g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NK86

I read De Gea had signed his contract at Madrid so I'm confused why he'd still be our player, I assume he just couldn't play till the next window.
If the transfer is not allowed, then DDG signing whatever he wants makes zero difference unless Madrid pay us whatever was agreed and DDG decides to sit out a year.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Madrid made their first ever bid for De Gea yesterday morning. I'm unsure how you think we could have made it happen earlier.
We could have started the negotiations earlier it is easy to do. Yes I know Madrid have cocked up and it is funny, but it now all depends if LvG can mend the burnt bridges with De Gea, because we sure as hell need him.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Again without any proof. We had allegedly quoted a price to Madrid. If they didn't want to meet it, should we have let him go for whatever Madrid offered? I can understand frustration with other dealings or our apparent lack of interest in upgrading our attacking options but on this the club is surely not to blame.
The proof is that it still isn't solved.

cyberman

Because I have not been impressed with United's dealings under Woodward. Because DDG made it clear he wanted to go a long time ago. I agree Madrid are also guilty here, but that we don't push to resolve our own problems and leave it up to Madrid I find to be poor from us.
Yesterday was the first time Madrid actually made a bid. What do you want us to do? Give him away for peanuts? Beg Madrid to dign him?
Then certain posters would be on here crying about bending over for Madrid and how we suck at selling players.

Dans

That is not proof. That is consequence of Madrid's dithering.
Have you proof that it is they and not we who dithered?

etc etc

The point is, we should have resolved this and it isn't. We have had all summer to sort it out.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't know what's gone on but if we've somehow managed to be in a situation where we've got Valdes, DDG, Navas, Romero fighting to be our goalkeeper then bloody hell lol. Madrid have no one to blame. The only thing we did wrong is not put this to bed sooner. If Madrid have failed to get it done, then they have a history of doing that and we don't (extensions of no extension). They have a history of it.

Grib

etc etc

The point is, we should have resolved this and it isn't. We have had all summer to sort it out.
Real admitted fault.

Jev

Do people want it to collapse? It would be painfully awkward for him to return now. Best for the club if this gets solved.

Dans

Real admitted fault.
Proof of this?

All I have seen so far is a link in a Polish Man Utd twitter account which leads to a Marca link where nothing of the sort is reported.

Ixion

Do people want it to collapse? It would be painfully awkward for him to return now. Best for the club if this gets solved.
De Gea is better than Navas and Romero so I'd rather have him in goal this season, he'll be professional and the fans will give him a good reception, it doesn't matter how awkward it is.

Manny

Grammar Police

etc etc

How? By reducing out valuation of him?

I suppose then you can complain about United letting our players go too cheap...

NK86

etc etc

I don't think I can continue discussing this with you as you have your mind made up. You blame us for not sorting it out earlier even though we did not want to sell and Madrid did not make an official bid till yesterday morning. What should we have done? Fedex DDG with a blue bow to Bernabeau?

dogwithabone

Yeah I don't get it.

Apparently, we are run by clowns who sell all our best players (RvP, Nani) and can't file paperwork (despite reports from Spain saying United got their paperwork over on time).

How? I can't apportion any blame to United. We were clear from the start. £30m fee or we are happy to keep for a year and we stuck to that until a suitable offer came in.

Madrid chose to play it right down to the wire, fecked the deal and have upset Navas in the process.

Agree with this. I cannot see what we have done wrong at all. Madrid knew the value and they knew the transfer deadline time.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored

etc etc

Well obviously United are at fault. After all, any excuse to tell us how shit United are cannot be passed up.

If Real wanted the player so badly they should not have left it so late to make a decent bid.

But of course in your eyes Madrid are a model of professionalism while United are shit.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

etc etc

Madrid didn't cough up enough before the last days and yet we should resolve it? What should we do then? Give him away for peanuts?

Nogbadthebad

Time for De Gea to grow a pair of balls and dump his girlfriend :lol::lol::p:p
I think he should be dumping his agent.

His advice was to not sign a new contract, if hes here all season, that means he has lost somewhere in the region of £5 million in wages plus increased image rights, looked like a bit of a numpty to the fans, and is still not playing in Spain in the run up to the Euros.

Thats as bad a feck up as an agent could manage for him I think.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I'd say this will still go through. But worst would be if it got wrapped up in the courts.

But I'd be happy enough to get DDG back in goa;. I'm sure he'll get his head back in gear quickly. Real will be worse off if this does not go though IMO.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think he should be dumping his agent.

His advice was to not sign a new contract, if hes here all season, that means he has lost somewhere in the region of £5 million in wages plus increased image rights, looked like a bit of a numpty to the fans, and is still not playing in Spain in the run up to the Euros.

Thats as bad a feck up as an agent could manage for him I think.
Actually is advice was reported to be to sign a contract, stay two more years and be transferred with United approval.

Grib

Proof of this?

All I have seen so far is a link in a Polish Man Utd twitter account which leads to a Marca link where nothing of the sort is reported.
Look im not going to engage you in an on going argument as others have as it looks like you've a clear agenda on the matter

You were asked for proof and instead of supplying some you defend yourself by asking others for proof (ssn journo reported fyi)

Others have also made the point we set a price and didnt budge, what do you want us to do?
Or indeed that an offical bid only came in yesterday.

You don't seem to want to acknowledge the general consensus in here or in the media or the postion of both clubs on the matter, just so you can feel embarassed at what a bunch of amateurs we are

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We cannot be blamed and they're out of order for trying to blame us. Perhaps that's why it failed. Maybe if they focused on themselves. We've sold quite a few players this summer. What have Madrid done? Sweet FA in comparison. The only thing we did wrong, is not set a deadline. We should have demanded that but we backtracked and it's appears weak - and encourages clubs. No has to mean no and likewise we set the deadline not anyone else. The fact is, we don't know anything at the minute. We don't know if we got Navas. We don't know if Madrid will cheat as per ususal to get De Gea. We just don't know. It's all come from Madrids side and we've said nothing.

vodrake

etc etc

All the reports coming out now are that United submitted all of their documentation in time, but for whatever reason it was late from Madrid. Even Marca, Madrid's mouthpiece are now admitting United did their end of the deal in time, but are currently blaming Navas trying to change the deal as for why Madrid submitted late.

But even had it been our fault it was late, its not that we've had all summer to sort it out, it's Madrid who have had all summer. We can't force them to submit a bid earlier if they're desperate to leave it to the last day for whatever reason. How the feck are we supposed to "have resolved this", when there hasn't been a bid until yesterday?

But I realize you're just desperate to have your little moan about the club, so will ignore any other possibility other than one that suits that

Red_toad

If the transfer is not allowed, then DDG signing whatever he wants makes zero difference unless Madrid pay us whatever was agreed and DDG decides to sit out a year.
You mean 4 months? He can go in January or not be registered like Barca have done.

Ixion

You mean 4 months? He can go in January or not be registered like Barca have done.
Presumeably Navas and De Gea would play in the Champions League for us and them before January, and assuming we're both still in the competition after that neither of us would want a cup tied keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.