De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJJ

So we as a selling club didn't initiate talks of a sale? That makes sense, whenever I want something I wait for the seller to offer it himself.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
How long before Holloway give us Sky Sports first live cumshow over this?

Incredibly embarrassing for us, that Real Madrid don't understand how the Spanish transfer window works.

Player Red

Now both clubs are left with GKs who their respective clubs were willing to sell.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
They should be thankful to us for offering to open the negotiation yesterday morning. If this has wound them up so much to put minute wise, detailed updates of deal, that makes it more funny for me.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Madrid putting the blame on us and SSN are running with us. Every pundit is sticking the boot it, what an absolute farce.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This seems to have worked out badly for everyone, which is quite funny.
Aye we are all gutted that a world class goalkeeper is staying at our club :(

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How are you sorting out the GK position by bringing in a goalkeeper who doesn't want to be here? Who's biggest weakness is dealing with crosses and aerial ability? We should do better than Navas, and now we have a whole year to find an actual replacement. Someone from Northern Europe who won't run away to Spain, has a higher ceiling, a reasonable price, and many years ahead of him. The GK market has probably never been better than now, so feck me if I'm not happy with settling for Navas. De Gea will be out for a little while, but he will eventually be back in the team. As for the money we missed out on - who gives a damn? The way we've been spending and splashing the last years I hardly think it's a problem.
Navas wasn't the solution I meant. But had we wrapped this up in July, we'd have had time to go after Lloris for example.

izec

Real being their usual self. Sky are an absolute joke and a shambles. Still dont know why people watch this drivel.

Sam

Madrid putting the blame on us and SSN are running with us. Every pundit is sticking the boot it, what an absolute farce.
How dare we not want to sell our best player. What bastards we are! :mad::lol:

SKY are shambolic.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Aye we are all gutted that a world class goalkeeper is staying at our club :(
If he plays there's a decent chance he won't be at the level he was last year. If he doesn't play you are stuck with Romero, who is not a top level keeper for a top level club. Next year you'll need to be in the market again. You'll lose him for no money.

Eriku

This is absolutely fantastic. I'm leaving a small naive percentage of my brain alone as it believes in De Gea making his way back into our team, cementing his NT starter spot this year, and finding that he'd rather stay here at the end of it all.

No sympathy for Madrid, and them being fecked over by some tens of seconds is absolute comedy gold :lol:

Hamadovich86

Madrid totally shitting on us in that statement. United need to come forward with their own.

saivet

They're complaining about negotiations. Didn't we say before either 40m euros (or was is world GK fee) or Ramos and you can have him?

Either way, if they had just met our demands, they could have had him, we didn't have to negotiate.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Madrid probably did it on purpose. Their whole transfer strategy is based on buy high-sell high. They couldn´t generate transfer fees this summer, cause Khedira gave them the finger and nobody else was expendable. They alreay bought Danilo and Kovacic for €66M. You really think it´s a coincidence they bought Casilla weeks ago. Now Perez will act outraged in the press to save face with their fanbase and next year they get DDG on a free.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
OFFICIAL STATEMENT | 01/09/2015

After the events of yesterday in relation to the alleged hiring of David de Gea player, Real Madrid wishes to state:
1. Manchester United did not open through negotiation by the federal rights of David de Gea until morning yesterday.

2.- Real Madrid, despite the difficulties of an operation of this kind in the last day of registration, you agreed to initiate these conversations.

3. When the Manchester United accessed through negotiation this morning yesterday makes it contingent to reaching an agreement with Real Madrid player Keylor Navas to be incorporated from the British club this season, and reports that contacts with representatives of the player.

4. Real Madrid and Manchester United reach a rapid agreement on the transfer of both players. After the drafting of the relevant contractual documents required and in order to proceed with sufficient time to process both the FIFA Transfer Matching System (TMS) as its entry in the LFP time, Real Madrid Manchester United forwards contracts at 13 . 39 hour Spanish

5. The Manchester United sent its comments to the contracts eight hours later, at 21:43 Spanish time, including minor modifications. Not being relevant, all changes were accepted immediately by Real Madrid, with the intention to register the player while both TMS and Professional Football League.

6. Real Madrid after signatures Players and Keylor Navas De Gea, sent the English club said contracts signed at 23:32 Spanish time, we await to receive the final documents signed by Manchester United.

7. The Manchester United reached the final agreement with representatives of Keylor Navas at 23:53 Spanish time and is at that time when the contracts are sent to the player to be signed.

8. The Manchester United entered the TMS data from the operation of David de Gea, not those of Keylor Navas, at 00:00 Spanish time, simultaneously referring to Real Madrid transfer contracts signed.Real Madrid receives the full documentation at 00:02 and tries to access the TMS but it was already closed.

9. At 00:26 Spanish time the computer system of FIFA TMS makes an invitation to Real Madrid to fill Player data David de Gea, given that the deadline for registration in England remains open to this day. Real Madrid, in the eventuality of a contentious course of the transfer of the player, decided to refer the contract to the Professional Football League, even knowing that the deadlines had expired.

10. In short, the Real Madrid has made everything you need, and at all times, to carry out these two transfers
Ok, so there's probably a lot lost in translation but how does this exonerate Madrid?

We requested minor tweaks to the contract at 21:43, which were immediately accepted, yet it took them another almost two hours to get them signed and returned? Knowing that the deadline was so close? What the hell?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If I was Woody I'd put a cheeky bid in for Bale right now. They'd be absolutely fuming at the Madrid HQ's.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
How long before Holloway give us Sky Sports first live cumshow over this?

Incredibly embarrassing for us, that Real Madrid don't understand how the Spanish transfer window works.

We were obviously supposed to explain it to them. Very remiss from us I must say.

Navas wasn't the solution I meant. But had we wrapped this up in July, we'd have had time to go after Lloris for example.
Okay, fair enough then, I thought you meant we should cave at the last minute.

But I think an even better solution would be to make it absolutely clear that he will not be sold, and then bring in some real competition for him. That would force him to perform, at the same time the new goalie could settle in at the club and get some game time. And then he could go for free to Madrid. I don't care about the club's money, so this would be fine by me.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Swap with Oblak from Atletico...
Depends if he's really motivated by the hometown and girlfriend PR blather or he's actually just another 'play for the top two at all costs' journeyman. I think the latter.

Mali_Zeus

Ok, so there's probably a lot lost in translation but how does this exonerate Madrid?

We requested minor tweaks to the contract at 21:43, which were immediately accepted, yet it took them another almost two hours to get them signed and returned? Knowing that the deadline was so close? What the hell?
Haha yes, they've send contracts at 23:32 and expected our papers immidiately back.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Madrid's statement is quite laughable. Its not as if the clubs never discussed the De Gea transfer before yesterday morning.

Enigma_87

You know who
The even funnier scenario would be to loan DDG to a conference team up until the end of his contract

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
"All the latest news, as Martial completes medical, Chelsea sign defender and De Gea looks dead. Watch live on Sky Sports News HQ."

He is dead?

I get that he is disappointed but he doesn't need to kill himself yet.

Siorac

If he plays there's a decent chance he won't be at the level he was last year.
You can never know. Lewandowski scored 20 league goals in his final season for Dortmund. Schneiderlin did really well last season for Southampton. Ronaldo fired us into the Champions League final in 2009.

Real professionals who aim to be the best in their field don't sulk but focus on being as good as they can be.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Considering we still have De Gea in our team, it's not that bad for us.
If "his head is right", we play him, etc., etc.

This is not a very good situation for anyone. Shouldn't have happened with two of the biggest football entities in the world involved.

Hope this turns out in our favor, because by God, we need him if the Swansea game is a proof. Will the manager will be able to keep his ego aside and play him from now? More importantly, will De Gea be in the right frame of mind to give his best? I don't know; let's pray that answer to both those questions is a Yes.

Moonred

To be fair, I am fine with us acting like cnuts as well. Real can piss off for all i care. If they really wanted it done without any issue, they should have not left it till the last hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.