g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 3: France v Australia, Argentina v Iceland, Peru v Denmark, Croatia v Nigeria

fck

Supports
Bayern
This is my problem with it.

Everyone kept banging on about removing controversy, which will never happen.
VAR is about making sure that obvious decisions are correct. There will be still 50/50 decisions that VAR cant solve but thats ok.

edcunited1878

So France played poorly yet got the result and Argentina played like shite and got a draw. Kante and Pogba the best players so far today.

Ekeke

Argentina always such a weird team, never seem to have a manager who picks the best players. Got what they deserved

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant iceland. Shows what a team with a well drilled system can do at this level even against world class players. Theres always an upset at the world cup, could well be that Argentina is the one that gets fecked this year. As likely as anyone imo.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Messi had two times more chances to score than Ronaldo but misses the pen, doesn't get any of his shots in and wastes the FK before the final whistle.

Saad K

Undergoing Verification
I love this Iceland team. Iceland for WC 2018 for me.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Wish some of the Utd players had the Icelandic playwrs' mentalities. They never gave up.

maniwin

Iceland defend like a warrior despite being part timer. Well deserve

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Romero would not have spilled the ball like that for Iceland's goal. :cool:

fellaini's barber

This has put a spanner in the works or us(Nigeria) ,didn't see Iceland getting a single point against the Argies

LoneStar

Wow, huge result for Iceland. Defended well throughout. This Argentina team is going nowhere. For such an incredible player, Messi simply sucks at penalties. You know Ronaldo would have buried that.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
USA players could do well to look at how Iceland play as a team and remain confident throughout versus just being arrogant, lazy tossers expecting a positive result.

pauldyson1uk

Well done Iceland a very well deserved draw, Messi was not on song today, missed a badly taken penalty, Di Maria might has well have been sat in the stands.
Bad day for Argentina.
I was expecting an easy win, just goes to show how wrong I was , Iceland could have quite easily won.

drdoityourself

The longest game of my life. What a point. I seem to have drank all my beer in stress. This team is just full of character.

Inter Yer Nan

I think Argentina go home early. You never know with the Croats but it’s possible Argentina enter the last game relying on other teams.

I think they’ll go home and Messi will have a little cry and retire again.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Argentina didn't play like a team. Every time a non-Messi had the ball he was trying to find Messi. Every time Messi passed and ran he got the ball back and was stopped. They really should use Messi more like Barcelona do by exploiting the gaps he creates elsewhere by drawing 2-3 defenders to himself.

Iceland did well at closing the runs, being tight in midfield and rather allow them to go wide. Midfielders tracked every run, you often score because a midfielder is asleep and doesn't track the attacker that makes a run into the box.

Second half obviously not as good as the first half. Captain couldn't play 90 minutes (it was his first match in months). Gylfi isn't 100% yet and can't play 90 minutes at high tempo and sadly Jóhann Berg got injured, our best player in the qualifiers and our best performer in the previous club season.

Some players were getting cramps against Ghana and we saw a couple of players get cramps this match which is a bit worrying.

The heads are however screwed on tightly and there's probably not a better team in the competition.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Btw, Pavón usually plays on the right wing if you know some team that needs that type of player.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Was really looking forward to the WC this time but apart from that Spain-Portugal game it's been really hard to watch. God I hope we get some good matches now.

Fauzan

Warrior like display by Iceland but Argentina were so one dimensional

Get the ball to the final third, look for Messi.
Messi gets the ball, tries a shimmy and looks for a receiver at the edge of the box to play a one-two with.

They got in good positions but returned to Plan A as if it got auto-triggered in their head (Like Valencia's back/square passes). Idiots.
And FFS Messi, should have buried that.

Ban

Where was Dybala..?
No chemistry, no cohesion in that Argentina team, very bad day for Messi too. Everybody was trying to force it, score it by themselves, hoofing and puffing but nothing was happening for them, Messi was trying too much to do it on his own.

On the other hand they were trying to find him on every occasion instead of playing like a team.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Iceland get their point at the WC

Argentina will win their next 2, Iceland will lose their next 2. This was always argentina toughest game of the group and Iceland's best shot at a point

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Was really looking forward to the WC this time but apart from that Spain-Portugal game it's been really hard to watch. God I hope we get some good matches now.
This last game was good too. You didn't like it?