Day 4: Costa Rica vs Serbia, Germany vs Mexico , Brazil vs Switzerland

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think Aluko actually did well in that analysis. Confused as to what Larsson was suggesting (that SMS was only pushing up in the box because he can't play deeper). I think Aluko was correct in saying that it's tactical to have SMS push up into the box when Ivanovic was delivering crosses.

RoyH1

As a Mexico fan, i’m really nervous for this match. Our manager is insane (the Bielsa type of insane) who’s typically been high-risk/high-reward and risks/experiments A LOT. Either expecting a sort of upset against the Germans or complete annihilation of the Mexico squad. There won’t be an in-between IMO (this is how it’s typically gone under this manager). Lets see what happens..
Exactly how I feel about this game. No in between for this game.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think Aluko actually did well in that analysis. Confused as to what Larsson was suggesting (that SMS was only pushing up in the box because he can't play deeper). I think Aluko was correct in saying that it's tactical to have SMS push up into the box when Ivanovic was delivering crosses.
He's been doing it a lot in general though. It depends what you expect from him. He's playing that AM type role but he's not there to link the attack half the time and is pushed right up.

You can see already that he's not a player that will orchestrate your attack, he's a player of moments.

Dinghy

Just say it, don't be shy. In any case we never see posts about how shite United is. It's welcomed.
Heh, it's a part of our play that needs to be improved and it should be mentioned more often, as its been an issue for fecking years. Serbia obviously has got the same problem.

What’s Evra done?
The presenter asked him if he thought SMS would be a good fit for Utd. So he was saying you have to be careful when talking about Utd because you need to have character to play for Utd and have to be willing to die for the badge ❤

Bojan11

Why are people mentioning the heat? Evra and the commentators brought it up. Serbia isn’t in the North Pole or a cold country.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
That kind of proves his point doesn't it? Matic has the ability to be much more aggressive with his passing choices, but settles for conservative options the vast majority of the time.
I can't think of many world class defensive midfielders who play the way some people on here expect them to. Matic is just like Casemiro, Busquests, Fernandinho in the sense that they play in a midfield three with much more creative players beside them so they usually leave the creativity to them. But the claim that Matic never plays forward passes is a total myth as @cyberman just proved.

Ainu

Clear penalty on that corner, more judo than football, but unsurprisingly not given. What do we even have VAR for?