Day 4: Costa Rica vs Serbia, Germany vs Mexico , Brazil vs Switzerland

NYAS

Weird he didnt make it, nothing special, same as Fejsa, feck him, weird, injured, not good enough, he could be included, not good enough.
Thanks! I’m sure a couple could have been included for depth. Your country produces DMs like there’s no tomorrow.

R'hllor

Thanks! I’m sure a couple could have been included for depth. Your country produces DMs like there’s no tomorrow.
Yea it happens when old guard of coaches play with one striker, they are losing a game 1:0 and then sub only striker to put a defensive minded player either CB or DMC.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
They beat Spain in 2010, they lost to a 118th minute winner against Argentina in 2014 and they drew against France in 2016. They've been doing pretty well and they were very impressive in qualification this year
3rd in their group in 2010. Knocked out in RO16 in 2014 and 2016. That's what I said, a nothing team. Will 'try hard' and 'give a fight' but eventually do nothing.

Rajma

Matic is so uninspiring with his passing out of his 10+ passes all of them have been backwards to CBs so far after taking a touch to slow down the play, we need an upgrade on him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The negativity that creeps in when there isn’t an early goal is frustrating. Serbia taking about 5 years to get out their own half under no pressure.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
3rd in their group in 2010. Knocked out in RO16 in 2014 and 2016. That's what I said, a nothing team. Will 'try hard' and 'give a fight' but eventually do nothing.
Not being a top 8 team in the world doesn’t make them a nothing team, you’re being too harsh. They’ll give Brazil a good game even if I agree with you that Brazil will win

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Matic is so uninspiring with his passing out of his 10+ passes all of them have been backwards to CBs so far after taking a touch to slow down the play, we need an upgrade on him.
It's not his role to be creative. He's in that team to protect the back four and control the midfield which he is doing well. Matic was arguably our best outfield player last season and you want us to upgrade on him? Not going to happen.

Kag

But when we do we upgrade on his upgrade? That's the real question.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They beat Spain in 2010, they lost to a 118th minute winner against Argentina in 2014 and they drew against France in 2016. They've been doing pretty well and they were very impressive in qualification this year
They are so negative it hurts.

RedDevilRoshi

This is the first time I have seen him play and tbh, he looks no better than what we’ve got.

He might get better as the game/tournament goes on but so far, nothing to get excited about and definitely not worth the money Lazio value him at.

Ban

No, we don't.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's not his role to be creative. He's in that team to protect the back four and control the midfield which he is doing well. Matic was arguably our best outfield player last season and you want us to upgrade on him? Not going to happen.
Its everyones role to occasionally show some creativity and try things. This whole "it's not his role" thing that always gets used for different players is such a cop out, its football, everyone has to contribute to all parts of play. Whether its playing out from the back, pressing from the front, tracking back, etc.

The best holding midfielders are also very progressive passers and quick on the ball. Matic had a good season, but he has his faults, and on the ball is a big one for him. Hes safe, but too slow and safe for the most part.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
This game needs a goal. It started off very well but now it’s getting too slow

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is the first time I have seen him play and tbh, he looks no better than what we’ve got.

He might get better as the game/tournament goes on but so far, nothing to get excited about and definitely not worth the money Lazio value him at.
Oh he definitely isnt worth that amount. Hes a good talented player but like Pogba, a midfielder for moments rather then overall play over 90 minutes. Which is not what we need.

Fully Fledged

He's right. I had to go to an engagement party when Ireland were playing Italy at the World Cup in America. About 8 of us spent 2 hours in the bar watching the match. About 20 other blokes were just too scared to join us.

The bride to be wasn't impressed, especially when she sent the groom to be to fetch us and he ended up stopping to watch the match until she came and dragged him back. When she led him away we were all making whip sound effects. They never did end up getting married.

R'hllor

Tosic can you feck off, how the feck this guy came with a squad on WC

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Before Utd have to upgrade Matic, there are 9 other guys who have to be upgraded.

Seriously, which holding midfielder is out there who would be an upgrade on him and not near retirement age (29)?

Pacificgi

Would that have gone to var if it went in given the linesman put his flag up?

Charles Miller

I watched him before he is excellent. In the current market i would pay $80 $90 millions to get him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Serbia not using Lazio's "punt it to Milinkovic" tactic enough

cyberman

I actually looked this up.
77 percent of his passes are forward passes, he has a better pass accuracy than Casemiro with both having an average pass length of 18m.
In short..no we don't.

Nick7

Milinkovic Savic looks decent, but based on this game he's exactly what United do not need.