De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
It's the gap between numbers 4 and 5 above that's interesting. Even if we involved in other deals it does have the smell of us dragging it out a bit, if the broad heads of agreement had already been exchanged. None of which explains Real's obvious part in all of this, mind.
Could be the time taken for United to reach an agreement or an in-principle understanding with Navas.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Holloway still going on about he will poison in the dressing room and what Fergie would have done. The players will not have a problem with DDG.

Shark

@NotShark
So if for example he leaves for free in the next window(if that's possible). How's that a win for United? The fact that "Woodward got one over on those Madrid cnuts, trolollololol"?
We've won the battle, but not the war, basically.

Cina

The next series of 24 should be based on Real's statement. Hour by hour.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Real 10-point statement FACHTS claims:

1 United did not open negotiations until Monday morning.

2 Real conducted talks despite knowing how difficult they would be given the time constraints.

3 United insisted on Navas being a part of any deal.

4 Both clubs reached a 'rapid' agreement and exchanged at 1.39pm Spanish time.

5 United sent back minor amendments at 9.43pm, which were immediately accepted.

6 Real had to wait until 11.32pm to receive the final signed contracts from United.

7 United reached agreement with Navas at 11.53pm.

8 'Manchester United introduced in the TMS data from David de Gea operation, not Keylor Navas, 00:00 Spanish time.'

'Real Madrid receives the complete documentation at 00:02 and attempts to access the TMS, but this was already closed.'

9 Real still completed the forms for De Gea at 12.26am in the hope a deal could go through.

10 'Real Madrid has done everything, and at all times, to carry to term these two transfers.'
Fixed for you.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Can someone sum up the Real Madrid statement please?
- United never opened a proper channel of negotiation for De Gea's transfer until yesterday morning
- Despite the difficulty in closing this type of deal in the last day, Real Madrid accepted to negotiate
- Both clubs quickly got into an agreement
- Real Madrid sent United the contracts by 13:39
- Manchester United replied, with small modifications at 21:43. Real accepted the modifications as they were minor
- After obtaining the signatures of players Real Madrid sent the final papers to United at 23:32
- United reached agreement with Navas at 23:53
- United entered the deal on their side on TMS at 0:00, sending the final contract to Real Madrid at 0:02
- Being already too late to access TMS Real Madrid couldn't enter the deal and sends the contracts to the LFP (Spanish League) after being told by TMS to complement De Gea's transfer data at 00:26

It's pretty factual and makes United seem the "slower" part of the process. I think United should reply if it wasn't like this how it happened.

Dion

So if for example he leaves for free in the next window(if that's possible). How's that a win for United? The fact that "Woodward got one over on those Madrid cnuts, trolollololol"?
We get him for a year and we get to actually scout and obtain the goalkeeper of our choice rather than taking Madrid's castoffs.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Real Madrid are such a bunch of divas :lol: fecking hell!
There's a right bunch of divas on here tbf. One of them is losing his shit because somebody said something bad about United on Talk Sport...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's the gap between numbers 4 and 5 above that's interesting. Even if we involved in other deals it does have the smell of us dragging it out a bit, if the broad heads of agreement had already been exchanged. None of which explains Real's obvious part in all of this, mind.
Problem is we don't actually know how long these different stages are supposed to take. That gap between 4 and 5 could just be what it takes to check over things legally for all we know.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
There's a right bunch of divas on here tbf. One of them is losing his shit because somebody said something bad about United on Talk Sport...
Quickly, someone should make a FAKHTS list and send it to Talk Sport.

SirAF

Ageist

Looking forward to the United statement.

Siorac

Why the feck did he move to Manchester in 2011 then? He knew he were a long term project for the club back then, he's basically fecked us over because if we signed any other goalkeeper back then we'd still be keeping him now. As things stand we're yet again forced to look for a new keeper with very few obvious choices.
That was four years ago. We were a much better team than Atlético, with better chance of success and no other top club was looking for a goalkeeper, apart from Bayern but they got Neuer. It was a good move for him, helped his development, he gained a lot of valuable experience, even won a league title (and lost another on the final day of the season).

It's understandable that he wants to leave, even if I'm not happy about it. But this is our lot. Until England starts producing better players again, we'll have problems competing with Madrid and Barcelona, simply because the best Latin players will always prefer them. The only thing that annoys me about the whole thing is that why the feck they're not even trying for Agüero. He'd be an absolutely monstrous upgrade on Benzema.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Could be the time taken for United to reach an agreement or an in-principle understanding with Navas.
Yep, Navas was the new element in the deal. Obviously De Gea had an agreement with Real going months back which meant that there was nothing major the sort there. Navas though was clearly uninterested in moving, safe to assume that those 'missing' hours were spent first trying to persuade him to move, and then hammering out the details of his contract. Not a quick process by any means, especially considering we were finalising the Martial deal at the same time.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Wouldn't that involve one of you law-talking cnuts trawling through every clause and sub-clause of the contracts? In my experience, an 8 hour turnaround for something like that is fairly rapid!

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
It's such a shame that this deal didn't go through. A bit like when Madrid dragged out the Coentrao deal in 2013 preventing him from joining United at the last minute...

Ixion

- United never opened a proper channel of negotiation for De Gea's transfer until yesterday morning
- Despite the difficulty in closing this type of deal in the last day, Real Madrid accepted to negotiate
- Both clubs quickly got into an agreement
- Real Madrid sent United the contracts by 13:39
- Manchester United replied, with small modifications at 21:43. Real accepted the modifications as they were minor
- After obtaining the signatures of players Real Madrid sent the final papers to United at 23:32
- United reached agreement with Navas at 23:53
- United entered the deal on their side on TMS at 0:00, sending the final contract to Real Madrid at 0:02
- Being already too late to access TMS Real Madrid couldn't enter the deal and sends the contracts to the LFP (Spanish League) after being told by TMS to complement De Gea's transfer data at 00:26
No step in that process where Madrid reached an agreement with De Gea because they did it months ago, cnuts.

Also the big gap in that timeline is probably for medicals.

Shiva87

I look forward to our response..

"It's a process..."
:lol::lol::lol:

We have really wound up Real Madrid, haven't we? This is too awesome :lol:
Yes it is. Can't get over it. Hope the wind up is good enough for RM to stay the heck away from our players for the next 10 years!

United need to come out with our own version of events because every man and his dog seem to be blaming United for this.

It would be a bad idea if we ignore the situation publicly.
It would be a great idea to ignore this publicly. They come out as the crying teenager who missed out on the shiny new toy, and we walk away with a smug smile. We wont sell that mob a virus :drool:

I hope we don't - we should focus on getting Martial done on time (and anything else that we may be doing). Ed should be having fun with this, to see how wound up madrid are to set out a 10 point note on the transfer - which they started on deadline day. If I wanted to take the mickey out of a club, this is how I would do it!

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yep, Navas was the new element in the deal. Obviously De Gea had an agreement with Real going months back which meant that there was nothing major the sort there. Navas though was clearly uninterested in moving, safe to assume that those 'missing' hours were spent first trying to persuade him to move, and then hammering out the details of his contract. Not a quick process by any means, especially considering we were finalising the Martial deal at the same time.
Oh yeah. That too.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
oh noes! What will the listeners of Talk Sport think! :lol:

I reckon you're too sensitive for this football lark. Croquet might be easier on your nerves. I doubt some pundit on Talksport would cause you embarrassment by criticising your favourite croquet team either.
What will the watchers of SkySport News think then? explain that one... or do all sources of football media outlets spout bollox? except BBC.com?

You're getting incredibly touchy because I suggested the club counter Madrid's statement.

We're a professional organisation. We're not going to do anything just to "piss Real Madrid off" as many posters suggest we do. The club isn't run by a bunch of teenagers. The club will do what's best for themselves. Protecting the image of this club is important.

BlakeUtd

Dont want to be the one to flog a dead horse but how exactly do we come out winners in this situation? Not moral victors, real victors?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I dont get what they mean with this one. Like, we were waiting for them to make an offer but left the phone off the hook, and blocked their email address? How is it our job to open a channel of communication?
I don't know what they mean but it looks something like "they never wanted to discuss the possibility of this transfer until the last day". As if only yesterday United told them "OK, how much are you willing to pay for him?".

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
United's response should just be a simple screen cap of our time stamped documents sent to Real Madrid. Just one of them that conflicts with the (I'm going to guess) bullshit times that Real Madrid are using. Prove one of their points to be a lie and their whole argument losses credibility.

Shark

@NotShark
I can just picture Woody typing out a statement, with LVG giggling behind him, telling him what to say. :lol:

Ixion

I dont get what they mean with this one. Like, we were waiting for them to make an offer but left the phone off the hook, and blocked their email address? How is it our job to open a channel of communication?
Everytime before that we were probably quite stubborn and insisting on Ramos or Bale in return or a world record fee. We probably got in touch with them in the morning and said if you still want him we'll accept less than we said.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
What will the watchers of SkySport News think then? explain that one... or do all sources of football media outlets spout bollox? except BBC.com?

You're getting incredibly touchy because I suggested the club counter Madrid's statement.

We're a professional organisation. We're not going to do anything just to "piss Real Madrid off" as many posters suggest we do. The club isn't run by a bunch of teenagers. The club will do what's best for themselves. Protecting the image of this club is important.
oh noes! What will the watchers of Sky Sports think?! What will Obama think?! What will Rachel Riley think?

Honestly, United seems to be the source of constant embarrassment and pain for you. Why don't you just take a break from them.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
oh noes! What will the watchers of Sky Sports think?! What will Obama think?! What will Rachel Riley think?

Honestly, United seems to be the source of constant embarrassment and pain for you. Why don't you just take a break from them.
Great response, as expected from you.

Shiva87

I don't think we did it to piss Madrid off, but we weren't going to let RM swoop in with petty cash and take away our best player. RM should have understood that before. It was a joke that RM briefed the press all summer about this deal going through, as if they thought we will just tumble like a pack of cards. They deserved what they got, and this will ensure that RM pay the right amount for our players in the future. Fully agree, Image of the club is important.

Were we slow deliberately - I don't think so. In hindsight, did being slow work out well for us - yes, it did. Teaches the buggers a great lesson!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't know what they mean but it looks something like "they never wanted to discuss the possibility of this transfer until the last day". As if only yesterday United told them "OK, how much are you willing to pay for him?".
Aye, basically that we refused to negotiate until the last minute. To which the obvious response it that there was no onus on us to negotiate unless we felt we were going to be satisfied with the outcome.

Ixion

Dont want to be the one to flog a dead horse but how exactly do we come out winners in this situation? Not moral victors, real victors?
De Gea is a better keeper than Navas and Romero and he'll be in goal for us this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.