Day 4: Costa Rica vs Serbia, Germany vs Mexico , Brazil vs Switzerland

Fauzan

Absolutely blown away by this Mexican side. Taking the game to the Germans. Fast, aggressive and sharp. Not afraid to take on the ball, even with a German on their shoulder. Well knit and threatening offensively. Most impressive side thus far for me.

DRM

There hasn't been a clear outstanding team thus far. Brazil and Belgium yet to play, but dare I say it, England have a chance :nervous::nono:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This looks like Brazil x Belgium in 2002 to me. The Belgians were smashing Brazil but did not kill the game, then they lost.
Not helped by having a good goal ruled out for literally no reason

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Central midfield just isn't working at all either Gündogan has to come on or Özil has drop deeper
It's not looking good but not unfixable either, pity we conceded that silly goal.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
This looks like Brazil x Belgium in 2002 to me. The Belgians were smashing Brazil but did not kill the game, then they lost.
I kinda remember that game. Didnt Brazil get a little help by the ref that time? Im not sure

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The German defense has been terrible so far.

Brazil gonna revenge the 1-7 playing like that.
It's funny but the tactics Germany use and naivety seems painfully similar to Brazil in that 7-1. Could well be a huge result against someone like that if they go in with these tactics.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Supposed to being the operative word. It's not happening, so maybe he should use his common sense and just stop going forward as much.

Yes, it means Germany won't have the outlet, but it also means they won't be vulnerable at the back.

They still have four players (should do) up top to hurt Mexico.
If his manager tells him to stay high, is he supposed to disobey?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Reading some comments on the web live text praising Mexico but also surprised by them. They’ve got some quality footballers and should be 2 or 3 up. Hope they don’t let this opportunity slip.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Thay first half was a joy to watch. I havent enjoyed a half as much for a long time. Who is the coach of this Mexico team? Their football has been sensational. fecking lovely.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Agreed. He's been really impressive everytime i saw him for mexico. Apparently Porto fans aren't as impressed though...
He had a very good year this season but he's mostly been a bit crap for Porto. Porto fans hated that he wore the armband for a while but now they like him

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
When the attack breaks down, he's in a winger position. Someone else is supposed to cover him. He's not superman
Indeed. German TV just analyzed a few scenes highlighting the complete lack of defending of our CMs Khedira and Kroos, which led to those situations in the first place.

Dan

Why do the German manager and his number 2 always were the same outfits?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Feck me, rather than correcting the stat about Germany winning France 98, Lineker's actually compounded it by saying that Germany's success started v Mexico. Wtf are these people paid for?

Carolina Red

Staff
The first date I ever took the girl who is now my wife on was during the 2010 World Cup. We went to a sports bar and watched the US draw with England 1-1.

We got married the same day as my favorite college football team played in a huge bowl game... she didn’t mind that we put TVs up to watch the game during our reception dinner.

I did well for myself, I think.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Are you privy to the team talk or something? Also he was making a ludicrous appeal for a penalty whilst Mexico attacked down his flank and made a goalscoring opportunity.
You think if the manager told him to stay a bit lower and be more present defensively he woudn't have done that?

Mohamed Salah

Supports
Merseyside Red FC
German might even have problem against the fast and hard running korean. This look like a case of defending champion being knocked out at the group stage like France in 2002.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Germany are using Moyes as tactical consultant?