Day 2: Portugal v Spain, Morocco v Iran and Egypt v Uruguay

Enigma_87

You know who
Godin has been fantastic.

on the other hand Suarez is having a shocker.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Uruguay have been in decline for a while. They are now depending on old players and pure shit.

Hanks

Did they just say tickets are £300 each?!? No wonder the stadium is fecking empty :houllier:
Fake News. Best CAT tickets are $210 USD (Center). Lowest ones (available to Russian citizens and residents only), around $40 USD.

Eila

Uruguay have been in decline for a while. They are now depending on old players and pure shit.
I had heard they now have a creative midfield. Looks like that was greatly exaggerated. And with Suarez having a shocker they'll have to depend on a corner or free kick goal.

izec

Uruguay relying on individual brilliance. Avergae going forward, their midfield is playing it safe all the time. Their crossing is United standard

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Lot of sloppy passing here.

Egypt feel very standoffish at the back. Granted, they're not exactly having to press considering Uruguay lack ideas with the ball, but still giving them a lot of space.

marktan

Does the pitch look poor to anyone else? Ball moving at a snails pace on every pass.

justboy68

Egypt might live to regret not getting ahead in this first half. Can see Uruguay coming out much stronger in the second half.

izec

Uruguay relying on Godin to initiate attacks :lol: They need to do 2 or 3 subs, their midfield is a shambles

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Godin has been fantastic.

on the other hand Suarez is having a shocker.
not really a shocker at this point as he plays exactly the same for Barcelona for almost 2 seasons now, awful all-round play with occasional flashes of brilliance and a good scoring record as they create a lot for him.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
So why all the empty seats?

EGY need to shoot from distance and hope for a clean shot or a deflection. Crossing or playing in the box isn’t working without Salah.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Boring game as expected.

Commentators acting like Uruguay are 4-0 down. They haven’t been that bad, Egypt were always gonna be tough to break down.

Ban

Slow, morbid, horrible, zombie football. It's like watching our team vs our team.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Splendid match so far. Much better that the dross yesterday. Egypt doing really well.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Been a terribly scrappy game. Gonna be won by a shit goal or a moment of magic as they say.

marktan

Morocco Iran next :annoyed:
Never know, Ramadan just ended and it's Eid today so the teams could be up for a party. Eid could've been tomorrow which means we would've seen two fasting teams going at it instead.

el3mel

Excellent. Bore them to death and escape with a point and will be very happy.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
You do realise the idea of the game is to put the ball in the back of the net. To go for 90 minutes without doing so is failing in the main objective of the game.
Both sides going 90 minutes without scoring means both teams failed.
I watched a lot of goalless games but really good games to watch, the only time I don't like the game is if was my team.

Loublaze

ATLien
2-3 years is long enough in modern football. He's probably the best pure out and out defender playing these days.
I don't know man. He'll be 33 before the season is over and playing in the most demanding league in the world. Those should be his easy years, using his experience to preserve himself for as long as possible and not having to adapt to the rigours of a big new challenge. That's just how i see it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I wonder if the manager will consider taking Suarez off for Maxi Gómez who's looked really promising at Celta Vigo this season just gone if he doesn't get into the game.

I'm sort of intrigued by it, no idea what to expect so might be surprisingly fun.
My thoughts going into that game, too. :lol: Let's hope so!

el3mel

Is Salah fit to play? Reckon he can make their defense sweat in the last 30 minutes.
Fit but not 100% fit. I'll throw him in last 15 minutes if the result is still 0-0 by then. If they manage to score, I'll prefer to save him for the upcoming matches.

Enigma_87

You know who
not really a shocker at this point as he plays exactly the same for Barcelona for almost 2 seasons now, awful all-round play with occasional flashes of brilliance and a good scoring record as they create a lot for him.
aye, but no flashes of brilliance so far. Losing the ball most often than not, slow to react, languid movement, donkey of a touch.. Let alone that miss..