Day 6: Colombia vs Japan, Poland vs Senegal and Russia vs Egypt

James Peril

Poland the biggest disappointment of the cup so far, together with Germany of course. Don’t think I’ve ever seen so many misplaced passes or poorly weighted long balls ever. Senegal also ruining the game by faking injuries every fifth minute.. at least this referee just told the player to get up. Surprise surprise, now the same player goes on a run 10 seconds after getting up looking like a sprinter. Travesty - he dived for a penalty as well, should be ashamed.

Acole9

Outstanding
Excellent refereeing, the play acting in this tournament has got to stop, it's spoiling it.

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
Either a peno or a yellow for simulation. Pathetic refereeing.

TsuWave

that ismaila dive. ref should've shown a yellow.

tbf from the first angle i thought it was a pen

DavidDeSchmikes

Senegal players lays down injured, no one pays attention to him, ref tells him to get up, said player makes a miraclous recover, then tries to win a penalty

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
Excellent refereeing, the play acting in this tournament has got to stop, it's spoiling it.
If it’s a dive, which on replay it looks like, he absolutely has to book the Senegal player.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They will waste all of the remaining minutes anyway.

Hansa

Get your stopwatches out, and see how much football we'll get in the last 3 + injury time.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Now I know Lewandowski is undoubtedly a great player but I do watch limited Bundesliga and given his performances in the latter rounds in CL football, Euro 2016 is he somewhat of a flat track bully or a choker? I've really seen him criticized in that regard but with the exception of that epic display against Madrid (for Dortmund) I can't remember too many big stage performances for him outside of Bundesliga.
I just made that point in another thread.

Personally I am at the point where I think he is the most overrated striker of this generation who disappears in every WC, Euros finals for Poland. Since he went to Bayern I only notice him against the minnows and never in Bayern's big games. Maybe I just miss his big moments but he is like the striker version of Oezil as far I see

el3mel

All goals conceded by African teams so far came from set pieces, though. Ridiculous.

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
Great job by the keeper there to grab and hold that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I just made that point in another thread.

Personally I am at the point where I think he is the most overrated striker of this generation who disappears in every WC, Euros finals for Poland. Since he went to Bayern I only notice him against the minnows and never in Bayern's big games. Maybe I just miss his big moments but he is like the striker version of Oezil as far I see
His big games for Dortmund elevated him to the top and kept him there pretty much. Especially the semi final vs Madrid. He has a decent record in the CL too so not quite flat track bully, also not sure you can blame players for not having a bit impact at international tournaments when they play for average sides.