g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 6: Colombia vs Japan, Poland vs Senegal and Russia vs Egypt

PoTMS

Boring day of football with no big teams playing.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Poland vs Senegal should be good. Senegal has players like Mane, Koulibaly, Gueye, Keita Balde, Kouyate, Salif Sane etc.

alsabi

I think Senegal could be the best African team at the tournament.

izec

Will watch Colombia and Russia-Egypt.

Poland-Senegal i am not sure, maybe the second half

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not too tempted by any of those games tomorrow.
Disagree. Thought today's three would be pretty boring and so they proved (England second half had hardly anything happen before Kane goal).

Said from the start I really like the Poland-Colombia-Senegal-Japan group. Colombia probably favourites to win that group but think it's more tighter than other groups in terms of levels between the four so I reckon we'll see open games and high scoring matches. Very intrigued to see how Senegal do, they have top quality players like Koulibaly and Mane so will surely be better than likes of Nigeria and Tunisia.

Russia-Egypt will be interesting. A draw is little use for Egypt so they'll have to show far more attacking intent than first match. Interested how Russia look against that approach.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Boring day of football with no big teams playing.
Got a feeling Poland-Senegal will be high scoring. Think Poland will struggle on counter attack v Mane. Colombia were one of the best teams to watch at the last world cup and still have most of that squad around + Falcao.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Disagree. Thought today's three would be pretty boring and so they proved (England second half had hardly anything happen before Kane goal).

Said from the start I really like the Poland-Colombia-Senegal-Japan group. Colombia probably favourites to win that group but think it's more tighter than other groups in terms of levels between the four so I reckon we'll see open games and high scoring matches. Very intrigued to see how Senegal do, they have top quality players like Koulibaly and Mane so will surely be better than likes of Nigeria and Tunisia.

Russia-Egypt will be interesting. A draw is little use for Egypt so they'll have to show far more attacking intent than first match. Interested how Russia look against that approach.
Maybe you're right. I'm just having a bit of football fatigue after watching basically all of the WC so far. :D

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Come on Russia. Just win and don't injure Salah. Let him return home early and let the Egyptian vitriol against Ramos and Real Madrid last all summer. :devil:

Rojofiam

Colombia to win comfortably

Senegal to at least get a draw

Russia - Egypt to be exciting but low scoring

Cal?

CR7 fan
James to shine again, Poland to complete the non-champion Uefa undefeated streak.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Maybe you're right. I'm just having a bit of football fatigue after watching basically all of the WC so far. :D
I can understand but I would be surprised if tomorrow's three games were poorer in quality and excitement than today's three or Morocco-Iran or Costa Rica-Serbia.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Poland-Senegal should be a great game of football and Russia-Egypt is already a deciding game so it's not so bad.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Russia-Egypt has the potential to be intriguing, depending on how it goes. An early goal for Egypt would make it a potentially very interesting game.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Colombia vs Japan is the only one I'm intrigued by.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Colombia vs Japan is the only one I'm intrigued by.
Will probably be the most one sided game. Japan are on similar level to South Korea who were toothless today.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Colombia 2-1 Japan
Poland 2-2 Senegal
Russia 2-1 Egypt
These are the types of score predictions that feel 'intuitive' to fans, but very rarely happen. Nonetheless, I put a bet on this combo at 2300 odds. :D

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Will probably be the most one sided game. Japan are on similar level to South Korea who were toothless today.
Probably but I have a soft spot for Japan. They are capable of playing some great football. Though its been awhile since I've watched them play.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Probably but I have a soft spot for Japan. They are capable of playing some great football. Though its been awhile since I've watched them play.
Struggled in the qualifiers to score really so not expecting much.

Their peak was 2010, could've easily made the quarters. Honda was great at that world cup. Him, Nagatomo and Kagawa all feel past their peak now even though they're not that old.

Hansa

Don't understand those who rubbish tomorrow's games. Round 2 begins with Russia vs Egypt. After the cautious approach from some teams in the opening round, everything is now at stake. Egypt have a mountain to climb, and need to produce something extraordinary to remain in contention.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tomorrow has 3 very interesting games, not sure what some are on about. Russia vs Egypt is the all important one in that group plus with Salah back, while the other group is very tight and could go any way. Colombia will prove to be very good IMO, though itll be tight between Senegal and Poland.

Going for Colombia win, Egypt win and then draw between Poland and Senegal.

klsv

Poland - Senegal and Russia - Egypt have me totally lost with how to go about on my prediction league.

2plus2is4

Supports
Ze Germans
I'd rather watch Poland-Senegal than some David vs. Goliath games.

Last edited by a moderator: