Dean Henderson image 26

Dean Henderson England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
I would say when you are supremely talented then its more than ok to have a huge ego.

When you are not supremely talented however to have a huge ego makes you seem a right knob.

Henderson is not supremely talented.

I can't help but wonder how some people would react if Pogba or Lingard came out with those statements and they have actually left the club

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
His desire, will, and determination to be here and perform well for us would have meant he puts in 190% each training session for us. He would have improved considerably with us and the right goalkeeper coaches. Those kinds of factors alone mean you keep the man at the club, instead of bringing in an outsider with no loyalty and only interested in the pay cheque.
Dean Henderson 'stormed out' of Man Utd training after Ralf Rangnick broke promise - Irish Mirror Online

You've completely made up a scenario in your head because you don't like De Gea.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How the feck club can promise someone to be first choice?
Never liked Hendo.He is bang average gk who thinks that he is world class.
And i bet that he was one of the rats last season

Edwards6

Can understand why he's annoyed, if Solskjaer changed his mind about him being number 1 we should of just let him go on loan last year instead of wasting a year

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I’m with him, never got his chance, false
promises

Never got his chance? You are kidding, right? Guy got his chance and showed that he is bang average. If he was good then he would be our no1 today or he would be sold in some bigger club (not loaned in NoF). Plain and simple

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Great - We’ve got a highly motivated top level keeper with a point to prove. Thank you Man Utd.

Rex Banner

I can't blame him for being annoyed with the situation, like he says he essentially wasted a year of his career but christ he sounds like an absolute knob. You'd at least wait until you were no longer under contract. We're probably still paying a good portion of his wages.

That quote about not wanting Ten Hag to see him :lol: you know that's gonna be all over Twitter as soon as he makes an error. Not exactly making it easy for himself.

lsd

The Oracle
I’m with him, never got his chance, false
promises

He got his chance kept his place despite never looking that good then got COVID.

De Gea came in played far better and theres no way he deserved to be dropped for Henderson.

::sonny::

He has been forgotten and nobody cared about him, always on the bench for unknown reasons

Paul778

pretty clear as was expected that he was one of the bad apples from last season now. it's rare for me to agree with danny mills.

if only we could sell the cnut. even on his best day he's worse than DDG, and I'm one of the ones that would like to see a massive upgrade in DDG in certain areas of his game (distribution/command of box)

he's even more of a cnut considering we are still his club and pretty sure we're paying part of his wages this season. he can feck his loyalty bonus right off

AndyMUFC

Will our players ever just keep their mouth shut honestly? He's got a right to be frustrated but he got Covid and De Gea was our best player along with Ronaldo so he wasn't getting dropped. Get on with it.

Ahmer Baig

I think more of an insight is the idea the Ole made promises to players that he never followed through on. Pretty sure Lingard et al were treated the same. No surprise there were issues in the dressing room….
Exactly. Goes to show how badly the club is being run with false promises to players.

Skills

Snitch
The Solkajer era autobiographies are going to be a fun read in a few years. He seems like a bit of a trainweck.

Skills

Snitch
My two thoughts are:

1) We badly mismanaged our squad last season and this is another example of that. Too many players not getting the gametime they thought they'd be getting.

2) Henderson has long been spoken about as someone who has what we might more positively describe as abundant self-confidence. Add that to the strong rumours that he was one of the players who leaked to the press and it's probably no harm that he isn't in the dressing room any more.
This. Solskjaer it seems was hilariously bad when he actually had some decisions to make.

He definitely kept at least 2 unhappy players around that he had no intention of using - Lingard and Henderson. In turn he probably cost the club millions in transfer fees - especially in the case of Lingard. Then when the shit went down the pan, he got exposed as a tactical amateur he also had a generally unhappy squad as well because of his own mismanagement.

What a calamity.

CloneMC16

Ole seemed to promise a bunch of players minutes that they never got last season. I can see why he's annoyed. He wants to play football and would have gone on loan if he didn't get lied to by Ole. I respect a guy that actually wants to play. Not sit on the bench, happy to earn his ridiculous salary.

Got to be frustrating to watch De Gea fail at most aspects of goalkeeping, but still get picked.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Ole seemed to promise a bunch of players minutes that they never got last season. I can see why he's annoyed. He wants to play football and would have gone on loan if he didn't get lied to by Ole. I respect a guy that actually wants to play and not sit on the bench, happy to earn his ridiculous salary.

Got to be frustrating to watch De Gea fail at most aspects of goalkeeping, but still get picked.
De Gea is better than him. He's done nothing to deserve starting over him

Red For Ever

Great - We’ve got a highly motivated top level keeper with a point to prove. Thank you Man Utd.
[/QUOTE

You got 2 players who couldardly get much game time in one of the worst teams United have had for many years.
I wouldn’t get too excited just yet.

Acole9

Outstanding
This guy is full of chat about himself, if only his performances on the pitch matched it...

foolsgold

I think it's pretty marginal between him and de Gea, but if you promise a player that he's going to be playing, then don't without good reason that's unprofessional.

Sure, he's not going about this the best way, but I understand why he's pissed off at Ole in particular. It's not like he's the only one in this situation either.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think it's pretty marginal between him and de Gea, but if you promise a player that he's going to be playing, then don't without good reason that's unprofessional.

Sure, he's not going about this the best way, but I understand why he's pissed off at Ole in particular. It's not like he's the only one in this situation either.
He effectively got injured. Tough luck. When he came back DDG didn't deserve to be benched.

Wheato

It was widely acknowledged that last season it was Henderson and Lingard who were spreading all of the dressing room goings on at the club. Ole and then Rangnick couldn't do or say a thing without it getting leaked to the press. This was obviously a major contributing factor to our terrible season, as the players were being undermined publicly in the press for all of the world to see. They behaved like spoiled children and in the end caused the downfall of their own careers. They had the keys to the kingdom, and now they are relegation fodder. They will look back on this period one day with nothing but embarrassment.

One of the best bits of business in this transfer window was shipping out the bad eggs.

Olecurls99

Ole seemed to promise a bunch of players minutes that they never got last season. I can see why he's annoyed. He wants to play football and would have gone on loan if he didn't get lied to by Ole. I respect a guy that actually wants to play. Not sit on the bench, happy to earn his ridiculous salary.

He hasn't taken a pay cut to go to Forest and I guarantee they won't give him anywhere near 120k.

Status
Not open for further replies.