De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If he plays there's a decent chance he won't be at the level he was last year. If he doesn't play you are stuck with Romero, who is not a top level keeper for a top level club. Next year you'll need to be in the market again. You'll lose him for no money.
He's a professional. Previous examples like Lewandowski and Tevez played well for their clubs in similar-ish conditions.

We are the richest club in world, its okay if we'll lose 25m for a year.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
United need to come out with our own version of events because every man and his dog seem to be blaming United for this.

It would be a bad idea if we ignore the situation publicly.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
"All the latest news, as Martial completes medical, Chelsea sign defender and De Gea looks dead. Watch live on Sky Sports News HQ."

He is dead?
No he just looks like it. Maybe his girlfriend will leave him and he signs an extension.

Siorac

"All the latest news, as Martial completes medical, Chelsea sign defender and De Gea looks dead. Watch live on Sky Sports News HQ."

He is dead?

I get that he is disappointed but he doesn't need to kill himself yet.
:lol:

The strain probably killed him. Or that singer girlfriend of his did.

Sam

He is dead?

I get that he is disappointed but he doesn't need to kill himself yet.
Edburne probably didn't take the news to well, and things got out of hand.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I don't recall us selling Ronaldo immediately when he wanted his dream move. Were we 'letting him down' as well?
No we treated him like an adult, negotiated with him and came up with a solution that would suit both parties given his contribution to the team. That's what I mean. We didn't screw with him.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Utd should just stay quiet on the subject and let the Madrid babies cry it out until they fall asleep. The world loves watching babies cry and tire themselves out.

As much as I want De Gea gone from you lot, there is zero doubt that Real are a bunch of unlikeable whatnots that got punched in their fannies. Hard. And its fun seeing them squirm in pain.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
He's a professional. Previous examples like Lewandowski and Tevez played well for their clubs in similar-ish conditions.

We are the richest club in world, its okay if we'll lose 25m for a year.
Maybe he will. There's a decent chance he won't though. Even super rich clubs that inflate the transfer market have a finite amount of money. 25 million isn't money that can just be written off.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
This is surreal:lol:

I'm eagerly awaiting our response. "Something along the lines of "feck off Madrid" would do nicely.

jazza13

Nah, no statement. Just sell him back to Athletico in Jan for a fraction of the price and really stick it to Real. That would be the second best situation in the saga behind him signing an extension.

Cina

Do we even need to release a counter-statement? Theirs reads as a desperate, long winded attempt to cover up and excuse something they clearly fecked up on.

Brophs

The One and Only
So Madrid's basic gripe is "they didn't roll over and give us the player early enough and we were left dealing with annoying stuff like contracts and negotiations"

Righto.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
United need to come out with our own version of events because every man and his dog seem to be blaming United for this.

Aye. We've already developed a bit of a rep for this type of shite, if Madrid are accusing us unfairly then we should definitely respond.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored

pfft, United's very existence seems to be a cause of nothing but embarrassment for you. I doubt there's anything they could say to change that, bar announcing the clubs dissolution.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
This is fecking hilarious, have that you cnuts, think you can fecking throw you weight round here? feck off hahaha

Aporkalypse

If Dave buys into this stream of bullshit coming out of Real then he'll be of little use to us at all.

Trizy

Utd should just stay quiet on the subject and let the Madrid babies cry it out until they fall asleep. The world loves watching babies cry and tire themselves out.

As much as I want De Gea gone from you lot, there is zero doubt that Real are a bunch of unlikeable whatnots that got punched in their fannies. Hard. And its fun seeing them squirm in pain.

This bin dipper speaks the truth!

Djemba-Djemba

In an ideal world we would just stay quiet and let Madrid publicly cry and whine and look like tits.

But as evidenced by cretins like Holloway in football its often better to come out all guns blazing and blame someone else.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Maybe he will. There's a decent chance he won't though. Even super rich clubs that inflate the transfer market have a finite amount of money. 25 million isn't money that can just be written off.
25m is nothing for us if he helps to qualify for CL next season which will mean we will get maximum amount from Adidas plus the Champions League TV money.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Aye. We've already developed a bit of a rep for this type of shite, if Madrid are accusing us unfairly then we should definitely respond.
who gives a feck? Nutters on twitter? Journalists who shit on United no matter what?
United will have DDG in goal this season. That's the only fact that matters.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
That Madrid statement :lol: Accept some responsibility you twats - you were gambling on United caving in, but when they didn't you reacted too late. Also some reports that they deliberately left it late so I could look like another "Oh, we showed them!"-PR-stunt which would be even more pathetic. In most cases I'd ignore such a rumour, but seeing as we're talking about Madrid I wouldn't rule it out.

As a sidenote, go team "yes" in the vote!

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
25m is nothing for us if he helps to qualify for CL next season which will mean we will get maximum amount from Adidas plus the Champions League TV money.
Maybe. That's certainly part of the calculus. But there is a calculus. Super rich people didn't become super rich by not worrying about 25 million.

Hammerfell

In an ideal world we would just stay quiet and let Madrid publicly cry and whine and look like tits.

But as evidenced by cretins like Holloway in football its often better to come out all guns blazing and blame someone else.
Honestly I'm happy enough knowing that I don't share the same view as Ian Holloway and Charlie Nicholas, that's a victory in itself.

Real's statement reads like a child stamping their feet and crying because they didn't get their way, it's rather amusing.

Moonred

Wait, there are some here who think this all was embarrassing on our part?

Maybe it's some ingorec content but wow nevertheless.
Well, everything is embarrassing for some, so doesn't really surprise me. On topic, I am absolutely fine with rubbing Real the wrong way. It also seems Navas wasn't particularly interested in coming, which makes it rather a decent outcome even if its not the best outcome.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Three recent players that were recently "denied" transfers for whatever reason...Suarez, Schneiderlin, Lewandowski. All with head where it's supposed to be. Why not expect the same for De Gea?
It is a slightly different situation. All of them were told that they would not be transferred much before any chance of last day dramas. In this case, we clearly were ready to let the player leave, and then the move broke down due to silly reasons. It's not the same, and then there is the question of the manager, who in our case is a weirdo.

I hope there is no issues and Dave is ready to get back to business with us. I just won't be 100% confident.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
By all accounts we are more than happy to write off that amount of money.

De Gea has Euro 2016 on his mind. He will perform.

saivet

We won't release a statement. LVG will of course be asked about it but I imagine he will either confuse people or just not give anything away.

Status
Not open for further replies.