Day 7: Portugal vs Morocco, Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia and Iran vs Spain

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What was that footage then? Looked like they’d hacked into someone’s phone in the crowd :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Portugal were far better vs Spain. Both defensively and on the break... and in possession. Very sloppy and 2nd best all over the pitch today, though its somewhat understandable as Morocco have to give it their absolute all while a draw wouldnt be the end of the world for Portugal and still leave it in their own hands.

AshRK

Been finding B. SILVA to be very limited and overrated. He has been lucky city have kdb and real Silva, otherwise he would have been called out more often for being mediocre.

Lennon7

Remember when CAF went into a meltdown after City signed B.Silva last summer? :lol:

Portuguese Juan Mata, except Mata is more productive than him.
He’s still an excellent player.

el3mel

B.Silva was really a good player when he moved to City. Bench really ruined him but it's Pep so gets a free pass from everyone.

Lennon7

How’s that not a foul?! Referees in general have been shite this World Cup, and have been saved by VAR.

DRM

Well he scored 9 goals for City last year despite being on the bench a lot. That's been his usual tally for Monaco.

Anustart89

Ref pointing to the ball :lol: So you can completely wipe out a player as long as the ball falls to one of your teammates next? :lol:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This is frustrating. Morocco deserve to be level but they aren’t getting enough men in the box. Will be a really interesting last 25.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Bernardo Silva has been disappointing. Guedes not so much because he's showing to be the player I expected, despite having a good season at Valencia. He's a hardworking winger / support striker with decent ability, wont improve from there.

Ahsan_6386

I am curious as to what exact role does Joao Mario play in the Portugal midfield . The game seems to pass by him and he is either chasing a Morocco player or fouling one .

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
How is that a foul... this ref has been terrible.

They foul us at the start of every counter yet he’s warning our players

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Don’t tell me why I don’t like it. Some people!

I’ve already said that the content is ok but it’s her screeching voice I didn’t like.

I’m sorry that my ears don’t like it, I must change.
You continue telling people what they must and do think though. Great job
You were clear in saying you don't like her voice. Others have said she sounds like she's never commentated on a match before (i.e. intimating she doesn't know what she's talking about or even openly stating that she doesn't have a clue). I wasn't referring to those that simply don't like her voice, I don't like it either, that's fine because it's subjective.

I'm not telling you what to do, at all.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why do the Moroccans insist on spending this much time in the Portuguese final third when they know its preventing Ronnie from scoring a few more goals.

maniwin

Portugal team are shite at attacking. Ronaldo is carrying them

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
All that hype for Ziyech. I’ve been saying for years, the guy is Eredivisie level. He will go the route of Davy Klaassen en Brian Ruiz. As we say in Holland: “Te klein voor het tafellaken, te groot voor het servet”

Ahsan_6386

Seeing the state of Portugal's midfield and defence I think Messi would have retired by full time . :lol:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
To be fair she reminds me of Adrian Chiles who also grates on me. We're all entitled to an opinion. Everything doesn't have to be forced upon us. Just because she is female doesn't absolve her of criticism.
Not saying it does absolve her of criticism. Her voice (and Chiles' too) grates on me. It's absolutely fine to say she has a terrible voice.

IMO (and I'm fully aware it's an opinion) she's commentated well despite her voice, she knows what she's talking about and has actually been better than a lot of the male commentators I've heard with her analysis.

If people wanna say she's shite at her job then I wanna know what she could be doing better that makes her so shite and that's the problem.

marktan

I am curious as to what exact role does Joao Mario play in the Portugal midfield . The game seems to pass by him and he is either chasing a Morocco player or fouling one .
He's a nothing player. Never seen him do anything good with the ball.

RetroStu

Portugal really are the perfect example of why buying Ronaldo would be perfect for us (if it was possible, and it probably isnt). Portugal play shit but Ronaldo drags them through games, and even has them winning cups.

Hoof the ball

Who can explain Ruben Neves omission from this squad? It’s not as if Fernandes, Joao Mario and William carvalho are particularly technical or creative. Is it any wonder they can’t retain the ball? For the life of me, I do not see how having Neves come off the bench could be worse than this?

diarm

I feel like Portugal could have lined up with just Ronaldo and Rui Patricio against this Morocco side and the score would still be the same.

James Peril

Poor game, two tight teams fighting for the same hopeless balls over and over. Morocco have a lot of energy, very little skill.

marktan

Gelson actually trying to take people on and create some space which is good to see.

This Portugal team doesn't really have much about it though in midfield or defence. A team with more attacking quality than Morocco and Portugal would've been punished.