Day 13: Slovakia vs Spain | Sweden vs Poland | Portugal vs France | Germany vs Hungary

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Jesus I’m surprised so many think that was a pen

Keeper comes to punch the ball out, it’s a standard clearance and unfortunate for the player
It wasn’t intentional or dangerous and I don’t agree with the suggestions it was a red, but to say it’s not a penalty is just ludicrous. What’s the difference there with a defender who is unintentionally late for a tackle?

Catania

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
Catania
Clear red card, dangerous as hell.
Dunno what var is doing but France are lucky.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why is anyone arguing? That's one so many keepers get away with for no reason.

He basically elbowed him in the face, regardless of if the ball skimmed his fingers.
Want refs to give that way more often. Blatant pen but they got away with murder before.

FatTails

France are less than the sum of their parts, it has to be said. Based on the 2.33 games we’ve seen so far, not just today.

PoTMS

Germany have looked the best team in this group. And they are heading out as things stand.

Withnail

Keeper comes to punch the ball out, it’s a standard clearance and unfortunate for the player
Goalies regularly get away with stuff like this when they shouldn't.

However, Danilo heads the ball and gets punched in the face. It was reckless by Lloris. Why should that be allowed?

bosskeano

Lloris gave him a quality elbow to the jaw...not sure why the French players were arguing so much about it. He was clearly late and Danilo beat him to the ball in the air.

LARulz

Is a penalty for sure. I think Danillo got it first and if that was on the pitch and a player was late with a challenge then they'd have given a foul away

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No matter how blatant a penalty, someone here will argue that it's harsh.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

The player got to the ball first and then got punched in the face. On what planet can you get away with that just because you’re the keeper?

How often do we see keepers get protected by the referee for 50:50 challenges? They’re not allowed to just do whatever they want because they’re a keeper.

SirAnderson

Lloris did "touch" the ball. The same kind of touch that wouldn't award you a goal if you touched it after another player took a shot. The follow through onto his head plus that fact makes it a stone cold pen.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think that I would take Benzema off before half time. He has been absolutely useless.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ever since he’s joined Wolves, every time I’ve seen Joao Moutinho, he has been very good. One of those maybe in a different lifetime midfielders.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Are we allowed to say how much better Portugal are playing without Bruno?

Irwin99

Got the ball, zero intent to harm another player, just an unfortunate collision. If he completely missed the ball and whacked the player i'd understand but Lloris did his job.

Commentary; 'anywhere else on the pitch and it's a foul' yeah but goalkeepers by necessity have to use their arms and he got the ball.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I would love for someone to explain to me what the point of playing Leroy Sane as a central attacking midfielder is.

Quality selection by Low in this match.

Jon@thon

Headed the ball onto Lloris' hand, so Lloris actually made a save and conceeded a penalty for doing so?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
To Jogi's astonishment, Hungary are not as stupid as Portugal and actually defend against our wingbacks.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Bernardo Silva is such a lovely player.. another obvious one we passed on

Raredaredevil

Just did the Euro predictor and as things stand, Netherlands is facing Hungary instead of Czech. So funny and crazy how one result can change the whole draw.