knockouts.
Did you mean Grealish? As far as I can tell Sancho still isn't starting.

Nori-

Part of me is annoyed Southgate isn't playing Sancho, he's clearly a massive talent and has proved himself over and over again at club level.

Then another part of me thinks, if he has a unbelievable tournament, it might increase last minute interest in him from other clubs, which could force his price up a little or even turn his head elsewhere. So better if he has a quiet tournament.

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Part of me is annoyed Southgate isn't playing Sancho, he's clearly a massive talent and has proved himself over and over again at at club level.

Then another part of me thinks, if he has a unbelievable tournament, it might increase last minute interest in him from other clubs, which could force his price up a little or even turn his head elsewhere. So better if he has a quiet tournament.
Also might make him more determined to leave Germany.

Stactix

Gosh Southgate's frustrating, the feck is Sterling or Kane playing you've qualified and they've been shite.
Play someone else and force them to actually fight for their place.

alexthelion

Saka did more in friendlies than Sancho. Sancho have to earn his place through performances.He will get his chances.
How exactly, if he's never picked?

Southgate proving a) he's a liar, using inexperience for leaving Sancho out, then playing Saka and b) incompetence by still playing Sterling and Kane. Guy hasn't got a scooby.

ps, come on England and hope Croatia beat the liars.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I'd love to know what the consensus is about England from abroad.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
“With the team selection tonight, there is NO DOUBT that England are looking to finish the group in upbeat fashion”

- Sam Matterface, philosopher of our time.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
“With the team selection tonight, there is NO DOUBT that England are looking to finish the group in upbeat fashion”

- Sam Matterface, philosopher of our time.
Yeah, I came here to have a "wtf is he on about" moment.

Absolute bellend, they honestly just talk shit and it doesn't even matter about the truth or facts. They even defend their incorrect calls, even when 24 replays show the commentator was wrong "well it was definitely a penalty because if you go back to 1967 then blah blah blah"

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
My God, how good is bloody Flower of Scotland when crowd sings?? Amazing. I could listen it over and over and over

Dudu

Aw. That kid couldn't believe he was on camera.

Wholesome :D

diarm

My God, how good is bloody Flower of Scotland when crowd sings?? Amazing. I could listen it over and over and over
It's amazing. Flower of Scotland at Murrayfield and Land of our Fathers at the Millenium Stadium during the Six Nations always make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
God save the queen on the other hand reminds me of this: