Day 2: Chile vs. Australia

JefferiesTube

3 good games today, especially the main event spectacular. England v Italy tomorrow. The WC has arrived :D

CantonaGiggs1

Nope. Not losing against both Spain and Holland will do the job for them.
That is true, but they can't take any chances. Spain will score a bunch of goals against Australia. Who knows if van Gaal will go easy on Chile. He might not.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You have to feel for Australia, harsh on them. That extra bit of class told in the end IMO.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
3-1 Chile. Australia are knackered! Fair play to them though. Chile will need to play much better than this against Spain and Holland!

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Chile celebrated having won the World Cup.

Oh.....no...wait. They've just scraped a win over an amateur side. Mugs.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Best game so far. Entertaining clash of styles. Bonus points for proper refereeing and commentators.

JefferiesTube

Australia lost but I think they can take heart from this game and stay positive they can get something against Spain/Netherlands.

Dylan94

Not only is the score line very flattering; Chile do not deserve 3 points from that game. I really feel for Australia. Great game though.

ctp

Nice goal by Bonjour, as the German commentator kept calling him :rolleyes:

Dylan94

:lol: It looks like the referee was thinking about getting in the way of that shot that was the 3rd goal. He moves out of the way just in time!

Sam

Today's been a great day of football. I tuned in at 4, and I'm still sat here at nearly 1 in the morning. That's what the World Cup is all about.

Really hope tomorrow is as good.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not only is the score line very flattering; Chile do not deserve 3 points from that game. I really feel for Australia. Great game though.
I'd say they deserve 3 points. Its not like any of the goals were controversial. They were all earned.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I thought it was a cracking game, end to end stuff and the ref let it flow, what more do you want from a game like this.
My point is that despite being end to end, it lacked something. Probably because most of the players seem anonymous compared to the better known sides.

CrashDavis

I'd say they deserve 3 points. Its not like any of the goals were controversial. They were all earned.
I'm looking at it in terms of their ability as a team especially when they eventually face better opposition. Chile were extremely poor tonight... lacked conviction or belief when Australia scored. That's not a good sign.

Dylan94

You have a point. The goals were all fairly and well earn't but actually apart from the first 15 minutes or so, Australia were the better team and yet they go away with nothing. That's football though I guess. But off the back of that performance; there's no way Chile are getting any further than the last 16.