Day 18: Croatia vs Brazil | Netherlands vs Argentina (QF 1&2)

fallengt

but I don't think you can just suggest that CR7 was better than Messi like it's an indisputable fact
Technically, Nations League is still harder to win than Copa america ;) . So Ronaldo > Messi, even though he skipped that tournament for the major part.

MBan

Supports
Liverpool
Supporting Netherlands today because my friend is a big fan, but the main reason is so that i wouldnt hear the phrase "Messi magic" anymore in this tournament. It irrationally triggers me now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That felt like watching Van Gaal's United: Decent start, lots of possession without really doing anything, the opposition capitalises on a mistake and bang you're behind.

Smacky The Frog

I hate this ref so much, fecking Mateu, just like in La Liga trying to be get the attention all the time.
I think he's a good ref because he usually doesn't fall for the histrionics and allows physicality but he is a bit attention hungry, yes. It's okay to try to maintain your authority but he's gone over the top in this match.

Siorac

Messi's the GOAT but honestly the best teams are in the other side of the draw.
France couldn't ask for a better opportunity to retain their trophy. They are by far the best team on paper and don't even have to worry about Brazil now.

Someone

Something
Portugal vs Argentina is not that far fetched anymore. Argentina will likely make it to the final, and Portugal will likely make it to the semi, so it's a case of Portugal overcoming France/England.

TommiHelm

I'm no fan of Lahoz myself, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with any of the cards shown so far. At least not the ones to the players actually playing. The guys on the bench could do with just a talking to.

atkar83

Ronaldo isn't even first choice for Portugal, so that's not going to be the case
He would do everything in his power to make sure he starts if Portugal plays Argentina. It may not be much, but you saw what he did to get out of United, he will go 10x harder to make sure he starts

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Nope. Spanish Michael Oliver.
Nah. You can just tell by the way he carries on he fecking LOVES it when it's about him, even more than someone like Oliver does.

Spanish Mike Dean (and a couple of people have already called it :lol:)

RopersReturn

Nothing happening in the Dutch midfield, is de Jong really worthy of all the superlatives he regularly receives?

fallengt

:lol:

Imagine the meltdown
I'd rather have Morocco vs Croatia than a Messi vs Ronaldo final.
The latter would mean we'd have a decisive outcome between those two. Nah, can't have that, their fans must suffer forever.

avgp_1

Couple of good subs. De Roon is terrible, had to get rid of him