Day 18: Croatia vs Brazil | Netherlands vs Argentina (QF 1&2)

Gycraig

Supports
Hull
The beauty of the Dutch of all teams resorting to Stoke tactics is something else. Football is a simple game. Brilliant drama.
they just kept bringing 9 foot tall players off the bench, what do they feed them

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
How annoying that teams only start playing with high tempo when they’re 2-0 down. Why make things harder for yourself? Teams should go into every game starting with 100% not wait until your down a few goals.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I have no dog in this fight but if Holland go through playing like 1980s Wimbledon then I might just start watching another sport.
Imagine that semi. Both teams will put in a petition to go straight to pens

Zen

Silva and Modric were always classy at every timeout. Messi and VVD nothing between them, VVD still hates him for robbing that Ballon d'Or off him, plus the soft shit here :lol:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
That has to be one of the greatest set pieces ever. Last minute, going out of a world cup in a great shooting position and you pass it to a player in the wall
Yep brave as feck and typical LvG. He might be past his best but he knows his shit still.

kidbob

Wasn't that Dutch freekick a foul on the Argentina first? The guy in front is pushed over by the Dutch player before the Argentina player behind pushes him over surely?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I mean, not really? He's done all he can with a goal and an assist during a game in which Argentina have not been able to keep the ball with any quality at all. If anything he's the only one who doesn't look rattled.
Nope. Looks rattled by how many times he is going after the ref.

avgp_1

How annoying that teams only start playing with high tempo when they’re 2-0 down. Why make things harder for yourself? Teams should go into every game starting with 100% not wait until your down a few goals.
Dutch have played with no tempo. They are basically Stoke City at this point

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So what, are we saying that teams should set themselves up to attack with everyone at the world cup even if it means they lose??

I don't understand your reasoning here?

Teams play to their strengths, or at least they should, so not sure where you're going with this?!
At what point did I say that Croatia should be playing in a way that I want? They can do whatever they want. Its just I don't prefer that football having watched it throughout their 2018 run and now.

I don't know why you're hellbent on wanting people to appreciate everything you think is right? I know Croatia will do things that help them win and I want wont hate them for it. It's just not my cup of tea.

People can have preferences, regardless they are right or not. There are different ways of enjoying football.

edcunited1878

That's called being desperate and it worked this time. Argentina contributed to that with their typical shithousery

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know it's petty, but I can't stand the Argentina goalie since he pulled that shithousery (which worked to perfection) against us.