De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I think David will stay for a few more years yet, The only reason I could see him wanting to go back to Spain in the near future is the fact that his girlfriend Edurne still lives there and refuses to move to Manchester, That could end up be a problem for us.
well I have just looked up Edurne Garcia and I can say that if I had the opportunity to live in Manchester earning say 120k a week or go to madrid and perhaps only be on £110k per week but would have Ms Garcia happy and on hand to show me just how happy she was I'd be handing in a transfer request, going on strike and pissing on van gaals dinner to push the move through

Natener

Not too fussed with the speculation. DDG seems to be comfortable where he is at the moment. There's no rumors of unhappiness from him, his girl or anyone close to him. In fact, saw a recent interview by him recently (MUTV?) and his english is getting very good, which I think at least suggests he's settling well in the english environment. Anyone saw his celebration at the final whistle of the Everton game? He enjoyed it as much as any fan. Maybe I'm being optimistic and just pointing all the positives but as far as I'm concern, so long as we pay him his dues financially I'm sure he will be staying for a long while. Oh, and keep the donuts coming his way please.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think David will stay for a few more years yet, The only reason I could see him wanting to go back to Spain in the near future is the fact that his girlfriend Edurne still lives there and refuses to move to Manchester, That could end up be a problem for us.
The mancunian caftards have a mission, find a nice british girl for our dave.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I remember him saying after Rio Ferdinand's testimonial (and quite probably a little jokingly) "Only 8 years to go until mine".

I dig that. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Magnus

Another mad swede
If he wants to go there is no way we can keep him, but I think he is very much enjoying his Manchester United career and will be here for many years to come. As for this girlfriend shit refusing to move to Manc shouldn´t be a problem. She can fly there whenever she wants. I only see my girl at the weekends or holidays due to work and that´s quite enough:)

ZDwyr

Twitter seems to be abuzz with comments that he is re-signing soon. Cannot wait until it is official. Very important bit of business.

vidal7

Twitter seems to be abuzz with comments that he is re-signing soon. Cannot wait until it is official. Very important bit of business.
Yeah seen the same on twitter, 5 years and 150k/week. If he fulfills his potential, that would be peanuts.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Signing a new contract just means we get a good fee for him. It doesn't prevent him from leaving if he really wants to.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Signing a new contract just means we get a good fee for him. It doesn't prevent him from leaving if he really wants to.
If he signs it's most probably because he wants to stay for a long time. This attitude gets on my tits tbh, and yes I'm fully aware the lure the two big spanish have but, we're not exactly just a random club ourselves.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
As soon as he arrived I always expected him to go back to Spain when he reached this level. La Liga might not be quite the dominant force it was a couple of years ago but it would be impossible to blame him for wanting to return to his home country.

Every season we get to keep him is a victory.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
For once, can we stop this mentality of bending over backwards for the likes of Madrid ffs.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
If he signs it's most probably because he wants to stay for a long time. This attitude gets on my tits tbh, and yes I'm fully aware the lure the two big spanish have but, we're not exactly just a random club ourselves.
I'm not saying he's definitely going. I'm saying that players signing a new contract doesnt mean they're staying. It allows the club to get a good fee and the player can demand more wages at their new club. E.g. Ronaldo, Bale, Shaw.

Trizy

Let's make him the most expensive keeper in the history of football.
Tell Madrid 180Million pounds straight cash plus Estadio Santiago Bernabéu.
Direct swap for Bale and Modric.. we can sign Cech then.

NK86

I'm not saying he's definitely going. I'm saying that players signing a new contract doesnt mean they're staying. It allows the club to get a good fee and the player can demand more wages at their new club. E.g. Ronaldo, Bale, Shaw.
How can players demand more pay if their fees itself gets too big. If the player is as good as Ronaldo, he will obviously command excellent wages. But most players run.down their.contracts to make sure they are paid well by their new club.

El Zoido

He really seems to love it here, I would be shocked if he tried to leave. A new contract is just a matter of course, he well deserves it too.

The Purley King

In a couple of years time it'll be between DDG and Courtois for the best goalie in the world.
Tie him in for another 5 years now and if he really does want to go to Barca or Madrid at least they'll have to pay top dollar. It would be great if he stays for 10+ years, but I get the feeling he'll want to go back home in a couple of years time - and I wouldn't really begrudge him that tbh.

NK86

In a couple of years time it'll be between DDG and Courtois for the best goalie in the world.
Tie him in for another 5 years now and if he really does want to go to Barca or Madrid at least they'll have to pay top dollar. It would be great if he stays for 10+ years, but I get the feeling he'll want to go back home in a couple of years time - and I wouldn't really begrudge him that tbh.
I.don't feel that way. I think he will stay for at least another good few years before he considers going.back to Spain. Hopefully it will.be back to atletico Madrid and when he is in 30s.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I literally can't understand the volume of people thinking he'll piss of to Madrid sometime soon, as long as he is playing regularly and playing well, I cant see anything other than a lifer. At worst I think he'll maybe return to space in his 30s.

Redo91

That's that, then. As we all know, players tend to just blurt out the truth on these matters.

Not that I really think he's off.
I never said that I thought that was that did I? Until he signs a new deal (which personally I think is only a matter of time) the matter won't be closed. In any case I can see him staying here for the foreseeable future but at the same time I wont rest easy until he signs a new deal.

Eriku

I never said that I thought that was that did I? Until he signs a new deal (which personally I think is only a matter of time) the matter won't be closed. In any case I can see him staying here for the foreseeable future but at the same time I wont rest easy until he signs a new deal.
Nah, I just saw a very pleased smiley. Far be it from me to speculate on whether that was jokey, encouraging to you, or what have you. Was just giving my two cents on such statements being tweeted as if they meant something.

Gannicus

David De Gea Quintana (yes, his full name ends with Quintana) will sign a new deal, but I seriously doubt he will see out the end of his career with United. Let's hope we can keep him for another 4-5 seasons, more than enough time for us to lift a CL trophy...or at least secure fourth place in the league.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich

:drool:
I really hope David de Gea will stay at Manchester United, because I don't want that Real Madrid mob to get an easy world-class solution for the next decade. However, history shows us that 'I'm happy' doesn't really mean much in today's football business. Although DdG seems like a straightforward lad who is thankful to SAF that the club gave him the time to improve when he joined from Atlético.

Redo91

Nah, I just saw a very pleased smiley. Far be it from me to speculate on whether that was jokey, encouraging to you, or what have you. Was just giving my two cents on such statements being tweeted as if they meant something.
Well surely it's a positive that he has dismissed the speculation? Would rather that than if he stayed silent or said that he was open to the idea of moving. I know what players say in public does not always represent the truth (see Ronaldo when he said he was happy to stay and a few weeks later he was of to Real) but I have no reason to believe that De Gea isn't telling the truth.

Eriku

Well surely it's a positive that he has dismissed the speculation? Would rather that than if he stayed silent or said that he was open to the idea of moving. I know what players say in public does not always represent the truth (see Ronaldo when he said he was happy to stay and a few weeks later he was of to Real) but I have no reason to believe that De Gea isn't telling the truth.
I guess I prefer it to silence, but like you said, the only thing that stops rumours properly is a signed contract.

I was just making a quip, and as you said, we regularly see such statements contradicted by action. Anyway, no biggy, mate.

Moriarty

"Hello Sepp, it's Florentino".
"How's things?"
"Not so bad. Listen, remember that bit you did for us a couple of years ago about slavery?"
"Sure, I'm still counting the 100 Euro notes as we speak".
"Any chance of a repeat performance with young De Gea?"
"No problem. Have you got Marca on board yet?"
"Piece of cake. I'll have the editor call you then?"
"Right-ho. Usual fee. Brown envelope, and used notes".
"Adios".

Redo91

I guess I prefer it to silence, but like you said, the only thing that stops rumours properly is a signed contract.

I was just making a quip, and as you said, we regularly see such statements contradicted by action. Anyway, no biggy, mate.
Ya no harm done. Fingers crossed De Gea signs that extension soon so this thread can be closed for the next few years at least!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If we all agree that DDG is going to be one of the very best Gk's in the world then (logically) he should want to play for one of the best teams in the world (i.e. a team that is challenging and will win the CL)

Right now we're miles from being in that position so I'm not really sure why anyone thinks he'll be here long term unless we get our act together in a big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.