Day 6: Colombia vs Japan, Poland vs Senegal and Russia vs Egypt

Houdini

Poland is pretty disappointing. Poor performance. Milik is very weak. It is all about Lewa but he can't do it alone.

Nick7

When the ref waved him on, I don't think he could predict that Poland would essentally create a chance for him.
Yeah ref waved him on while the ball was miles up in the air before the Senegalese defender headed it. Impossible to put any blame on the ref.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
How did Lewandowsky scored 16 goals in the qualifiers with this lot around him? They look so disjointed all over the pitch. :wenger:

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
Yeah ref waved him on while the ball was miles up in the air before the Senegalese defender headed it. Impossible to put any blame on the ref.
Agreed. Yet somehow the American commentators are finding a way to.

Dansk

This World Cup is just a circus. None of the games go as expected, the favourites always seem to struggle against severe underdogs.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
It's much, much worse. England - Tunisia: 49 minutes. Morocco - Iran is at the bottom, with 46 minutes football played.
A great argument for those suggesting football games should be set to 60 minutes which only counts down when the ball is in play. We’d get a lot more football anyway, that’s for sure.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nothing wrong with when the ref waved him on. Nobody could predict krychowiak would attempt an awful back pass from there....
Poland have been really bad anyway. No creativity or pace whatsoever.

Nick7

I don't think he should have waved him on with the ball in that area of play
What are you talking about? The ref waved him on just after the Polish player booted it into the air and before the Senegalese player headed it.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Poland are playing like the winning side. So slow in the build up.

klsv

This World Cup is just a circus. None of the games go as expected, the favourites always seem to struggle against severe underdogs.
Wouldn't say Senegal were severe underdogs in this one.

Hansa

A great argument for those suggesting football games should be set to 60 minutes which only counts down when the ball is in play. We’d get a lot more football anyway, that’s for sure.
It would probably be the most radical change ever made in football, but timekeeping is a pet peeve of mine, so I'd gladly see it being tried in a major league for a season.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wouldn’t you be? They’ll be campaigning for them to stay in Siberia after this is over
No, I wouldn't whistle my own team after 60 minutes in the opening match of the world cup. Especially not if I'm from a mid tier football country like Poland.

pjaya

Next group H match will be good
Japan vs Senegal whoever win next round
Poland vs Colombia whoever lose out

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'Ve been in favour of that for a while. I don't think it'll come soon though. First they will have to finalize the implementations and adjustments to VAR then, after a few years I hope they will be looking into this. One step at a time.

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
Really impressed with the work rate and desire shown by the Senegal players. They have quite a bit of quality in the squad too, including on the bench. If they do make it out of the group, which obviously now looks very likely, they will be a very tough out and not a side you’d fancy facing.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Would love a gif of the goals, especially the second. Can't watch the game from work :(

Inter Yer Nan

Now I know Lewandowski is undoubtedly a great player but I do watch limited Bundesliga and given his performances in the latter rounds in CL football, Euro 2016 is he somewhat of a flat track bully or a choker? I've really seen him criticized in that regard but with the exception of that epic display against Madrid (for Dortmund) I can't remember too many big stage performances for him outside of Bundesliga.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They really have taken time wasting to another level. We wouldn’t have scored shit anyway but it’s a bit pathetic.