De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Rawk insiders saying DeGea to Madrid already done and his new contract with us will feature a release clause that Real will meet although its all for show and the deal is already done.
That is how it's done these days. RAWK insiders don't know sh#t but chances are this is bang on.

Name Changed

weso26
We should give him whatever the hell he wants. He's our best player and probably will be for years.

ghagua

De Gea deserves a huge raise right now. Woodward needs to get working on a new contract as soon as possible. He may have come through the ranks of Athletico, but when Real or Barcelona come calling, it will be very difficult to turn down.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
he was tipped to one day replace Iker even in his days with AM. I have always been pretty sure he would return to Spain one day and with his quality it can only be Real or Barca. He won't be with us for his whole career I think.

Once he didn't start too well in the PL the rumours were much less alive. A soon as he performed they came back as expected.
He was tipped to replace Valdes at Barcelona and Casillas for Spain.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Bit pointless wondering if Real Madrid will come looking for him or how loyal he is to his former club. The truth is we'll have no idea until it actually happens. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if De Gea himself was fairly uncertain as to what he'd do if/when he gets that offer.

All we can do is make ourselves as attractive as possible to him. That means offering him excellent terms and the opportunity to win CLs here. If he doesn't think that will happen then why should he stay?

Still, one point in our favour is the fact that he's certain to be Spain's number 1 regardless of where he plays his football, so he won't necessarily feel he has to move to Spain for the sake of his career. He can afford to stay here for another few years regardless.

Ekeke

Most players dont disrespect their old club, especially if they are in a very very similar position in the league and champions league. So its easy to assume he isn't going to be a dickhead to his former club, until he actually does it like a few players do. Most in that situation do not - the situations others have mentioned were all completely different like Figo, a foreigner bought and not a local rivalry with Madrid

It clearly makes a lot more sense that Atletico would like to sign him and he goes back there, if anywhere in Spain. You know, with them being champions of la liga, topping their group in the champions league, being right behind Real in the table... Oh and not making all his former fans hate him and former staff members he's played for dissappointed in him.

No that makes too much sense, lets carry on with the Real Madrid nonsense

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
No matter how much we demand from Madrid (or anyone else) for him, I think we are always going to be at a disadvantage if we have to sell him. Whether he leaves for £1million or £100million, how on earth do you replace him? Neuer and Courtois? Impossible targets. Lloris, Begovic, Handanovic? Are they as good? Not for me. I'd peg Neuer, Courtois and De Gea as the 3 best around, so it feels like his replacement is likely to be a downgrade.

But I do feel confident he will re-sign and we'll get another few years from him. He seems genuinely happy here, and also seems our #1 muppet. He just seems to want us to sign all his mates, and we've signed a couple, with another one training with us.

The foreseeable future of the club's transfer policy should just be focused on keeping Dave happy. Perhaps Dave is bezzy mates with Koke and Godin...

LARulz

What's the delay in the deal? You'd think we'd be desperate to get him signed up rather than the risk of letting him go cheap even in the summer

Zoo

Custis says we're offering £140k a week. De Gea is definitely worth it, hopefully this gets sorted soon.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Worth it. Bit surprised that £140k a week would be the highest paid 'keeper. From this shoddy article I've just seen, Casillas is the current highest on £6.2m a year, which works out to about 120k a week, right?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Bwuk

Don't care what £££ he's on, get it sorted. Only Neuer is better for me, and he's unobtainable.

HabeasC

It is a shame that is only The Sun and not a more legitimate source. We need De Gea to stay.

On a side note, I am pretty sure that many Atletico fans hate DDG already as they think he left them too early, searching for money. I'm not saying that he would play for Madrid though.

gregwar

good. double it. triple it. couldn't give a f**k, it's not my money.

our best player at the moment and he's only going to improve.

Oneunited26

It will be typical, if maybe one of the top 2 players in the world in his position that we currently have, and he leaves in the summer for the big 2, because only the big 2 in Spain can have them when they hit their potential.

And many would like to know why madrid are on 10 European cups, and we are stuck on 3. Look at Suarez for Liverpool in 2014, and Ronaldo for united in 08, turn out to be freakishly good players, they head to Spain has soon as this happens. Makes it hard winning things when you get a special player always going to that lot

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He can be as important and influential on results as a world class striker. Give him that kind of wage.

I'd rather not think about it but how much do we reckon he's worth? Considering how rare keepers of his calibre are I don't think matching Bale is out of order but knowing us we'll get about £35m.

Woodenlung

Custis isn't a bad journalist tbf. Not saying he's correct on this story but I'm sure he's reporting this in good faith. I really think that De Gea is going to leave one day though. Hopefully that's in a few years time rather than next summer.

Moston_Lad

Best thing the club can do is pay him extremely well, which we are luckily able to do. He is definitely our best player right now.

Player Red

On-going negotiations with DDG would explain LVG talking his performances down in the press.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Most players dont disrespect their old club, especially if they are in a very very similar position in the league and champions league. So its easy to assume he isn't going to be a dickhead to his former club, until he actually does it like a few players do. Most in that situation do not - the situations others have mentioned were all completely different like Figo, a foreigner bought and not a local rivalry with Madrid

It clearly makes a lot more sense that Atletico would like to sign him and he goes back there, if anywhere in Spain. You know, with them being champions of la liga, topping their group in the champions league, being right behind Real in the table... Oh and not making all his former fans hate him and former staff members he's played for dissappointed in him.

No that makes too much sense, lets carry on with the Real Madrid nonsense
You have been pushing this line a fair bit. Nobody wants to see him go, but let's not pretend that Atletico and Real are equals by any stretch. Where Atletico finished in the league last season is irrelevant. It is not difficult to fathom the appeal of Real.

Revan

Assumptionman
Give him whatever he wants. He is as important (if not more) than the likes or RVP, Rooney, Di Maria and definitely more important than Falcao. And apparently all of them are on 200k+/week. So, I don't care if we give him 150k/week or 200k/week, it would be money well invested.

Losing him shouldn't be an option. There are currently only 2 keepers on his level and we don't have a chance getting either of them. Even if we get 50m from his sale, we would still weak the squad (even if we sign someone like Handanovic who is on the next tier).

Trizy

Don't think any fan would be upset at that price. He's made no sign of wanting to leave and has been world class for a while now so for me its not ''here's loads of money please stay!'' its more so rewarding your players for their efforts.

For example look at Messi, Iniesta and Xavi's deal throughout their dominant period, again none of them were looking to leave and were giving all new deals.

Keepers are very underrated on the wage front anyway, I'd have no problem giving him 200k a week.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Our best player, give him anything he want. Irreplaceable.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Well worth every penny we can throw at this deal. Best player we have right now, do whatever it takes to sign him up. #DaveSaves

Status
Not open for further replies.