g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think he's a pretty bang average Prem keeper in every department essentially. But that's overall a better keeper than de Gea.

shahzy

So fkn over rated. He shouts at corners and rushes out to jump for the ball and suddenly most think thats all you need to be a good goalkeeper.
If you want a true upgrade on De Gea, either get a proper upgrade or dont. Henderson is an inbetween option.

caid

I think he's a pretty bang average Prem keeper in every department essentially. But that's overall a better keeper than de Gea.
It is but when the club is happy to let him leave before the manager even sees him your going to question his attitude and mentality. Especially after last season and that interview a few weeks back. I can totally get wanting a better keeper than de gea, i dont get wanting this guy. I kind of hope this thread isn't getting a bump every time he doesn't feck up against a team of evertons quality.

Kag

It seems like you only remember the good and forget the bad. Maybe because people only make videos about the good stuff.

Remember this one?
No, I remember the good form that took place during that period as I said. We don’t concede too many goals when he plays for us and that is reflected in the data.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It is but when the club is happy to let him leave before the manager even sees him your going to question his attitude and mentality. Especially after last season and that interview a few weeks back. I can totally get wanting a better keeper than de gea, i dont get wanting this guy. I kind of hope this thread isn't getting a bump every time he doesn't feck up against a team of evertons quality.
not fecking up is quality DDG doesn't have. it's a pretty good start for keepers

Boondog

He had a hell of a game vs Everton. Gotta admit that. He's aggressive and plays cocky which I also like in a keeper. He kicks a straight ball too. Honestly it makes me angry seeing how good a fit he would have been vs DDG then considering that he went out of his way to not let ETH see his workouts. Infuriating.

Also him talking shit about the team bothers me too. And he's got one of the most punchable faces in the game. So not going to complain if he's our keeper next year provided he plays well but I'm hoping they bring in someone young and better than him by that point. Because I'm gonna carry this chip on my shoulder a while with this player.

caid

He had a hell of a game vs Everton. Gotta admit that. He's aggressive and plays cocky which I also like in a keeper. He kicks a straight ball too. Honestly it makes me angry seeing how good a fit he would have been vs DDG then considering that he went out of his way to not let ETH see his workouts. Infuriating.

Also him talking shit about the team bothers me too. And he's got one of the most punchable faces in the game. So not going to complain if he's our keeper next year provided he plays well but I'm hoping they bring in someone young and better than him by that point. Because I'm gonna carry this chip on my shoulder a while with this player.
I definitely will. Hes not good enough and his attitude stinks

Huddsred

Who cares about Henderson anyway,? He vocally and publicly stuck the knife into our club while still a United player, for no other reason than De Gea's form last season kept him out of the team. feck him. He must never play for us again.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It makes sense, though. He’s at a newly promoted football side so he’ll constantly face danger. He’s had the most shots saved, most balls claimed etc. because he’s constantly in action.

This loan is perfect because Henderson is actually a good PL level ‘keeper so we should be able to fetch a very good fee next season, even in spite of his rather large wage.

mu4c_20le

Guessing its the penalty save that made the difference, otherwise Sanchez has been better.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Who cares about Henderson anyway,? He vocally and publicly stuck the knife into our club while still a United player, for no other reason than De Gea's form last season kept him out of the team. feck him. He must never play for us again.
In our club or in employees of this club?

Idxomer

It makes sense, though. He’s at a newly promoted football side so he’ll constantly face danger. He’s had the most shots saved, most balls claimed etc. because he’s constantly in action.

This loan is perfect because Henderson is actually a good PL level ‘keeper so we should be able to fetch a very good fee next season, even in spite of his rather large wage.
In theory, United could get a new keeper like Sanchez or Meslier next season without costing them anything. They just need to sell Henderson for 25-30m and get rid of De Gea's wages which are 20m/year.

Phil Osophy

Hardly surprising to see him well ranked. Two man of the match awards in three games after one year without playing, it's obvious there's a good player there.

Crapper John

Supports
Arsenal
Henderson has been his own worst enemy; and his aching desire to play for United, has been his downfall. He allowed himself to be persuaded by Ole that he would get a fair crack at the no. 1 spot, but covid intervened and afterwards De Gea kept his place. The player should have spent last season out on loan, but instead was left clicking his heels on the bench. Since then United's stance has amazed me. In letting him go on loan to Forest, the management talked about him gaining experience as if he were a promising 18-year-old. De Gea, for me, is a good shot stopper, but limited otherwise, and yet is preferred to Henderson, who is one of England's better keepers, having gained one international cap; and yet united are scrambling around to find a decent deputy for De Gea. Once again, there doesn't appear to be any joined-up thinking here.

Crapper John

Supports
Arsenal
In theory, United could get a new keeper like Sanchez or Meslier next season without costing them anything. They just need to sell Henderson for 25-30m and get rid of De Gea's wages which are 20m/year.
Should have kept Henderson and sold De Gea. Am I to understand that because he criticised the club management, Henderson is deemed by many United fans as surplus to requirements.

::sonny::

De gea has a great instinctive reflexes, he makes huge mistakes every game, but at the same time he makes some great save

Then the people forget the mistakes and remember only the good things

In this way he won, incredibly, the player of the year for many years

Now after 10 yrs many people, fortunately, are considering his status…

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I should imagine there are plenty of us who have gobbed off about something which we later wish we had held back. I think he is a better goalie than De Gea in the style EtH wants so he should be welcomed back - also saving us a transfer fee.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Ten Hag just clearly didn’t want to keep a player that didn’t want to be here.

If Henderson was a bit more open minded then he would have been starting our games for us.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Ten Hag just clearly didn’t want to keep a player that didn’t want to be here.

If Henderson was a bit more open minded then he would have been starting our games for us.
no he wouldn't - it was made very clear who the first choice was almost before ETH arrived because of DDG's form last season

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It is, of course. Minus some strange goalkeeping towards the back end of a Liverpool defeat, which is all people seem to be able to hang on to it seems, Henderson was in good form at the conclusion of the 20-21 run in. We conceded fewer goals with him in the side and he was regularly praised for being proactive. Then he got injured and then he got Covid. Here we are.
For a supposed great penalties keeper, he also did not save a single one in our loss in the Carabao.

And if people claim that's just pressure, well De Gea is being slated for cracking under it a few times a year, so why go for another keeper like that?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
For a supposed great penalties keeper, he also did not save a single one in our loss in the Carabao.

And if people claim that's just pressure, well De Gea is being slated for cracking under it a few times a year, so why go for another keeper like that?
penalties is the best you can come up with? I mean if that's the bench mark, tell me how many DDG saved in the Europa final. for that matter tell me how many he even went the right way for... there is rather a lot more to goalkeeping than penalties

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Penalties are a lottery, but I'm sure it didn't help that he hadn't played a match in two months, and had only played one match in over four months. Looking over his career he's normally good at saving penalties so it's a strange thing to criticise him for.

DevilRed

That ‘fail’ vid is just a normal keeper vid, I don’t get it?

He was well out of position for a few of the goals/chances.

Typical deano really. A bit too rash and not exactly great distribution of the ball.

Decent keeper but not the level to be no 1 for us…yet.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He was well out of position for a few of the goals/chances.

Typical deano really. A bit too rash and not exactly great distribution of the ball.

Decent keeper but not the level to be no 1 for us…yet.
and DDG is?

Crapper John

Supports
Arsenal
So presumably you're quite happy with De Gea. That's good news for the rest of us.

tomaldinho1

Just Deano fans and DDG fans playing the monopoly
It’s a really weird argument that shouldn’t exist because one side is saying Dean Henderson isn’t good enough but then also begrudgingly accept he’s probably better than DDG these days and the other side are saying he’s better than DDG but not the long term answer…

mu4c_20le

All the bad things

I hate it when he comes out, then suddenly stops halfway and change his mind, like at the end there. He did it with us two years ago but that was his first real shot at a big club. Can't believe he's still doing it.