Day 6: Colombia vs Japan, Poland vs Senegal and Russia vs Egypt

Camilo

I'm surprised Salah is playing with such a sore shoulder. Poor, poor Salah.

0161_UNITED

Senegal already achieved that before Ghana when they made the qtrs in 02
I suspect you totally missed the point of my post, I think, which was I think they’re the African team that can excite, entertain and possibly progress in the tournament this year.

Classical Mechanic

What did I do? :nervous: You scored 2 goals in the group at last Euros. I understand a small teams scraping through, my NT will sit deep in defence against Latvia, but Poland has always been (near) top 10 in FIFA rankings, as useless as it is, still shows something. I'm sure you've done it several times but I can't remember Poland scoring more than one goal in a match at a major tournament.
Poland, among others, have gamed the friendlies system to get a better ranking and therefore higher seedings in tournaments. FIFA are changing the rules so they can’t do it anymore after this WC.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
All that pressure to get a corner and the fella can’t even beat the first man. Honestly baffles me how a professional footballer can’t clear the first man on a corner - even when watching United every week where we do it over and over again.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Horrific game this. Egypt especially are absolutely dire.

Loublaze

ATLien
I suspect you totally missed the point of my post, I think, which was I think they’re the African team that can excite, entertain and possibly progress in the tournament this year.
My bad. I agree. They played like a team unlike the other African representatives (Tunisia werent too bad).

RoyH1

Poland, among others, have gamed the friendlies system to get a better ranking and therefore higher seedings in tournaments. FIFA are changing the rules so they can’t do it anymore after this WC.
Are they really? Good for them. I’ve been ranting non stop at how FIFA’s system allows for lame rankings and seeding outcomes. Poland had no business being nr.1 in a group.

Classical Mechanic

Are they really? Good for them. I’ve been ranting non stop at how FIFA’s system allows for lame rankings and seeding outcomes. Poland had no business being nr.1 in a group.
Yeah, they used to rank using average points per game instead of total points overall so nations like Poland and Wales would play few friendlies or ones against crap teams. Wales once didn’t play a friendly for 17 months and got in the top ten FIFA ranking!

England were actually the worst affected team under the old system. Under the system to be implemented we would have been pot one if it was in place for this WC. We play a lot of friendlies but most of them are against elite nations so the average point total is badly affected.

el3mel

They sure as hell studied us well. They knew that we're weak at crossing, so decided to try more crosses than Moyes tried against Fulham. We're gonna lose by one of these no doubt.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
One more half to get through. Come on Russia hurry up and score so Salah isn't played in the final game and he can come home!!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's from Brazil, but has played in Russia since 2012. Never gonna get a call up for Brazil so might as well get a international career.
He actually played for Brazil a couple of times.

edit: he was called up a couple of times and played in 1 game, my bad

el3mel

Main problem is possession. We can't keep possession of the ball for 2 straight minutes without losing it under pressure. Poor midfield performance from everyone including Nenny.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Egypt really are rubbish but they started to play a little better in that second half. Hope they can nick it as I like them.

Canagel

Egypt can't score a goal to save their lives. I think they might end up being the only team to not score in the WC if this continues.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
He actually played for Brazil a couple of times.

edit: he was called up a couple of times and played in 1 game, my bad
Two things. I had no idea he actually had a game for them or that he was called up a couple of times.
And I meant he was never gonna get game-time for Brazil from now and onwards even if he was available. :p