Day 6: Colombia vs Japan, Poland vs Senegal and Russia vs Egypt

Red Stone

Schnesczcny hasn't changed. Juventus are fecked if they're going to rely on him as their first choice next season.

rollingstoned1

Won't that be abused by the losing team to save time ?
I think that can be legislated for quite easily. Id be surprised if We are getting 70 minutes of proper play in a football match at present and it would take diving and play acting out of the equation.

marktan

Sarr looks like he could become very good. Has a very good dribbling style, ball sticks to his feet in a similar way to Osmane Dembele.

el3mel

I think that can be legislated for quite easily. Id be surprised if We are getting 70 minutes of proper play in a football match at present and it would take diving and play acting out of the equation.
Time will always get abused, if it keeps running despite play stopped, it'll be abused by the winning team, and if you stop it each time the play stops, it'll be abused by the losing one. It can't be helped.

Better solution is to not treat anyone on the football pitch. Each time one gets down, treat him outside the pitch immediately.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This result isn't really surprising me.

Quite surprised the bookies has this prices at Poland 11/0 and Senegal 11/5 to win.

Poland not as strong as two years ago. Glik injured who's their best defender and Krychowiak has had an awful time at club level last two seasons. Two very important players for Poland.

Senegal are pretty decent, certainly far better level than Tunisia. They are Africa's number one team.

James Peril

Seriously there is zero understanding between the Polish front line and midfielders :lol:
Very strange, since they were quite good during the qualifiers. Senegal are beating Poland because they are so much faster and quicker in everything they do, just goes to show how important pace is in modern football.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can see why Poland are angry.

Niang should not have been allowed back on at that point. They had no chance of picking up his run.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Are the Polish fans whistleing against their own team?

Hansa

Id be surprised if We are getting 70 minutes of proper play in a football match at present
It's much, much worse. England - Tunisia: 49 minutes. Morocco - Iran is at the bottom, with 46 minutes football played.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
This Polish side always finds a way to disappoint.

Lewandowski is always great in the qualifiers but disappears when the final tournament starts

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Very strange, since they were quite good during the qualifiers. Senegal are beating Poland because they are so much faster and quicker in everything they do, just goes to show how important pace is in modern football.
Pace is important but there is still need for an understanding between when to run and pass

RoyH1

Stupid FIFA rankings and seeding system are full of flaws and can be manipulated by teams. I’ve been saying it since the day I saw Poland was in the number one pot.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Guardian:

'It seems the ref had waved him back on and after that it was just tough luck on Poland, who only have themselves to blame for that defensive calamity.'

Hansa

Can see why Poland are angry.

Niang should not have been allowed back on at that point. They had no chance of picking up his run.
When the ref waved him on, I don't think he could predict that Poland would essentally create a chance for him.