De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It's a sign he's not on the verge of signing a long term deal.
Does his deal run out next summer? If so he could have starting talking to clubs in January so I’m not surprised we’ve actioned this as that could feck up contract talks even further.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He can't leave until he's won the double or treble. It's the law.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The save was outrageous. The YB players were already celebrating.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It was in the contract for a reason. A safety buffer for United if they were in a situation such as the one you are in. It gives you a bit more time to negotiate with De Gea and means that even if other clubs are sniffing around they don't have as much of an upper hand as they would have without this extension.

Redo91

Why are people saying this is worrying? We were always going to exercise this option regardless. Why wouldn’t we? I’m pretty sure we have done this before with players who have then gone on to sign new deals.

RedDevil@84

Why are people saying this is worrying? We were always going to exercise this option regardless. Why wouldn’t we? I’m pretty sure we have done this before with players who have then gone on to sign new deals.
Ya. It was the most obvious thing that was going to happen. And I don't see why he wouldn't sign a new deal if we exercise the option.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
This decision strongly suggests that the relationship between the club and player has gone down and the club feel they might as well play their last card.

Brophs

The One and Only
This decision strongly suggests that the relationship between the club and player has gone down and the club feel they might as well play their last card.
That seems an odd interpretation to me. Preserving the player’s value while trying to negotiate a new contract seems eminently sensible.

Offsideagain

We all know DeGea is worth more to the team than any other player. If we can get Sanchez off the books, then Woodward will pay DDG whatever he wants and quite right too. Highest wage bill in the PL if you believe the published figures from across the City but who does?

A years extension won’t stop him leaving if he wants to go but will up the price hopefully. Let’s all hope he stays.

Ban

Can't believe we've done this. Why don't we just let him go?
He is too good for us and we don't deserve him.
He should leave to save his career.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So a win win situation? Club gets a decent deal for him this summer and de gea doesn’t feel guilty for leaving on a free

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's a Celtic fan, probably just spouting off rubbish as usual
Supposedly, although 90% of his posts are about Arsenal and Sanchez, I reckon we've got an undercover Gooner :smirk:

AlwaysRed66

If he is asking for similar wage as Sanchez he is being very reasonable, considering he is our only world class players, & light years ahead of Sanchez's performances. Unfortunately, goalies have always seen to be of a lower value than offensive players, which is strange as we would have probably been mid-table without him last season.

If he is asking for similar wage as Sanchez he is being very reasonable, considering he is our only world class players, & light years ahead of Sanchez's performances. Unfortunately, goalies have always seen to be of a lower value than offensive players, which is strange as we would have probably been mid-table without him last season.
That’s changing now. Look at what Chelsea and Liverpool have spent on keepers in the summer. I think DDG was one of our highest earners when he signed his last contract, and I expect the same to happen this time (as long as he signs). We really do value him, and I’ve no doubt if he moved he would not be on higher wages than we offer him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can't believe we've done this. Why don't we just let him go?
He is too good for us and we don't deserve him.
He should leave to save his career.
If we really loved him, we’d let him go. Farewell, sweet prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.