g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 2: England vs Iran | Senegal vs Netherlands | USA vs Wales

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Mendy bro. We can't defend you anymore. This is so bad.

Smacky The Frog

So many Chelsea fans were acting like he was the second coming of Cech for a long time.
Maybe it was just a good run of form under the right circumstances, but he was genuinely excellent for about a 6 month or so period (perhaps more, Chelsea fans can correct me) under Tuchel. I think he had one really bad mistake on the ball in the following season and that shakiness has spilled into every facet of his performances since. Just looks like a semi-broken keeper now. You can't be that fragile in your confidence as a GK at a top club.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Something is lacking. The only team that really seemed to be different in recent years were Algeria when they won the ACN and they following months after it. It's frustrating as an African viewer.
They just don't believe that they can do it against a big team. They play to just not lose. A true shame.

Aaaand the mandatory second goal to highlight this fecking shite mentality.

Smacky The Frog

sad. i always root for the African teams in these tournaments and they always seem to lose in the same sad ways.

Beobachter

This isn't my childhood's Netherlands, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they could finish off more dominant teams this way. That keeper was really good for someone who was clubless and supposedly almost quit football just two years ago.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Feels like it's the first time proper time keeping is being used in football. Maybe this WC won't be so bad after all

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They just don't believe that they can do it against a big team. They play to just not lose. A true shame.

Aaaand the mandatory second goal to highlight this fecking shite mentality.
That's what it is mentality, Holland were average and Mendy basically gifted them 2 goals. So so frustrating

RoyH1

Senegal has a strong and talented team but if they have mistakes like this in the WC, they’re not going to make it far. Ecuador becomes a life or death game for them

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I still like Ecuador to go through after what I saw from Senegal today.