Day 6: Wales vs Iran | Qatar vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Ecuador | England vs USA

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hoping for a better performance from Iran. Wales will probably will by a couple of goals though

Spark

Honestly think it’s impossible for Iran to play under the psychological pressure they’re under.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Bale just gave the Iranian captain a bucket hat along with the pendant.

Classic :lol: :lol:

PoTMS

Wales nearly took a normal squad photo. Bale realised and quickly ruined it.

Kopral Jono

They'll get another spanking.
The way I see it they’ll either get something or get spanked. Iran are up there with Japan in Asia but current events are understandably playing in the back of their collective minds.

Sylar

Iran look better today so far. They look like they can put some passes together and have a bit more energy

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Are there close relations between these two countries? Same rare flag combo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Iran looking much better already today

PoTMS

How old is Taremi? I wouldn't mind seeing him at United. Already got 2 goals in the World Cup against a strong England side and looks quality the times I've seen him play for Porto in the Champions League.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I work with someone from Iran who despises the current regime and apparently most people protesting the government are vehemently against the team? So, feck 'em.

RoyH1

When I mentioned dull I was also referring to their outdated tactical setup and lack of cutting edge in their play. I don't think it's controversial to put Mexico, Poland, Wales (with retirement Bale), USA, Saudi Arabia and Iran below Senegal (AFCON champs) based on what little I've seen over the past year. Ecuador's football was also surprisingly cohesive and fluid, albeit against a very poor Qatar.

Like I said, today's matches will give us a clearer picture and I'll be happy to change my view.
We'll have to agree to disagree then.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Iran are rubbish, it just so happens that Wales are too.