De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The statement is clearly aimed purely at De Gea. It's just all explaining how much they want him and tried to sign him.

I wonder if De Gea's corner are genuinely unhappy with Real's efforts.

bucky

I still hope he goes to Barcelona after this farce and I think this makes it more likely, even if they have ter Stegen.

Siorac

:lol: This is getting rather silly. Two huge, wealthy clubs arguing with each other in public (to be fair we have not commented but Real's reaction is priceless).

Obviously they're still getting the better end of the deal as they will sign him for free next year but I wonder how De Gea keeps form without playing for more or less 16 months (last game was in May and he won't play until late August 2016). Will they even want him next year?
I very much doubt that he won't play until next year. LvG is stubborn and weird but he's not stupid. De Gea is by far the best goalkeeper we have, probably the best in the league and he's a professional who wants to play for his country in the Euros next summer.

Bugzy

Real 10-point statement claims:

1 United did not open negotiations until Monday morning.

2 Real conducted talks despite knowing how difficult they would be given the time constraints.

3 United insisted on Navas being a part of any deal.

4 Both clubs reached a 'rapid' agreement and exchanged at 1.39pm Spanish time.

5 United sent back minor amendments at 9.43pm, which were immediately accepted.

6 Real had to wait until 11.32pm to receive the final signed contracts from United.

7 United reached agreement with Navas at 11.53pm.

8 'Manchester United introduced in the TMS data from David de Gea operation, not Keylor Navas, 00:00 Spanish time.'

'Real Madrid receives the complete documentation at 00:02 and attempts to access the TMS, but this was already closed.'

9 Real still completed the forms for De Gea at 12.26am in the hope a deal could go through.

10 'Real Madrid has done everything, and at all times, to carry to term these two transfers.'

mu4c_20le

I'm not.

We know that, but the millions of regular listeners around the world no nout about this 'poor credibility' they have.
Do you work for United PR? If not then you should consider applying, seeing as how riled up this has gotten you.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think one of the reasons that DDG has been quiet during the whole saga is that he wasn't confident that Real were going to get him and he didn't want to go public and then be forced to stay. IMO he has known all along that there was a good chance that he would have to stay and I think if Lvg is mature about it then DDG will be fine to play one more season. I just hope Lvg will keep his ego aside for once and use common sense

Touseef

Expecting a picture of Van Gaal's testicles to go up on the official Site in a few minutes
Manchester United would like to announce that it has reached an agreement with David De Gea for a 5-year contract extension :D

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't even fully understand why he wants to go there so badly in the first place. He's an Atletico academy product coming from Atletico supporting family, Real Madrid won't offer him a raise over what Man Utd could offer. Better chance at trophies, probably, but he's 24 - surely at some point in the future United will bounce back from the mess we are in and eventually catch up, with our financial power and club status it's inevitable.

It's probably mostly due to his girlfriend living there. He shouldn't have left Atletico in the first place then.

Sarni

I very much doubt that he won't play until next year. LvG is stubborn and weird but he's not stupid. De Gea is by far the best goalkeeper we have, probably the best in the league and he's a professional who wants to play for his country in the Euros next summer.
I think van Gaal is exactly this stubborn. Seems like the sort of thing you'd expect him to do. Under Ferguson De Gea would probably be signing a new deal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

2 Real conducted talks despite knowing how difficult they would be given the time constraints.

6 Real had to wait until 11.32pm to receive the final signed contracts from United.

8 'Manchester United introduced in the TMS data from David de Gea operation, not Keylor Navas, 00:00 Spanish time.'

'Real Madrid receives the complete documentation at 00:02 and attempts to access the TMS, but this was already closed.'

9 Real still completed the forms for De Gea at 12.26am in the hope a deal could go through.

10 'Real Madrid has done everything, and at all times, to carry to term these two transfers.'
:lol: this is fantastic. Woodward has basically either pranked Madrid badly, or Madrid have shot themselves in the foot by waiting till the last moment. Either way, what a bunch of tools.

NickSantigo

If Valdes is staying I would be looking to start him. I wouldn't be looking to put De Gea back in at least not straight away. If his head wasn't right for the last couple of weeks it certainly won't be right now. He's surely enraged by all of this. We can only hope that he believes our side of the story and that it was Real's feck up

Siorac

I don't even fully understand why he wants to go there so badly in the first place. He's an Atletico academy product coming from Atletico supporting family, Real Madrid won't offer him a raise over what Man Utd could offer. Better chance at trophies, probably, but he's 24 - surely at some point in the future United will bounce back from the mess we are in and eventually catch up, with our financial power and club status it's inevitable.

It's probably mostly due to his girlfriend living there. He shouldn't have left Atletico in the first place then.
He'll have a better chance at trophies with Real Madrid than Atlético, he loves Madrid, his family and his girlfriend live there, Barcelona don't seem to want him.
So they won't be selling us Bale then?:lol:
Meh. He'd be pretty much useless in our current set-up anyway and Di Maria put me off Real Madrid's rejects big time.

Sarni

Huge risk for De Gea too to stay another year here without a longer contract. If between now and January something happens to him (injury etc.) he will be left in an not so enviable position basically.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The statement is clearly aimed purely at De Gea. It's just all explaining how much they want him and tried to sign him.

I wonder if De Gea's corner are genuinely unhappy with Real's efforts.
There were reports that Mendes was growing frustrated with Real's approach a few weeks ago. De Gea's camp can't be happy at the outcome and ultimately it was Real who were supposed to push the deal through, not us.

Sarni

He'll have a better chance at trophies with Real Madrid than Atlético, he loves Madrid, his family and his girlfriend live there, Barcelona don't seem to want him.

Meh. He'd be pretty much useless in our current set-up anyway and Di Maria put me off Real Madrid's rejects big time.
Why the feck did he move to Manchester in 2011 then? He knew he were a long term project for the club back then, he's basically fecked us over because if we signed any other goalkeeper back then we'd still be keeping him now. As things stand we're yet again forced to look for a new keeper with very few obvious choices.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
No, I'm not sure, though he should be, he's far better than Romero, obviously and I do think he's professional enough to handle it.
He is our simply the best and only world class player in our squad, so I hope he is professional enough to handle it and get back to his best. Also, that the manager is ready to leave his ego aside and gives him back the gloves. We'd need to as we don't have enough goals in our side; De Gea will need to keep us in games and get us those draws/wins to make the top 4.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Except submit the papers on time...
Or at all, apparently.
Think thats what the statement is all about. They are taking the stand that they couldn't submit the documents because United delayed sending it to them and by the time they received it, the machine accepting the documents had shut down/switched off or whatever.

Its a face saving exercise and nothing more.

Ixion

Madrid have known all summer long it was either exchange for Ramos or cough up the asking price. Running out of time is all on them.

Touseef

It'll also be great if we release a statement saying we are busy signing players at the last moment and will respond later

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace

I feel similarly but suspect it's down to ensuring his best chances at playing for La Roja - which means one of the big two. Barcelona are set at keeper which leaves the capital club.

Sure it's a risk for the player to potentially get injured and lose out on guaranteed money (See Valdes) but he'll get to choose where he wants to go now with no transfer fee involved. Looks bad for RM but equally bad for United, IMHO - they lose a class keeper they paid 20 million for and recoup nothing in transfer fees. Worse still, United are stuck with Romero

matt23

I think one of the reasons that DDG has been quiet during the whole saga is that he wasn't confident that Real were going to get him and he didn't want to go public and then be forced to stay. IMO he has known all along that there was a good chance that he would have to stay and I think if Lvg is mature about it then DDG will be fine to play one more season. I just hope Lvg will keep his ego aside for once and use common sense
Other than him signing a new contract, that would probably be ideal.

Seveneric

So if for example he leaves for free in the next window(if that's possible). How's that a win for United? The fact that "Woodward got one over on those Madrid cnuts, trolollololol"?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Just perhaps this is real being very clever
De Gea comes back in a mood and basically gets a 4 month holiday before transfering to Real on 1st Jan for say £5m and gets to play in the latter stages of the CL with his new contract, a bumper signing on fee now real have saved on the transfer plus an overall saving for real (and they get to keep navas)... everyone is a winner except us...
could real accidentally mess this up or is it just a very clever con trick to get him at a better price.
probably uber paranoia but the more I think of it the more plausible it sounds... tell united we will pay what they want so we are allowed to talk to de gea and then let him in on the secret plan

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I'm not.

We know that, but the millions of regular listeners around the world no nout about this 'poor credibility' they have.

oh noes! What will the listeners of Talk Sport think! :lol:

I reckon you're too sensitive for this football lark. Croquet might be easier on your nerves. I doubt some pundit on Talksport would cause you embarrassment by criticising your favourite croquet team either.

Brophs

The One and Only

It's the gap between numbers 4 and 5 above that's interesting. Even if we involved in other deals it does have the smell of us dragging it out a bit, if the broad heads of agreement had already been exchanged. None of which explains Real's obvious part in all of this, mind.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think van Gaal is exactly this stubborn. Seems like the sort of thing you'd expect him to do. Under Ferguson De Gea would probably be signing a new deal.
He'll play against Liverpool.

I'm very sure of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.