Day 6: Brazil vs. Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. P Mosh

They say "eeeeeeh" waving the hands while the keeper is walking to the ball and "puto (in this case, faggot)" when he kicks it... it was weird to see Brazilians doing it too.

Mali_Zeus

Tbh, I'd rather have to play for win than for draw against Mexicans.
Yeah but they will need a draw, they'll defend, we will have to attack which will leave us open to their counter attacks and their long balls from the flank. It will be a crazy game. I dont know if I'll watch it cause of nervousness. :)

Mustinjo

Yeah but they will need a draw, they'll defend, we will have to attack which will leave us open to their counter attacks and their long balls from the flank. It will be a crazy game. I dont know if I'll watch it cause of nervousness. :)
True, but IMHO our team isn't really suited for defending, we are much better when we have to attack.
If you have problem with nerves, just pour some rakija before, always works. :D

Mali_Zeus

True, but IMHO our team isn't really suited for defending, we are much better when we have to attack.
If you have problem with nerves, just pour some rakija before, always works. :D
Haha, I will have a few drinks before the game, that's for sure. :)

I dont know, we must play with Vukojević as DMF in any case..

But enough of our spam here. :)

Mali_Zeus

"chievas es la PUTA que Atlas disfruta"
should be the very origin. At some point they started to shout "puto" a lot.

would have been great if Croatia and Mexico could have survived the group. Sadly the ref fecked up
in your first match. Will be a great match/fight.
May the best team win. :)

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
How is it that a great football country like Brazil can't produce a better centre forward than Fred? Or Jo? Or Hulk?
Excellent from Mexico.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
For a 0-0 draw, that match was definitely exciting. Other than the Nigeria-Iran match, the matches have been very exciting and enthralling.

Mexico had the perfect tactical setup against Brazil. They double-teamed all areas of the pitch and closed down all of the dangerous spaces. The players did a great job, defensively, against Brazil, with the defenders doing an excellent job stopping the runners and passes through. On the attack, they were assured and confident in possession. dos Santos, Herrera, Guardado, and the wing backs were very good going forward. I felt that Chicharito should have come on earlier for Peralta as Mexico took too many long shots whilst the Brazilian defenders were starting to look tired.

That said, Brazil still did a great job defensively. Even with such poor defensive players, they were alright in terms of their organisation. There's no doubt that Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world, though. Dani Alves and Marcelo weren't that good defensively, and Luiz looked like he could have struggled, but Thiago Silva and Luiz Gustavo carried the Brazilian defence, particularly Thiago Silva. Paulinho was defensively poor, though. I don't know why Scolari doesn't play Hernanes instead of Paulinho. Hernanes does everything Paulinho does whilst being more defensively capable as well. On the attack, Brazil flattered to deceive. Fred was horrible and made it difficult for the other attackers to do much. Scolari had the right approach with Brazil trying to play from out wide to create space for Neymar and Paulinho's late runs, but Fred was so poor that the Mexicans were able to close down Neymar and Paulinho, and the crosses into the box were easy to deal with due to Fred's poor movement. Plus, the Mexicans being dangerous on the break meant that Paulinho wouldn't go forward that frequently.

Brazil really need to drop Fred. He's been poor so far and has been a liability for Brazil in attack. Jo's the more dynamic player, and Hernanes is more defensively apt than Paulinho, allowing for him to not have much trouble going forward and worrying about recovering his position.

Thomas#7

Brazil's lack of goal-scorers will prevent them from winning the WC. It'll be Germany or France this year.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm struggling to comprehend how such a huge football obsessed country can only have Fred and Jo as strikers at their disposal.

Djemba-Djemba

I think calling them awful is a bit harsh.

They seem to be a bit average, they don't seem to have as many stars as we're used to seeing from a Brazil team. They've been very workmanlike.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Despite the 0-0 scoreline, that was a very enjoyable game of football. Great tempo from both sides. The Mexico players seemed to have a fantastic understanding with one another. Lots of great one touch play on the counter.

Hausen

Mexico is a completely different team compared to how they were in the qualifiers and at the confederations cup. The manager they had was horrible & he ended up getting fired. Around 6 months ago they hired this new guy and they've been playing some great football since. This Mexico should definitely not be underestimated, they have a great squad.

The reason a lot of Mexican players aren't in Europe is because their own mexican league actually has very good wages. A lot of their players decide to stay in the league simply because they'd make more than what a lot of European clubs offer.

Brazil and Mexico to make it out of the group.

Reactions: Eboue

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
this Brazil team is awful.
It's not littered with attacking talent but I think they make up for it by being a good unit. Argentina for example have got much more going forwards but they looked disjoint and all over the place in their first game whereas so far Brazil have looked cohesive, and that gives them a chance.

Sam

For a 0-0, I thought that was a cracking game. Mexico deserve a lot of credit, they defended brilliantly (Marquez:drool:) but they also looked very threatening going forward.

doodle

:mad: I missed this match. did they show Pele in the crowd watching this match?

Sam

Doesn't Fred seem like an odd name for a Brazilian?

Anyways, good tie, team Mexico. I hope you win your group.
Fred, Jo and Bernard.

Thats just not right for a Brazilian frontline. They should all be forced to change their names.

Eila

Oops I thought Thiago's was the last man in that challenge. Still could have been a red any day, but not happening to Brazil. Let's not forget who the ref was.
Just glad the ref decided to not give another dubious penalty to Marcelo, but he decided to not yellow card him.

Srpiniata

Oops I thought Thiago's was the last man in that challenge. Still could have been a red any day, but not happening to Brazil. Let's not forget who the ref was.
Just glad the ref decided to not give another dubious penalty to Marcelo, but he decided to not yellow card him.
Let alone the second gif... the first one is an straigh red for anyone but a brazilian.

Devil may care

Mexico played well, they had a number of good performers but I thought Marquez was important in them keeping their shape so well. This Brazil team is really lacking up top, I'd start Bernard and Hernanes in the next game.

Hamadovich86

For a 0-0 draw, that match was definitely exciting. Other than the Nigeria-Iran match, the matches have been very exciting and enthralling.

Mexico had the perfect tactical setup against Brazil. They double-teamed all areas of the pitch and closed down all of the dangerous spaces. The players did a great job, defensively, against Brazil, with the defenders doing an excellent job stopping the runners and passes through. On the attack, they were assured and confident in possession. dos Santos, Herrera, Guardado, and the wing backs were very good going forward. I felt that Chicharito should have come on earlier for Peralta as Mexico took too many long shots whilst the Brazilian defenders were starting to look tired.

That said, Brazil still did a great job defensively. Even with such poor defensive players, they were alright in terms of their organisation. There's no doubt that Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world, though. Dani Alves and Marcelo weren't that good defensively, and Luiz looked like he could have struggled, but Thiago Silva and Luiz Gustavo carried the Brazilian defence, particularly Thiago Silva. Paulinho was defensively poor, though. I don't know why Scolari doesn't play Hernanes instead of Paulinho. Hernanes does everything Paulinho does whilst being more defensively capable as well. On the attack, Brazil flattered to deceive. Fred was horrible and made it difficult for the other attackers to do much. Scolari had the right approach with Brazil trying to play from out wide to create space for Neymar and Paulinho's late runs, but Fred was so poor that the Mexicans were able to close down Neymar and Paulinho, and the crosses into the box were easy to deal with due to Fred's poor movement. Plus, the Mexicans being dangerous on the break meant that Paulinho wouldn't go forward that frequently.

Brazil really need to drop Fred. He's been poor so far and has been a liability for Brazil in attack. Jo's the more dynamic player, and Hernanes is more defensively apt than Paulinho, allowing for him to not have much trouble going forward and worrying about recovering his position.
Excellent analysisI completely agree with everything you said but do you think Fernandinho could've done a better job than Paulinho whio I thought was pretty shite.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Excellent analysisI completely agree with everything you said but do you think Fernandinho could've done a better job than Paulinho whio I thought was pretty shite.
I completely forgot about Fernandinho, actually. It's probably because Scolari has never played him in the past.

In theory, Fernandinho and Hernanes is the best deep midfield partnership. Fernandinho's defensively solid, whilst Hernanes is also decent defensively (Hernanes did play deeper in midfield in his younger years). Plus, Fernandinho's very good going forward (he did play as an attacking winger in his younger years) whilst Hernanes is also very good going forward. What's better about this partnership is that both are efficient with their use of the ball. Fernandinho has a good passing range, and Hernanes is a very creative player who's also good at keeping the ball in tight spaces. Finally, when Brazil need a goal, both are capable of getting a goal and maintain Brazil's attacks. The only issue is that David Luiz will be left exposed more often, so Dante will need to play instead of Luiz in this setup.

However, Scolari's rarely played Fernandinho and Dante in his teams. He's rarely changed his team in the past few years. Even his subs are predictable! Since Scolari frequently brings on Hernanes when he wants his team to keep possession in midfield and be more defensively assured, I feel like Scolari will be more likely to start Hernanes than Fernandinho in place of Paulinho. Whilst Paulinho is good at making his late runs along with getting into dangerous spaces, he's not good at dictating play in midfield. He doesn't have much playmaking ability in him, to keep it short. Hernanes is more of a playmaker than Paulinho is and ensures that Oscar isn't the only player who can unlock defences.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Fred was pretty poor which can't surprise many people and Ochoa made at least a couple of spectacular saves which I didn't know he was capable of tbh. Otherwise it was a fairly dull match overall, both sides looked happy with the draw by the end

Srpiniata

Fred was pretty poor which can't surprise many people and Ochoa made at least a couple of spectacular saves which I didn't know he was capable of tbh. Otherwise it was a fairly dull match overall, both sides looked happy with the draw by the end

Hes always been capable of great saves, what he doesnt have is consistency. Also i dont share your opinion, for me this was a very exciting match to the end, hell much better than either of the massacres that we have had so far, at least here two teams were playing.

Man-P

Were we watching the same match or you are mistaken with a different match?

Last edited:

thepolice123

Some people are going overboard with Ochoa's performance they obviously have never watched Freidel against us.

jimorrison

Some people are going overboard with Ochoa's performance they obviously have never watched Freidel against us.
this was at the world cup vs Brazil at their home with their fans. plus it earned Mexico a pivotal point to try to qualify to the next round. so CTPM ;)

Mali_Zeus

Thiago Silva is spouting some more bollocks just after the game vs us.

Now he's saying ref didnt give them a penalty cause all of the talk about a penalty against Croatia... He should be lucky he escaped with just a yellow for that challenge on Chicharito..
He's such a cu.t.

thepolice123

this was at the world cup vs Brazil at their home with their fans. plus it earned Mexico a pivotal point to try to qualify to the next round. so CTPM ;)
There one where he kept out Neymar's header was fantastic. The other two which were deemed "great" saves were hit directly at him. I know people are looking for a hero but the Mexican defenders were definitely the star of the night. It wasn't even like Brazil was raining shots on Ochoa. That's how good Mexico's pressing game was.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
United are to Friedel what sunlight is to Clark Kent. Ochoa was good but not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.