De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Watching 'Cuatro' news here in Spain, and they've just run a piece with footage of LVG and Woodward laughing, claiming that this whole thing is revenge for not getting Ramos.

I better contact them to say it's not true, or @GE will just die a little more of embarrassment.

MV12

I never changed my vote from yes for what it's worth.

Trust me.
And me!

Now.. If we get a sniff of any bad doings from either DDG or The Scum (aka Real Madrid) we simply bring him on for the last minute of a CL game and put to bed any oftheir attempts to shaft us.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Real could have had De Gea if they stumped up the cash we asked.
They wanted him on the cheap.
This is completely Real being unprofessional.

We had nothing to lose.

Hope this completely fecks up their season..having to play with a keeper who knows he was not wanted.

Deleted member 78215

I hope De Gea nuts up and plays for his place in the Spanish squad, at least. If he can get close to his form last season, it'll be fantastic.

montpelier

I changed my vote several times last night and would still seem to have got it wrong.

:)/:(

SqueakyWeasel

They've known all along how much we wanted to "start" negotiations - they even made a statement that they would NEVER pay as much as €29m for a goalkepper whoever he was
Even Gollum Ball-ache said the United side of negotiations was wrapped up by lunch-time yesterday (a deal for €40m)
The DdG offer (even the timing of the presentation) has been in place for months
He said that Real were stalling either because a.) they wanted to see if we'd wobble and drop the price (so they could save face having made the statement above earlier in the summer) OR b.) are just plain not interested any more after their own fans voted that they did not want him especially over Navas
I think Real have striped up Davey-boy good and proper here :D

Ixion

We're inevitably going to draw them in the knock-out stages of the Champions League. It'll be nuts.

Big Andy

Bloke
I bet Mata and Herrera were in the Carrington Server room unplugging stuff at 11.59 last night...

De Gea is the double adapter for their sex games, and Valdes doesn't want to join in...

SirAF

Ageist
Watching 'Cuatro' news here in Spain, and they've just run a piece with footage of LVG and Woodward laughing, claiming that this whole thing is revenge for not getting Ramos.

I better contact them to say it's not true, or @GE will just die a little more of embarrassment.
:lol:

Utd7

Happy he's staying even if it's for one season. But he will have to fight for his place. He shall not play against Liverpool because he needs to prove he is mentally fit and that he gets the match rhythm.

charleysurf

We're inevitably going to draw them in the knock-out stages of the Champions League. It'll be nuts.
pfft, we have the worst squad in the history of football apparently. No way we get that far.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Utd should just stay quiet on the subject and let the Madrid babies cry it out until they fall asleep. The world loves watching babies cry and tire themselves out.

As much as I want De Gea gone from you lot, there is zero doubt that Real are a bunch of unlikeable whatnots that got punched in their fannies. Hard. And its fun seeing them squirm in pain.
There's something weird about agreeing with a Liverpool fan. :D

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Wouldn't that involve one of you law-talking cnuts trawling through every clause and sub-clause of the contracts? In my experience, an 8 hour turnaround for something like that is fairly rapid!
Real Madrid probably thought we'd just sign the thing and trust that everything was all above board with the documents. Because when you think "legally sound and above board" you immediately think of those tapping-up cheatsy doodle Franco backed drama students.

And I say that as someone who doesn't particularly hate Real Madrid!

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I hope De Gea gets some sort of compensation as a result of Madrid failing to sign him. There's no way such contracts can be permissible by FIFA/UEFA. It's blatant evidence of tapping him up.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
God I hope that Real get hit with that transfer ban next season.

The look on Mendes, De Gea, Edurne and Florentino's faces would be priceless.

Shiva87

Dont want to be the one to flog a dead horse but how exactly do we come out winners in this situation? Not moral victors, real victors?
Yes - we did come out real victors. We keep the better of the 2 goal keepers. We unsettle Navas (who was quite unsettled before) - just think what is going on in his head. We tell DDG that RM didn't value him enough to come in before deadline day, so we can't really help what happened after. We did what was required as fast as possible. We tell him he can go next season on a free (if he still wants) and he needs to pull up his socks and perform.

Madrid go from no unsettled players to 1 unsettled keeper and we stay at status quo. We are the winners.

Oi, leech, watch yer language. There's sensitive souls on here. ;)
@Pogue Mahone 8 hours is great turnaround time (coming from a law talking guy). These contracts are complicated and RM must have had that drawn up before they sent it across to us. Their lawyers probably had 2 months to prepare it - so it must have had all kinds of things that had to be looked at.

SirAF

Ageist
Ronaldo or no Ronaldo I'm now going to hope those bastards lose everything this season :lol:

Seveneric

I hope De Gea gets some sort of compensation as a result of Madrid failing to sign him. There's no way such contracts can be permissible by FIFA/UEFA. It's blatant evidence of tapping him up.
They'll refund him for whatever he paid for the shiny new suit he reportedly had ready.

Moriarty

@Pogue Mahone 8 hours is great turnaround time (coming from a law talking guy). These contracts are complicated and RM must have had that drawn up before they sent it across to us. Their lawyers probably had 2 months to prepare it - so it must have had all kinds of things that had to be looked at.
No kidding. I haven't done much contract work in a while and I've never worked on one that involved a sportsman but even a bog-standard contract for the sale of goods requires careful scrutiny, and this takes time. I think your estimate of a couple of months is a bit short. Real have wanted De Gea for the best part of a year, if not longer. Perhaps they thought they could get away with a cut 'n paste copy of Bale's agreement and bung it at United at the last minute. Either way, it's very funny.

charleysurf

Ronaldo or no Ronaldo I'm now going to hope those bastards lose everything this season :lol:
They haven't bought big this summer at all now. They better win the title or the CL or Perez is screwed. Which would be nice.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That would be the most one sided poll in the history of polls, no?

I would expect a 100% 'Yes' vote.
I dunno. I'd probably have taken the €25m + Navas if we're just going to lose DDG next year anyway. Presumably the club felt the same way, otherwise they wouldn't have accepted the deal.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
If we release a counter-statement I hope we think very carefully about what we put in it. A public slanging match of "it was your fault", "no it was YOUR fault" will definitely be embarrassing.

Short and sweet would be best. "We did everything asked of us. The onus was on Real Madrid to negotiate with ample time but they didn't. We consider the matter closed. xx"

Adebesi

That would be the most one sided poll in the history of polls, no?

I would expect a 100% 'Yes' vote.
The more balanced / interesting poll might be whether people are happy with our handling of the transfer, rather than whether we are pleased he is staying.

Although from reading this it seems there are plenty of people who arent happy he is staying, on the basis that they dont believe he will play for us again anyway. Or wont be any good because of his disappointment. Or just think we have wasted £20m or whatever we might have got if we had encouraged them in their pursuit on their original terms.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
... it'll go to a shootout, and Navas will just stand leaning against the post doing his nails.

Ricardo de la Vega

People saying we're winners here....I'm not sure about that.

If he's not right mentally, doesn't play all season (or plays crap) and then leaves on a free how is that better than getting Keylor Navas and £29m?

The only way we're the winners here now is if Tufty lad is so pissed off with Madrid for messing around and trying to lowball United for him he signs a new contract here.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Slap a new contract on the table that says "all the moneys!" and "feck off Mendes, feck off Perez, all hail Woorward's Office 97". He'll never be more infuriated by Real Madrid than he is right now, so I'm sure he'll sign it.

Status
Not open for further replies.