Day 6: Colombia vs Japan, Poland vs Senegal and Russia vs Egypt

klsv

Would be happy to see Colombia sending Poland home. Always so painful to watch at tournaments after they trash San Marino and Moldova in the qualifiers.

Darnswism

Supports
LOSC Lille
if next game
Senegal vs japan ended 0-0
Poland vs Colombia ended also 0-0
Then last game
Colombia beat Senegal 2-1
And Poland beat japan 2-1

Toss of coin?
No, fair play points (red cards and yellow cards). Then, a decision by a FIFA Committee I think.

RedDevil@84

What was the controversy on the 2nd goal? Did the player come back without ref's permission?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How was the Senegal match? Just got in from work. So happy they won!!

Also a bit more excited about Egypt vs Russia after finding they've never faced each other before.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
M.Salah will be bullied out of the game within 20 minutes against these Russians

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Just saw that second goal. Very wierd timing to let Niang re enter play at that moment. It’s shite defending, but it’s a wierd situation.
Basically 1 in a thousand goal. Hard to see how Senegal deserved the win, two of the jammiest goals you're likely to see. Piss poor attacking wise with Mane being the worst of the big players out there so far.

Pity we were a shambles, though. A goal-less draw would've been fair.

If I had a bit more distance I'd laugh at that referee's decision to let Niang enter the pitch.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

I didn't think Senegal were much better than Poland, they barely created anything all game.More often than not that was the kind of game that would end in a dull 0-0.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The ref let the player back on when Poland had the ball in the middle of the pitch, nothing wrong with that. It's not his fault the players fecked up.

Tomuś

Would be happy to see Colombia sending Poland home. Always so painful to watch at tournaments after they trash San Marino and Moldova in the qualifiers.
See what you did there:) and it worked.

Still, just for clarity, you do realise we played some of the best counter-attacking football in the last Euro and were a deflected Sanches goal away from reaching semis (with Wales awaiting)? At least stick to facts pal.

klsv

See what you did there:) and it worked.

Still, just for clarity, you do realise we played some of the best counter-attacking football in the last Euro and were a deflected Sanches goal away from reaching semis (with Wales awaiting)? At least stick to facts pal.
What did I do? :nervous: You scored 2 goals in the group at last Euros. I understand a small teams scraping through, my NT will sit deep in defence against Latvia, but Poland has always been (near) top 10 in FIFA rankings, as useless as it is, still shows something. I'm sure you've done it several times but I can't remember Poland scoring more than one goal in a match at a major tournament.

Red Stone

That one girl in front of the Egyptian dude looked like she'd rather be anywhere else.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Poland are constantly rubbish in these big tournaments. Stroll through qualifications with seeming ease, then become one of the worst, and dullest, teams in the actual competition.

Couple of work colleagues are going to be devastated, both by the result and by what is waiting for them tomorrow. :devil:
It’s not really true. We didn’t have to qualify for Euro 2012 as a host and were predictably crap, we didn’t qualify for the last World Cup and were quite good and entertaining at the last Euro.

The pre-2010 teams were just rubbish.

Tomuś

What did I do? :nervous: You scored 2 goals in the group at last Euros. I understand a small teams scraping through, my NT will sit deep in defence against Latvia, but Poland has always been (near) top 10 in FIFA rankings, as useless as it is, still shows something. I'm sure you've done it several times but I can't remember Poland scoring more than one goal in a match at a major tournament.
Maybe because in the last 30 odd years it's only 3/4 years since we've become any good. Today we bottled it.

Loublaze

ATLien
Tunisia did much the same last night.

Seems they’re learning all the tricks from their European and South American teachers
Both countries have always been the same. The North African countries all do this and Tunisia have always been the worst. Senegal are the worst in West Africa for it

Loublaze

ATLien
Well, well. I’ve been saying Senegal was my pick to pull a Cameroon or Ghana and I feel a bit vindicated. Over lunch today I made a bold bet (a pint) that Japan would give Columbia trouble without James, and that Senegal would beat Poland. I thought this would be the most wide open group, but my goodness, what a group this is shaping up to be. So many 2nd round matches are shaping up to be unmissable! Germany are staring down a must win match. Brilliant World Cup so far!
Senegal already achieved that before Ghana when they made the qtrs in 02

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Seems like a very loud atmosphere here

Golovin has started bright again he looks dangerous.

Alabaster Codify7

Colombia off to a complete shocker, jesus.

Senegal, quite the opposite. Definitely the best African entry, good win.....I still don't understand though how some media were listing Poland as a 'dark horse'. They're rubbish and have been rubbish for quite some time.

All Russia, here! Surprised by how fiery they've started, home fans are really rallying them on. I'll say 1-2 Egypt.

Bole Top

I have nothing against Poland, but after you see them trying to play football, you can only hope they get eliminated as soon as possible so you don't hate to experience that again. pure torture.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Egypt are poor, no idea how Salah managed to drag them to this WC.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So far Zhirkov is handling Salah almost as well as Young did. :lol:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Salah looks like he's still a bit anxious about his shoulder to me. Rest of the team looking a bit poor and nervous as well.

Then again, Egypt tend to be quite a cagey team under Cuper.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Salah looks like he's still a bit anxious about his shoulder to me. Rest of the team looking a bit poor and nervous as well.

Then again, Egypt tend to be quite a cagey team under Cuper.
That or Zhirkov is just bullying him like Young did.