Day 2: Portugal v Spain, Morocco v Iran and Egypt v Uruguay

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's come across as even bigger a cnut. The way he told Nev he shouldn't tell him how to play central midfield, it's as if he was Xavi himself. The irony was obviously lost on him considering that's exactly what he gets paid for and he isn't exactly any good either.
I had to endure Neville as a CDM at Everton for a few years and that's showed me all i needed to know in his thoughts upon central midfielders.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Morocco have back 4 starting of Hakimi-Benatia-Saiss-Amrabat

Also Ziyech, Belhanda, Boussoufa starting so plenty of names the casual fan will know. (No doubt someone will come on here in next two minutes and said he's never heard of any of them :lol:)

Iran not so much. Was hoping they'd bring likes of Ali Daei, Mehdi Mahdavikia and Ali Karimi out of retirement, liked that France 98 team.

They do have Dejagah on the bench who was at Fulham and also an ex Charlton striker with a very long surname.

Sjaakmeoff

Also Ziyech, Belhanda, Boussoufa starting so plenty of names the casual fan will know. (No doubt someone will come on here in next two minutes and said he's never heard of any of them :lol:)

Iran not so much. Was hoping they'd bring likes of Ali Daei, Mehdi Mahdavikia and Ali Karimi out of retirement, liked that France 98 team.

They do have Dejagah on the bench who was at Fulham and also an ex Charlton striker with a very long surname.
Jahanbakhsh is the one to watch from Iran.

Fully Fledged

Ryan Giggs not taking a liking to Quieroz due to him committing the heinous crime of calling him by his surname.
I agree with him. Call me by my first name or call add Mr to my surname. Calling me by my surname without adding the Mr to the front is just ignorant. Using a nickname of a surname can be acceptable to some people but you have to be aware of that before hand. .

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Shame for the miskick, that was a nice corner routine.

Think this will be a good match, needs an early goal though.

Sylar

I agree with him. Call me by my first name or call add Mr to my surname. Calling me by my surname without adding the Mr to the front is just ignorant. Using a nickname of a surname can be acceptable to some people but you have to be aware of that before hand. .
What if thats what he called him all that time at OT?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Morocco is easily the best team of the teams played so far...6 minutes in and blatantly obvious. Hope they smash Iran tbh. Can never fully get behind a side that just parks the bus and tries to play dirty.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Missed the early game. :(

Might download it later. Was it worth watching?

Rojofiam

Looking like a promising game so far. I bet on Morocco to qualify @ 4.30 yesterday :devil:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Is that the fella on the plane to Manchester?

James Peril

Missed the early game. :(

Might download it later. Was it worth watching?
One of the most dreadful games in the history of football, so no! Well, almost. A few good chances, but the play was just extremely dull and not worth watching.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
First game i'm not half watching. Interesting indeed.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
One of the most dreadful games in the history of football, so no! Well, almost. A few good chances, but the play was just extremely dull and not worth watching.
Yeah I went out at half time and was disappointed to find out it was still on when I returned.

Darkhorsez

Morocco are very attacking. Iran are very dirty. First red card of the tournament in this game?
You must watching a different game. Morocco are on top and team Melli players look very nervous and panicky. So let’s reserve the use of the word dirty for where appropriate.