g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 7: Portugal vs Morocco, Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia and Iran vs Spain

Duafc

Village Lemon
Martin's is a poor mans Danny Welbeck.

Shit touch and a spinning top, no idea about whats around him.

RetroStu

I think its worth remembering that Morocco are out if they lose, its not the same position for Portugal if they lost. Plus Portugal took the lead after 4 mins.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Is the Wolverhampton midfielder not better than William Carvalho?
Portugal needs to sell their players, and Neves is getting views on the Premier League next season. Quality isn't as important as they'll rely on Ronaldo to get anywhere anyway. :D
i jest of cours

Anustart89

All that hype for Ziyech. I’ve been saying for years, the guy is Eredivisie level. He will go the route of Davy Klaassen en Brian Ruiz. As we say in Holland: “Te klein voor het tafellaken, te groot voor het servet”
Ah, similar to the Swedish expression "Varför i helvete skriver man ett uttryck på sitt modersmål utan att översätta det, vad fan är poängen med det"

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Are Morocco going to manage to look like a group winning team and finish with zero points at the same time?

Hamnat

Seriously this Portuguese midfield is utterly sloppy. They time after time cannot string the passes together the few times the get possession for a meaningful attack. At the beginning of the game you would have felt like Ronaldo was set to be on fire once again. But its been completely drained because Morocco keep breaking up every single attempt for Portuguese possession

VanGaalyTime

I think I might just give up on trying to predict international football and focus on the lottery because it's far easier to predict 7 random numbers than predict internationals. None of the big players seem to do what they should and anyone can do anything at any time. It's all completely random.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Just worked out on my WC route map that if Portugal/Spain top their group they will have played in a total of just 3 different stadiums. 4 times in moscow, twice in Sochi, once in Kazan/Saransk.

Compare to England IF they were to get to final from topping their group a total of 7 seven different stadiums/cities. What a journey that would be.

el3mel

Morocco have really done well this second half. Portugal are shocking but they're still winning though.

Fer

Gelson actually trying to take people on and create some space which is good to see.

This Portugal team doesn't really have much about it though in midfield or defence. A team with more attacking quality than Morocco and Portugal would've been punished.
Martins is fast and skillful but he is inconsistent, and sometimes his decision making is not the best... He is still 23, so there's a lot of room to improve.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Big fan of William Carvalho, he keeps it simple and never wastes a ball. The midfielders joining him need to be far more creative though.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Ronaldo might as well be playing with the keeper and 9 rubber ducks
I said that during the first game and someone said they're playing against Spain.

He's playing with 9 potato bags. Doesn't matter if you're playing Spain or Morocco, these guys can't string 2 passes together.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
This ref gives us absolutely nothing, this is ridiculous

How the feck is that not a second yellow on Benatia...

R'hllor

Portugal`s LB went full Ivanovic and here i tho that wont see anything like it ever again.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Ronaldo's attempt (I think?) at a dive there.:lol:

Deleted member 101472

Feck off with the diving ronaldo, that’s embarrassing.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
There was a knee contact, but never a pen.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I don't think Evra did much of anything wrong at all, so I don't think it explains that in any way.

And in terms of people being touchy... More people enter the thread to say she's shit (for various reasons) than people seeking to praise her or pull people up on their criticism.

Clearly touchiness exists on both sides of the coin.

Good point !