De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Touseef

I literally can't understand the volume of people thinking he'll piss of to Madrid sometime soon, as long as he is playing regularly and playing well, I cant see anything other than a lifer. At worst I think he'll maybe return to space in his 30s.
I know sometimes he makes inhuman saves but that is stretching it a bit too far ;)...

LR7

I'm beyond concerned with the Valdes issue. I just don't want DDGs situation here to be messed with at all.

ZDwyr

I'm beyond concerned with the Valdes issue. I just don't want DDGs situation here to be messed with at all.
I'm a little bothered by it. Haven't hit the concern state yet though.

Drifter

American
Wouldn't be surprised if De Gea was to consider leaving. He as already admitted that he thought about moving after what he felt was harsh criticism.

SirAF

Ageist
I think we'll sign him up sooner rather than later. Ed will be waiting with a big fat contract that he can't turn down :drool: It would be a disaster to let de Gea go as he can be our first choice keeper for the next 15 years. He's a typically marketable player too. Match made for United.

Odd that journalists are not asking Louis about the contract at press conferances. (Well not really that odd, the amateurs!)

Acole9

Outstanding
He still has a contract until 2016 don't panic just yet guys.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

It sounds logical to me, he's just considering his options. By signing Navas, who is one the best goalkeepers in La Liga and had an incredible season with Levante and an amazing World Cup with Costa Rica but isn't considered a marquee signing at all, Real Madrid showed that they still have faith in Casillas. There is also a lot of sentiment surrounding Iker and it's not that easy to just kick him out of the team. To me it seems that last summer they weren't looking for his replacement but for a quality back up option.

I'm sure that De Gea also knows that at the age of 33 a goalkeeper still has more than enough years ahead of him. They both are products of the Spanish "school" which produces keepers who are very good stopping shots on their goal line and depend highly on their reflexes. It's natural to become more slow as you get older but Casillas can prolong his career if changes some aspects of his game.

Plus De Gea is having a good time in Manchester and i do believe him when he says that he loves the club. He is also very young and signing a new contract with us doesn't mean he won't have the chance to play again in Spain, if that's what he truly wants. He is training well, we can see he's becoming better each season and he's currently working with a manager who wants to develop him. At some point he will replace Casillas in the national team, imho there's no need to rush things and push a legend out of his club. The pressure on him would be enormous.

C'est Moi Cantona

ZDwyr

£20 million just wouldn't be worth it, i'd rather run his contract right down in the hope he can be convinced to sign, or do some sort of swap deal + cash deal with one of Varane, Modric, or Bale.

Having said that I fully expect him to sign up once we secure a top four place.
Me too. 20 million is definitely not enough IMO. Just sign a new contract Dave :(

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
We should just play the Europeans at their own game and put huge release clause in his contract 40-50 million or something. That's said I don't think de gea will be leaving us but I could understand his reasons if he did want to leave.

Mark_GrumpyLion

We should just play the Europeans at their own game and put huge release clause in his contract 40-50 million or something. That's said I don't think de gea will be leaving us but I could understand his reasons if he did want to leave.
That would be nice yes. I thought the whole David de Gea week on the site would mean that he signed a new contract, but no news as of yet.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He'll sign, he's clearly happy here and is an intelligent enough man to realise our exclusion from the champions league is only temporary.

Clas Sified

To be honest, a new contract doesn't really mean much, it just means that we'll get a much better price for him should we sell. However, I honestly don't think we'll sell him in the near future, and definitely not to Real. Too much Atletico blood in him. That's like Scholes, Giggs or Beckham playing for City.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Considering we paid nearly £20m for him and he's twice as good now and only 24... £20m is a massive joke.

Jammydodger7

Mark Ogden was on MUTV last night, he said he thinks DDG will end up at Madrid eventually but didn't know when, this wasn't any info he had, just a feeling. Apparently his girlfriend is a Spanish popstar so she needs to be based in Spain.

He also didn't seem to rate DDG as much as the others on the show or the fans do, said he realy needs to work on his communication.

dannyrhinos89

Who could blame him for wanting to leave this shower of sh1te.

He's far too good for us, when your GK is consistently motm then you know something's wrong

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
Who could blame him for wanting to leave this shower of sh1te.

He's far too good for us, when your GK is consistently motm then you know something's wrong
agreed. can see him fecking off to real or barca if we don't make top 4 again!

dannyrhinos89

agreed. can see him fecking off to real or barca if we don't make top 4 again!
Yes he deserves trophies and success and sadly he won't be getting that here I want him to be successful and if he does leave then I'll be devastated but I'll wish him well.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Finally his great saves get awarded with a big win!

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

This true?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Reading the article, it says that "currently only De Gea and Carrick are in lines for a new contract", which probably means that we are obviously planning on giving them a new one. So no news really.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Reading the article, it says that "currently only De Gea and Carrick are in lines for a new contract", which probably means that we are obviously planning on giving them a new one. So no news really.
And that's probably taken from the logic that they are the ones whose contracts are running down quickest.

Jaxa

De Gea signing a new contract is just ughhhhhh:drool:

It's just another niggle sorted out and we can move on and progress this season and continue to build a stronger team for next year, he deserves a massive pay rise and solid defenders in front of him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
And that's probably taken from the logic that they are the ones whose contracts are running down quickest.
Yeah... Once there is something actual newsworthy about it there will be articles with that as the headline, not just a side note that 2 of our key players will have their contracts expire in the summer or the summer after, so they are in line for a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.