De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
It'll all be about Perez trying to save face at this point.

Best thing Utd do is either stay quiet or just reiterate our statement that we didn't want to sell him, and had Madrid wanted him they had the entire summer to sign him.

Thank you and good night.

PS: Best of luck with your next election Mr Perez.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
who gives a feck? Nutters on twitter? Journalists who shit on United no matter what?
United will have DDG in goal this season. That's the only fact that matters.
The club cares, I guess? I'm sure it puts quite a bit of effort into making sure it avoids bad publicity.

I'd imagine someone like Woodward would be less than pleased too given it's his already less than stellar reputation that's going to be under fire.

Tbh if Real are basically accusing us of incompetence then it would be weird if the club didn't care.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
United need to come out with our own version of events because every man and his dog seem to be blaming United for this.

It would be a bad idea if we ignore the situation publicly.
Not really, no. On the contrary most people seem to blame Madrid.
Do we even need to release a counter-statement? Theirs reads as a desperate, long winded attempt to cover up and excuse something they clearly fecked up on.
Indeed. If the club releases anything it should be a simple "We sent forward the correct documents in time. End of statement.".

Siorac

No we treated him like an adult, negotiated with him and came up with a solution that would suit both parties given his contribution to the team. That's what I mean. We didn't screw with him.
I think WE did the same here. We named our price - a very reasonable one - for Real Madrid, they weren't willing to pay it until the last minute and it blew up in their face. De Gea should blame them for not wanting him enough. In the end, just like Ronaldo, he has to stay one more year before getting his dream move.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Maybe. That's certainly part of the calculus. But there is a calculus. Super rich people didn't become super rich by not worrying about 25 million.
Super rich teams certainly also didn't become super rich by selling their best players and then signing in-adequate replacements.

DDG is a professional and with the Euros next year, he'll most likely be at his best(Suarez,Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo, Lewandowski). Plus we'll have another year to look for his replacements.

Its a win-win for us.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Maybe he will. There's a decent chance he won't though. Even super rich clubs that inflate the transfer market have a finite amount of money. 25 million isn't money that can just be written off.
Utd have said all summer that they'd prefer to keep him and let him go on a free next year rather than take one up the wrong un on it.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Maybe. That's certainly part of the calculus. But there is a calculus. Super rich people didn't become super rich by not worrying about 25 million.
I'm sure they did the maths. Hence they played hard-ball about the fee. They wanted a sum of money that would cover the potential losses if letting him go made us less likely to finish in the top four (or go deep in the CL this season) Anything less and it made more sense to keep him.

Siorac

It is a slightly different situation. All of them were told that they would not be transferred much before any chance of last day dramas. In this case, we clearly were ready to let the player leave, and then the move broke down due to silly reasons. It's not the same, and then there is the question of the manager, who in our case is a weirdo.

I hope there is no issues and Dave is ready to get back to business with us. I just won't be 100% confident.
Let me just list the three managers in charge of the clubs where the players in the quoted post played:
Jürgen Klopp
Ronald Koeman
and Brendan fecking Rodgers.

So yeah... having an utterly mental manager shouldn't stop a wantaway player to perform.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Fact is DDG had a price and Real only decided yesterday lunch time to meet that price. Who's fault again?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Maybe he will. There's a decent chance he won't though. Even super rich clubs that inflate the transfer market have a finite amount of money. 25 million isn't money that can just be written off.
There's a lot more examples of players going back and playing well after transfers fall through then them going into the reserves and playing like shit or something. Modric, Schneiderlin, Rooney, Ronaldo, etc all had great seasons after transfers fell through in recent years. I'm not too worried.

RuudTom83

RM had all summer to negotiate with DDG but they expected United to contact then for the sale of DDG and then negotiate all personal terms with Navas in the space of a few hours without ever meeting him...

I feel sorry for DDG but Real's interest in him has been halides arsed all summer.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
United's response will be a YouTube video of LVG standing for twelve minutes in complete silence, just staring right into the camera. Then at 12:01 minutes into the video the camera will pan down and he'll pull out his balls. Then the Looney Tunes ending with "That'sh All Folksh!" will appear on the screen.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Let me just list the three managers in charge of the clubs where the players in the quoted post played:
Jürgen Klopp
Ronald Koeman
and Brendan fecking Rodgers.

So yeah... having an utterly mental manager shouldn't stop a wantaway player to perform.
What I meant was whether he'll play him or keep him in the stands to get his head right, which he has so far. You sure that De Gea will be straight back in goal for the Liverpool game?

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Not really, no. On the contrary most people seem to blame Madrid.
How? all pundits on SSN and TalkSport are sticking the boot in.

Even Andy bloody Gray rung up TalkSport to have a dig at United's shambolic transfer dealing since Fergie and Gill left.

These are the two biggest sport media outlets in the UK, so it's only natural that viewers/listeners run with what they hear from the "professionals".

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I never changed my vote from yes for what it's worth.

Trust me.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
For once, I would like us to react to Madrid's statement.

I'm pleased that De Gea will not leave (rather than staying), because we've got one of the best keeper in our team. Now we've to work in order to fix his feelings, to put things right and take the maximum out of him before the end of the season, or even before January window.

I would like him to sign an extension with a Real Madrid's clause in his contract allowing him to leave if they reach a certain amount. That would be fair for everybody, including the Madrid's cu***

Woodward has to react to this statement, beeing happy to keep the player (just to taunt them)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Even Andy bloody Gray rung up TalkSport to have a dig at United's shambolic transfer dealing since Fergie and Gill left.

These are the two biggest sport media outlets in the UK, so it's only natural that viewers/listeners run with what they hear from the "professionals".
Arguing talksports credibility :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Utd have said all summer that they'd prefer to keep him and let him go on a free next year rather than take one up the wrong un on it.
Presumably we were happy with deal we had in place given we agreed to it though? In which case the deal falling through has to be bad for us.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Knew i was right to keep my vote at yes

Madrid, Perez and Ian Hollaway can all go do one!

Siorac

What I meant was whether he'll play him or keep him in the stands to get his head right, which he has so far. You sure that De Gea will be straight back in goal for the Liverpool game?
No, I'm not sure, though he should be, he's far better than Romero, obviously and I do think he's professional enough to handle it.

vodrake

Expecting a picture of Van Gaal's testicles to go up on the official Site in a few minutes

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
:lol: This is getting rather silly. Two huge, wealthy clubs arguing with each other in public (to be fair we have not commented but Real's reaction is priceless).

Obviously they're still getting the better end of the deal as they will sign him for free next year but I wonder how De Gea keeps form without playing for more or less 16 months (last game was in May and he won't play until late August 2016). Will they even want him next year?

Touseef

Maybe we should start another poll on whether DDG will sign a contract.

That should be the sane thing to do. Sign a 2-year contract with wages he deserves, he can include the Madrid clause (maybe an agreement with Madrid 18 Mn + Navas). If Madrid want him, they sign him, till then we have our best keeper and he gets paid what he deserves. If he gets injured, he is financially secure. The deal can even be done in January.

If Madrid do not want him, we sign another extension :devil:.

Cina

Fact is DDG had a price and Real only decided yesterday lunch time to meet that price. Who's fault again?
They didn't even meet the price though, that's the thing. They waited until yesterday because they were unwilling to pay what we wanted and thought the club wouldn't be able to hold out on the last day of the window.

They were right, to be fair, they just cocked it all up then.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde

Not listening to either of that, but based on the journos that usually knows a bit on twitter all is blaming Madrid - even Guillem Balague, but I'm assuming he's saying something different on SSN now?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hard to disagree with any of that. Unless there's more info we don't know about, this is on Madrid. I know we'd certainly be getting blamed if roles were reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.