Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannn411

If he's available for less than 60m I'd do it but he's not going to be available for that cheap so no point signing him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If he's available for less than 60m I'd do it but he's not going to be available for that cheap so no point signing him.
I think for those that do rate him, the only downside is the price. But, what if we were able to reduce the price by chucking Maguire in? Moyes would love him I think

Dannn411

I think for those that do rate him, the only downside is the price. But, what if we were able to reduce the price by chucking Maguire in? Moyes would love him I think
I think Moyes would love him for sure but I'd prefer for us to get money for Maguire tbh . I think we can get up to £35m/£40m for him. Plus i'm always wary of these player swaps because of the tendency of getting screwed over on player valuations.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Once United are interested that boosts a good quality player above 45mil mark, unless they are quite unknown and in the eridivise etc.

humdinger

He’s really good but we have limited funds and several spots needing filled. We need to be smarter and braver in recruitment and to stop blowing huge amounts of money on individual players because we think they’ll be a sure thing as they’re prem proven and talented. Because if they don’t work we’re fecked.

AndySmith1990

Which CM are we getting for less than £60m please??
I'll remember this post when this time next year we're talking about some quality CM that Brighton or Dortmund picked up for £20m.

We have scouts employed by the club to know suitable alternatives that don't cost stupid amounts of money

waza7111

I do wonder how often people criticising him have actually watched him for 90 minutes... my guess is: not too often.

We may need other positions sorted more, but let's not pretend we don't need someone like him too - and he'd be a long-term investment so the high price doesn't mean as much as some seem to think.

It would also mean being able to rest Casemiro at times and add strength if we wanted to go with extra defence in midfield for, let's say, away legs in Seville
I watched both him and Bellingham at the World Cup and wasn't impressed.

They looked world class against a poor Iran team but were then anonymous against both the USA and France.

That's not what you'd expect from 2 players who are both valued at £120 million by their clubs.

Mainoldo

I'll remember this post when this time next year we're talking about some quality CM that Brighton or Dortmund picked up for £20m.

We have scouts employed by the club to know suitable alternatives that don't cost stupid amounts of money
Good luck as I’m not that guy.

Getting Caicedo for £3m doesn’t appeal to me as we don’t get the same Caicedo now if we signed him as it’s a different level and expectation.

Players like him need to take the Brighton step before they get to United. List me the number of players that make that step for cheap and turn out to be world elite?

So if you think we can pick up a £20m CM and he’s comes in and gives us what we want in season 1, your dreaming.

Syphon Wallet

Declan Rice is not who we should be spending a large chunk of our apparently limited resources this summer on.
We need a striker and, imo more importantly, we need to increase creativity in the squad.
Personally feel like we need more creative, assist making wingers.
I realise that's not realistic with the expenditure recently on that area, so instead we need to get a CM that will alow us to control games, hold possession and can make passes that lead to goals.
Not and easy task to get such a player.

meamth

I'd take him. Had similar profile as FDJ, but more defensive and combative.

Probably not as press resistant as FDJ, but as a ball carrier from deep position he isn't that far behind.

Mainoldo

I'd take him. Had similar profile as FDJ, but more defensive and combative.

Probably not as press resistant as FDJ, but as a ball carrier from deep position he isn't that far behind.
I think him and Kovacic would statistically match up if we wanted an alternative to FDJ. So wouldn’t be surprised if he is our alternative.

Marwood

I know. Give me an example for who we can get for our midfield though, That’s better than Declan Rice.
Well if you know good players move for less than £60 million why do you think there isn't a player on the planet better than Rice for that amount?

These discusions about names are bit pointless. We're not scouts and whichever names are provided, there'll no doubt be a caveat as to why they don't count. As you had for Caicedo.

meamth

I think him and Kovacic would statistically match up if we wanted an alternative to FDJ. So wouldn’t be surprised if he is our alternative.
Yeah just think of the midfield partnership of Rice and Casemiro. It will be aggressive, chaotic and hard to bypass.

Rice being able to burst into the attacking phase will make our team play better football.

If we can't get FDJ then Rice is the priority imo.

Mainoldo

Well if you know good players move for less than £60 million why do you think there isn't a player on the planet better than Rice for that amount?

These discusions about names are bit pointless. We're not scouts and whichever names are provided, there'll no doubt be a caveat as to why they don't count. As you had for Caicedo.
Well the fact that I’m making the statement.. knowing the alternatives probably means Rice is the best option.

We don’t need to be scouts we support Manchester United. The percentage pool of us not knowing a player that can play at our level is minimal, like 10%. Therefore if he can play for United believe me you’d know about him by now.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Surely theres a CM in spain somewhere that costs 15-20m and can actually pass and control the ball properly? because thats what we need. Enough of Kamikaze football in midfield.

Mainoldo

Yeah just think of the midfield partnership of Rice and Casemiro. It will be aggressive, chaotic and hard to bypass.

Rice being able to burst into the attacking phase will make our team play better football.

If we can't get FDJ then Rice is the priority imo.
I hope so. I like Caicedo also and he’d be cheaper. But right now Rice is more polished and his personality would be a bonus, captain material.

ScholesyTheWise

Why do everyone and their dog have to know that we're interested in player X months before we attempt to buy him?
In case there's some amount of briefing from the club to journos about these things- why then?
Can't quite see the logic.

lex talionis

If we’re talking about a potential starter for United in midfield I’m not sure why we’d want to draw the line at 60m. In today’s market that almost a bargain basement price.

golden_blunder

Staff

How many players are under 60m when United come calling? Those 40-50m players suddenly become 60m+

he’s right about the punts, the club doesn’t make those solskjaer type deals anymore. Fans have more demanding expectation now than under Fergie. A young player would not get the time to settle and develop. It’s all now now now. And those “now” players cost money

Marwood

Well the fact that I’m making the statement.. knowing the alternatives probably means Rice is the best option.

We don’t need to be scouts we support Manchester United. The percentage pool of us not knowing a player that can play at our level is minimal, like 10%. Therefore if he can play for United believe me you’d know about him by now.
You must have an incredible knowledge of players across the globe to be so sure about this.

What did you think of Martinez before he joined? What about Guimarães before he joined Newcastle?

DavelinaJolie

To replace Casemiro after a year, our recruitment work is truly terrible (I don't think we right now is the time to look for Casemiro replacement)
I disagree, we should be lining up a replacement for Casemiro now, I just think it shouldn't be Rice. Not because I don't rate Rice, but we need a player who can come in to spell Casemiro and grow into the role with an eventual phasing out. Rice is a player who'd be brought in to start immediately, and as others have said it feels like we need a different profile of player to play alongside Case.

Marwood

How many players are under 60m when United come calling? Those 40-50m players suddenly become 60m+

he’s right about the punts, the club doesn’t make those solskjaer type deals anymore. Fans have more demanding expectation now than under Fergie. A young player would not get the time to settle and develop. It’s all now now now. And those “now” players cost money
Whoever we sign, young, old or just plain crap, they all get massive amounts of time. I don't know where it comes from that Old Trafford is this hostile, demanding place where succesa has to be immediate.

Elanga for example has been in the first team squad for over a year now without doing anything.

It's why I reject this idea Caicedo wasn't resdy. As if those 14 games in the Belgian league he had were an experience we couldn’t possibly give him.

ti vu

I disagree, we should be lining up a replacement for Casemiro now, I just think it shouldn't be Rice. Not because I don't rate Rice, but we need a player who can come in to spell Casemiro and grow into the role with an eventual phasing out. Rice is a player who'd be brought in to start immediately, and as others have said it feels like we need a different profile of player to play alongside Case.
When I said replacement I mean come in and take Casemiro place in the team. Succeed him for the future is a different matter. In ideal world, you always want to line up successor at all time because accident can happen. I would like to get the an understudy to come in adapt and take over in a few years.

golden_blunder

Staff
Whoever we sign, young, old or just plain crap, they all get massive amounts of time. I don't know where it comes from that Old Trafford is this hostile, demanding place where succesa has to be immediate.

Elanga for example has been in the first team squad for over a year now without doing anything.

It's why I reject this idea Caicedo wasn't resdy. As if those 14 games in the Belgian league he had were an experience we couldn’t possibly give him.
Well, those games in Belgium were because Brighton had a look at him and thought he’s not ready yet, then phased him in slowly. If Brighton think that, why do you think he’d magically have done better at United where expectations are through the roof?

Mainoldo

You must have an incredible knowledge of players across the globe to be so sure about this.

What did you think of Martinez before he joined? What about Guimarães before he joined Newcastle?
Going to Newcastle wasn’t the first time we heard of Bruno. Martinez I’ll give you that one but he also cost a light £45m and there was as guys speaking about him as soon as we got linked to Timber.

bringbackbebe

Looks like this is where its trending. Won't be surprised if this is announced soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.