De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nogbadthebad

I think the chances of De Gea signing a new contract with a release clause are pretty high once his team sort out the position he is in.

His problem is that now he has no contract beyond this season, he is utterly fecked if he gets a serious injury in the next 6 months. Its a massive risk to his income, and his legal team will be crapping bricks about it. His sensible option is a new contract with us to ensure he has continued income no matter what, and a £30 million release clause so he can go to RM.

I expect that will be the end result, and Perez with be apoplectic.

bri2013

So, the fat waiter had trouble with his facts machine last night. Fact..

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I actually feel sorry for Real here. And for Dave. And for Edurne. Especially for Edurne. To think of what that poor woman must be going through right now is positively heartbreaking.
Dave had to comfort her after her performance at Eurovision, so will she repay the favour and comfort him now? If not i'm sure her and John Terry could comfort each other and leave Dave the feck alone to get on with his career and finding a less demanding wench.

JON.B

Sloop
Well hopefully he realises what a circus the club is and signs a new deal here.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I think the chances of De Gea signing a new contract with a release clause are pretty high once his team sort out the position he is in.

His problem is that now he has no contract beyond this season, he is utterly fecked if he gets a serious injury in the next 6 months. Its a massive risk to his income, and his legal team will be crapping bricks about it. His sensible option is a new contract with us to ensure he has continued income no matter what, and a £30 million release clause so he can go to RM.

I expect that will be the end result, and Perez with be apoplectic.
we can now put a £40 million release clause and he will still have to sign. the alternative will be too much of a risk for him.

NK86

I don't know what they mean but it looks something like "they never wanted to discuss the possibility of this transfer until the last day". As if only yesterday United told them "OK, how much are you willing to pay for him?".
I am laughing my arse off here. Benitez joins that circus and immediately we have a 10 FACHTS memo from Madrid.:lol:

Natener

I do not care one little iota whether we were the ones taking our own sweet time or not over deadline day. But by god, Real Madrid tears. Mmmmm, sweet sweet tears.

Danillaco

Jeez man, have you not read the past ten pages of this thread? That was made by Olly right here at RedCafe. Look at the bottom right of the GIF.
Sorry, looked at the last 4 and didin't see it. I forgot pages fly by in times like these. :lol:

mu4c_20le

we can now put a £40 million release clause and he will still have to sign. the alternative will be too much of a risk for him.
Why is it a risk? Lewandowski has already set a very recent precedent and the only thing I can think of is him breaking something or tearing his ACL, but I doubt that would turn Madrid off unless it's career threatening. I'd be delighted if that door is still open but I think it's very much 50/50 at this point.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
I really don't know if that's good for us. But I just hope everything calms down and then we play that season with De Gea as our number one. He surely wants to be Spain's number one and we need a top class goalkeeper. Next year we can bring in someone like Leno, Lloris or Oblak. Navas didn't want to come here anyway, so no need to take him from Real for the next window. To piss off Real even more it would be great now, if he signs a new contract. We are now even in a position where we could put pressure on him. If he wants to play for Spain he should better sign that contract, more money will make his last year here better too and we can get some big money from Real.

tom33

I really hope Dave does sign a new contract even if its just to ensure that we get a fee. Kind of feel as though he owes us that at least.

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
I'm doubting people's commitment to Sparkle Motion
I can't deal with all this madness and not knowing what's going to happen with him. Is he going in January? Will he ever play for us again? Will he stay all season and play for us properly to keep form for Spain etc? Will he sign a new deal and a nice release clause? Will he fall out with his female? Will Real buy an alpaca that will train with their first team to confuse the media? Does David hate United now and will he let in easy goals in key games? Am I sleep deprived and slightly manic right now?

I feel tired and emosh and I'm going to have to forget about Senor Davea until the dust has settled and we know if this whole debacle has helped or hindered us.

Red Dreams

Why is it a risk? Lewandowski has already set a very recent precedent and the only thing I can think of is him breaking something or tearing his ACL, but I doubt that would turn Madrid off unless it's career threatening. I'd be delighted if that door is still open but I think it's very much 50/50 at this point.
if he does not sign, we can refuse to play him.

Not having a contract to lean back on is dangerous, economically speaking, no matter how talented you are. Anyone can be involved in an accident or become ill in such a way that playing on top level will be impossible.

Spoony

The People's President
It's Real's fault, I suspect they didn't want him badly enough or else they would've tied the deal up week's ago.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
If there is any chance he will sign an extension, then this feck up could be a blessing in disguise.

Now we need him to man the feck up and play his way back into the team and last seasons form.

Red Dreams

It's Real's fault, I suspect they didn't want him badly enough or else they would've tied the deal up week's ago.
They tried to get him on the cheap...and now have paid the price.

Completely unprofessional outfit. We may have also have done the dirty on them by faxing them so late....but really they should have stumped up the cash we wanted.

Will probably be a good read when the facts come out some day.

SirAF

Ageist
DDG may well worry that if he signs a contract, Real will give up their chase. I imagine he'll be happy to bet on himself avoiding a career ending injury in the next 5 months.
Victor Valdes should have a word with him about contracts and serious injuries.

RooneyLegend

Great stuff. We still have the best keeper in the world and he's gonna suit up us for one more season. No messing about, have him out there vs Pool.

You can't be mad at him for wanting to leave. The kid is spanish and isn't starting matches for his international team despite being their best keeper by a distance. His girlfriend lives there and he's been in madrid for almost his whole life.

Cina

well they've massively cocked up now, anyway. Trying to offload Navas to get him after the fans cheered him at the weekend won't exactly do wonders for his confidence.

Hitchcocker

Victor Valdes should have a word with him about contracts and serious injuries.
:lol:

But seriously, feck him if he doesn't sign with us. He shouldn't play for us if he's not signing. He'll be a ticking time bomb. Who the feck knows he may drop a few clangers during the Christmas period just so we can move him on during the January window.

Spoony

The People's President
They tried to get him on the cheap...and now have paid the price.

Completely unprofessional outfit. We may have also have done the dirty on them by faxing them so late....but really they should have stumped up the cash we wanted.

Will probably be a good read when the facts come out some day.
I've heard reports that we instigated the transfer yesterday. What a mess though, we're left with an unhappy player and possibly Romero in goal.

Red Dreams

Great stuff. We still have the best keeper in the world and he's gonna suit up us for one more season. No messing about, have him out there vs Pool.

You can't be mad at him for wanting to leave. The kid is spanish and isn't starting matches for his international team despite being their best keeper by a distance. His girlfriend lives there and he's been in madrid for almost his whole life.
nothing wrong with him wanting to go back home, but he should have let us get our proper fee from Madrid.
He wanted the cake and eat it too. They guy was getting a big signing on fee for signing with them. All this at United's expense.

I have no sympathy for him...and certainly not for that scum of a club. But if he remains professional and does a job for us, sign an extension with a fair buyout clause, he can move on..and so can we.

LuessiT

There is the risk that we leave him out of the team for one year. Which means he won't play the EC, will probably earn less during his time here (usually some of his salary will be based on appearances) and will probably earn less at RM (he didn't play for one year by then) if Real still are interested at all (a lot can happen during one year of not playing). All that to get more money when his contract runs out.

I'd certainly sign a new contract with an acceptable release clause if I were him. The risk is far lower.

Rake

With the Euro 2016 coming up this is the best time for such a blunder to happen. De Gea must play and perform so he can earn the starting spot. I hope we can get him to sign a new contract and hopefully keepe him for a few more years.

Spoony

The People's President
Just more evidence that they don't care much at all about signing a keeper, and were never very aggressive about adding De Gea to their team.

He's a great keeper, but Real like signing expensive attacking players. Yeah they weren't arsed about DDG.

Status
Not open for further replies.