g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 6: Colombia vs Japan, Poland vs Senegal and Russia vs Egypt

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
Deserved result for Senegal. Poland only decided to start playing in the last 10 minutes.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Senegal wasted about 15 minutes of time. How is there only 4 min of injury time:lol:

Minimalist

Side note: that ITV advert with the cock-sure England supporter is beyond cringeworthy. Who the hell approved that?:lol:

James Peril

Congrats to Senegal, deserved victory. At the same time, shame on the players for cheating the game like this. How many times did they hit the floor? 20 times? Illustrated perfectly by the guy that went down in agony, came back up after not getting anything before going on a full run before diving disgracefully.

The Firestarter

Senegal wasted about 15 minutes of time. How is there only 4 min of injury time:lol:
Because the times between throw ins, free kicks, corners, etc do not constitute a stoppage of play, like for example, treating a player on the pitch is.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
His big games for Dortmund elevated him to the top and kept him there pretty much. Especially the semi final vs Madrid. He has a decent record in the CL too so not quite flat track bully, also not sure you can blame players for not having a bit impact at international tournaments when they play for average sides.
That's why I said since he went to Bayern he has been unimpressive.

And Poland was playing Senegal ffs not Germany

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just saw that second goal. Very wierd timing to let Niang re enter play at that moment. It’s shite defending, but it’s a wierd situation.

DavidDeSchmikes

Why do itv play the same ads? I've seen that lottery postcode ad so many time......"someone's knocking on the door":mad:

Acole9

Outstanding
Side note: that ITV advert with the cock-sure England supporter is beyond cringeworthy. Who the hell approved that?:lol:
I think it's funny, just a bit tongue in cheek. Nowhere near as cringeworthy as that montage before the England match last night BBC served up. That was just self entitled nonsense.

Minimalist

I think it's funny, just a bit tongue in cheek. Nowhere near as cringeworthy as that montage before the England match last night BBC served up. That was just self entitled nonsense.
Is it though? Doesn't come across like that to me.

Actually thought the montage was impressive (how they managed all those different clips).

pjaya

if next game
Senegal vs japan ended 0-0
Poland vs Colombia ended also 0-0
Then last game
Colombia beat Senegal 2-1
And Poland beat japan 2-1

Toss of coin?

Drifter

American
ITV commentators : "But but but Lewandowski". Well done Senegal .

Beobachter

Play-acting from Senegal is annoying, but Poland really only have themselves to blame. Absolutely terrible for majority of the game. I hope Colombia and Japan advance from this group.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Congrats to Senegal, deserved victory. At the same time, shame on the players for cheating the game like this. How many times did they hit the floor? 20 times? Illustrated perfectly by the guy that went down in agony, came back up after not getting anything before going on a full run before diving disgracefully.
Tunisia did much the same last night.

Seems they’re learning all the tricks from their European and South American teachers

Bobski

Poland are constantly rubbish in these big tournaments. Stroll through qualifications with seeming ease, then become one of the worst, and dullest, teams in the actual competition.

Couple of work colleagues are going to be devastated, both by the result and by what is waiting for them tomorrow. :devil:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Excellent, Salah starts! I hope he's actually fit enough.

And well done Senegal, finally a win.

Acole9

Outstanding
Is it though? Doesn't come across like that to me.

Actually thought the montage was impressive (how they managed all those different clips).
Yeah of course it was, there's a load of those adverts they have with that guy. Just a bit humorous.

0161_UNITED

Well, well. I’ve been saying Senegal was my pick to pull a Cameroon or Ghana and I feel a bit vindicated. Over lunch today I made a bold bet (a pint) that Japan would give Columbia trouble without James, and that Senegal would beat Poland. I thought this would be the most wide open group, but my goodness, what a group this is shaping up to be. So many 2nd round matches are shaping up to be unmissable! Germany are staring down a must win match. Brilliant World Cup so far!

Acole9

Outstanding
Paddy Crerand was a pundit on a channel other than MUTV :eek:.