g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 19: Czech Republic vs Denmark | Ukraine vs England (QF 3&4)

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
and yet his tactics have got us this far.

The criticism Southgate gets on here is atrocious

I swear the CAF expect England to play like Fifa video game and go out there and spank every team 6-0. People are deluded!

Even if England win the Euro's there'll still be criticism. Mind boggles.
Spot on, people don’t want Southgate to do well, I remember someone saying even if England won the first game then his selection was wrong :lol:

We’ve had the best chance and controlled the game, proper professional job so far and we will no doubt get a second.

Zen86

How have we been holding on? I’m watching something different
I think people see two holding midfielders in the lineup + Southgate in charge and basically invent the rest in their heads. We’re quite comfortably in charge, there’s not really much to complain about.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Anyone could get this England team into a solid unit. Hand the job to big Sam. He should be doing a hell of a lot more when you've got players like Kane, Sancho, Grealish etc. Not squeezing past teams playing painfully dull football.
They did, he just liked his brown envelopes a bit too much :lol:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sterling, Shaw, Sancho been good, Mount underwhelming , Walker poor
Mount has contributed well defensively to be fair to him. Shaw's passing has been a bit sloppy but he's pressed so well to get the ball back when he's messed up that it often works for us.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Mount needs to be taken off and shouldn't play the SF either (he'd be good against the Italians though)

Get Grealish on

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Honestly this could be your Mane level signing. Gets past players for fun, and not just that but shows that those players are not fit to play against him. That's the buzz we've always had with Mane excluding last season.

Berbasbullet

Anyone could get this England team into a solid unit. Hand the job to big Sam. He should be doing a hell of a lot more when you've got players like Kane, Sancho, Grealish etc. Not squeezing past teams playing painfully dull football.
:lol: we’ve had brilliant sides often and we have tried playing sexy football and what happens? We lose, every time.

We have been really professional tonight and it’s a good performance, honestly I don’t care if we’re boring (we’re not even that boring).

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Sancho with some fancy footwork and dribbling on both sides of the pitch, but you have to say Shaw has been sensational both in defence and attack. How England haven't been at the end of one of those cutbacks into the box is a mystery. Excellent free kick that Kane should have put on target, too.

Berbasbullet

Honestly this could be your Mane level signing. Gets past players for fun, and not just that but shows that those players are not fit to play against him. That's the buzz we've always had with Mane excluding last season.
Keep going…. :lol:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Its 40% 'controlling the game because we're ahead and it's very hot' and 60% 'we'd probably play this way anyway because having Rice and Philips give us little other option'

I_ndlovu

Supports
Coventry
We take being cautious to a whole new level. Sooner or later it's going to bite us on the arse.

Strelok

Surprisingly Ukraine play much better football despite the score. England play two DM yet got overun numerous times in the midfield. Ukraine looks so much better with the ball, they have some pretty technical players there.

England gonna win but tbh the football is so dull. Southgate has just transformed to Jose. Only good thing so far is Sancho :drool:

InfiniteBoredom

It was until Ukraine started to press and everything went a bit silly. I was moaning about the pragmatism sitting on a 1-0 but I was pining for it once they started to play balls through our lines later in the half.
You should be out working a side who have just played ET + pen a mere 3 days ago. The lackadaisical passing at the back is painful to watch.

Could’ve easily been another goal or two up after the fantastic start.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Ahh yes that really attractive defensive long ball football that Big Sam plays. Really want to watch that!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Sterling looked like the best player on the pitch. He could be player of the tournie if England gets to Final.

Walker is the worst of England, and Mount has done nothing.

Banana Republic

The English centre defence and their attack are a marvel but the midfield is absolutely overrun by the Ukrainians
Our central midfield is the weak link.
Rice and Phillips are playing too deep patrolling in front of the back line, so Mount is on his own, outnumbered and not getting into the game.
England are devoid of ideas and relying on Sterling and Sancho to do all the attacking work.
Italy will rip us to bits, if we meet them in the final, playing like this.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Sterling looked like the best player on the pitch. He could be player of the tournie if England gets to Final.
His defensive work this tournament has been incredible.

Zoo

It’s a boring game if we’re honest. Grealish for Mount and England should get 3 at least.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yes, but being smashed by Italy is less embarassing since Italy is actually very good.
They are, but so far England seem to be very tough to score on. As long as this stays, theres always a good chance.

Italys midfield will surely walk all over Englands, but does it really matter If they don't score?

Im not hoping for it, Italy can feck off, I wouldnt mind football coming home.
Roger that.

england have a game to get through tonight, and a semi final (hopefully), to think about first.

if we manage to get to the final, we will give anyone a bloody good game.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
You should be out working a side who have just played ET + pen a mere 3 days ago. The lackadaisical passing at the back is painful to watch.

Could’ve easily been another goal or two up after the fantastic start.
We got in a couple more times playing patiently. I don't think we need to throw the kitchen sink a goal up in this heat, just get Mount into the game more (come across to link with Shaw and his winger, Mason, don't be shy) or swap him for Grealish. As frustrating as that half was at times I don't feel the need to dramatically change the setup when you're controlling the game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Mount is supposed to be the link player and he isn't involved at all. All the attacks are from the wings, Kane and Mount both are not involved. Kane is 9, so it's easy to see why he is isolated, Mount should be involved more.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
England are absolutely dire to watch. Would easily be the worst champions (to watch) in Euros history and that includes Greece.

It’s frightening to think what a current and more ambitious manager would do with the squad. It’s a ridiculous squad of talent.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I was just sitting here thinking to myself, I wonder was TRENT thinks of the game so far.

bosskeano

the main issue for england in the first half was Ukraine sitting deep and england just moving the ball not quickly enough. The 3 CM's just didn't force the issue and push the ball forward and then move it quickly to the other side.

they were clearly sitting in a 532 so plenty of space for Rice and Phillips to get on the ball