Day 8: Sweden vs Slovakia | Croatia vs Czech Republic | England vs Scotland

Irrational.

Southgate is the Ole of international managers. Not tactically astute, picks his favourites game after game even if they're shite and makes subs far too late.

EDIT: Autocorrect. :mad:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
No idea why the FA hasn't just dropped a blank check on his desk. He would do absolute wonders with this generation of players, you would have a genuine fighting chance in tournaments...
Ten years ago he would, yeah. The guy is 71 years old, not gonna come back to be a NT's manager anymore I'm afraid.

El Zoido

Feel like people got overhyped about a good 20 minute spell against Croatia. This England team is getting run over in the middle of the park, they can’t control the flow of the game well enough to truly take advantage of their offensive weapons.
No fans here got overhyped. Everyone said it was a poor performance and that the lineup should change, and we knew Southgate would take the wrong message and pick the same forwards. They were even worse.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What's England path if it finishes 2nd, can't quite believe it will be like 2018 with what will be in knock outs.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Insulting another member
Very disappointing from England.

Scotland embarrassing themselves a bit with the celebrations at the end, I thought. One point and need to beat Croatia to stand a chance of getting through but hugging each other like they'd just topped the group.
First point in a tournament in 23 years you arrogant bellend.

Get it round you.

TrustInOle

Other than Sterling grabbing his goal against Croatia, him and Kane have been diabolical so far, hardly ever involved in the play and when they do, they have managed to fumble it regardless. Kane constantly wants to drop deep or sit at the back post whilst Sterling wanted to play as a striker on the left and when he switched to the right, gave us absolutely no width.

At this point I'd rather trust the younger guys but with Southgate, that's never going to happen. We will get punished by the first decent team we play against playing like this. Almost like United but we eventually switch it on.

Fair play to Scotland but we didn't really test the defensively which I the worry.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

MU655

The way he was getting bigged up in here for the first 60 mins, it was inevitable that he'd be shit.
What options did he have? None. Nobody was making runs or showing any attacking intent.

Most of the time we kept going down the right, anyway.

At least Grealish beat some players and showed some attacking intent.

RedDevilRoshi

Sorry but GIRFUY!!!

5-0 England
6-0 England

These were some of the predictions on here and elsewhere. A total lack of respect as if we were San Marino or some sort of clueless minnow that were going to get our arses handed out to them very easily and embarrassed worldwide.

Andersons Dietician

I don't know why Scotland are celebrating. They're basically out now. Now way they win vs Croatia.
People said they’d get slaughtered by England but England were lucky to get a point out of the game soooo…. Who knows. We do have a history of beating far better teams than us when needed.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What's England path if it finishes 2nd, can't quite believe it will be like 2018 with what will be in knock outs.
Probably Sweden/Poland/Slovakia, then France/Portugal in the QFs. Basically you'd avoid the 2nd of group F to play the 1st of group F a round later, so it'd be a "win" for England if they managed to get second.

Have to play in Copenhagen instead of Wembley though in the Round of 16.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I think Southgate is trying to finish second in the group to avoid playing France/Germany/Portugal in the next round, it worked for him in the World Cup 3 years ago. Almost got to a WC final

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Look at the value of their squad compared with England. Solid result for them.
7 of 11 of their team play in the prem and they had as many Champions League winners in their starting XI as England did!

That draw leaves them bottom of the group.

With that performance from England a draw is a bad result for Scotland.

sleepehead

I don't even see what the plan for this match. Sterling, Mount, and Foden shouldn't even be starting they provide nothing to the attack. They provide no service to the strikers. Mount and Foden are definitely proving their lack of experience. And Sterling outside of the first match looks exactly as he did the whole year. The fullbacks provide more creativity than the midfield. Honestly disappointing that Southgate has Sancho, Grealish, and Rashford sitting in the bench who are all proven to score and assist more than today's starters. Also why is Rashford being used as a striker when he doesn't even play that for us, he's not a striker why continue to play him there when you have one on the bench.

Delano

Atrocious that, played well for around 15 minutes across the two games. Coming home delayed again...

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Southgate is the Ole of international managers. Not tactically astute, picks his favourites game after game even if they're white and makes subs far too late.
Wait, what?

Ole might look like an amateur even after 10 years but even he has a trophy. Southgate has nothing, not even a personality.

Schmeichel=God

From what I watched the worst performance was Sterling.

England too slow to every pass, every decision in attack. Mount also despite some positives.

Half way through the game it was that bad I thought well at least I'm not watching Rashford run into 15 brick walls...but come 60 mins he was all I thought could make a difference.

As it happens I think Calvert Lewin needs a chance and next game should be Sancho and Grealish starting.

One thing I'm continuing to notice with England and Southgates approach, going all the way back to the World Cup and the back 3 formation, is the chasm in midfield. If he continues to play like that we'll get slaughtered in possession again and struggle with outballs.

Anyway, "we"...nah, only belongs to United that term. They, they'll.."get slaughtered..."

And on that note..I'm surprised to see the strength of feeling in here at that loss, sorry draw. One would think we were in the Utd match day thread :D

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What about QF and semi final?
IF we finish second
QFs: is winner of Group F (France) vs one of the 3rd place teams
SFs: would be one of Italy or Belgium/group of death third place

so yeah…

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It was a very good game and people who didn’t watch it will say bullshit about 0-0 and stuff, but I think Scots have nothing to be ashamed of and England looked good. Solid match
Blimey, you're easily pleased. England played like trash.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Surprised Southgate took Foden off, he looked one of England's better players. Not a bad point for England although an incredibly boring performance from them. Scotland need to win the last game but I am not sure the goals will come from.