Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil You Know

Rice and Caemiro would be a proper 90s style midfield. I don't think EtH would necessarily want to us to play 4-4-2, but with those two in the engine room, he could.

Marwood

Well, those games in Belgium were because Brighton had a look at him and thought he’s not ready yet, then phased him in slowly. If Brighton think that, why do you think he’d magically have done better at United where expectations are through the roof?
I don't think 14 games in Belgium can be that pivotal but I'm sure we could have given him the same space to grow. I know this because we do it all the time for players. Malacia, a lesser player, has been given opportunities then pulled out when needed. I mentioned Elanga. We also can send young players on loan right?

This isn't a club that demands an immediate impact.

Our fanbase pretty much invented a mental health condition to allow Sancho a whole two years of sub par performances.

Going to Newcastle wasn’t the first time we heard of Bruno. Martinez I’ll give you that one but he also cost a light £45m and there was as guys speaking about him as soon as we got linked to Timber.
But what did you think of Guimarães? How did you rate him when at Lyon?

cpresc

It doesn't look like many are learning from the Sancho mistake here.

We need players who we are confident can come in and improve our performance level.

Rice is proven to be a quality player in the Premiership.

As is Kane.

Signing these two in the summer would undoubtedly improve our performance level.

Rice > McTomminay / Fred / Sabitzer / a tired Eriksen / anyone else who deputises for Casemiro
Kane > Weghorst / Martial

Keep it simple.

Dannn411

Neves :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lavia is a bench player.
Palhinha is 27 years old you guys want to moan about Kane. They’ll definitely be demanding north of £60m.
Lavia at his age is better than every midfielder at the club bar Casemiro so no he's not a bench player in this team. Same with Ruben Neves btw.

Spurs are going to ask for £100m+ for Kane at 30 years old. We are hardly one signing away from a title. We need at least 6 or 7 great players to cement at least a regular top 3/4 finish and to get anywhere near the title. Anyone who thinks signing just Harry Kane gets us a title is having a laugh. It won't even get us title contention let alone an actual PL title.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I watched both him and Bellingham at the World Cup and wasn't impressed.

They looked world class against a poor Iran team but were then anonymous against both the USA and France.

That's not what you'd expect from 2 players who are both valued at £120 million by their clubs.
That would make an awful of clubs and managers wrong - between the pair, there must be/have been 10 teams interested... if not more

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Lavia at his age is better than every midfielder at the club bar Casemiro so no he's not a bench player in this team. Same with Ruben Neves btw.

Spurs are going to ask for £100m+ for Kane at 30 years old. We are hardly one signing away from a title. We need at least 6 or 7 great players to cement at least a regular top 3/4 finish and to get anywhere near the title. Anyone who thinks signing just Harry Kane gets us a title is having a laugh. It won't even get us title contention let alone an actual PL title.
how many points do you think Kane would have won us this season - I reckon it's quite a lot: without rashford's goals, we'd be nowhere. need a proven goal scorer: Kane has proved himself to be that in very ordinary team year after year

Mainoldo

This is his first EPL season. Let’s not get carried away now. There’s a reason Kobie Mainoo isn’t above Scott McTominay. Have abit of perspective. He’ll be on the bench.

Mainoldo

I don't think 14 games in Belgium can be that pivotal but I'm sure we could have given him the same space to grow. I know this because we do it all the time for players. Malacia, a lesser player, has been given opportunities then pulled out when needed. I mentioned Elanga. We also can send young players on loan right?

This isn't a club that demands an immediate impact.

Our fanbase pretty much invented a mental health condition to allow Sancho a whole two years of sub par performances.

But what did you think of Guimarães? How did you rate him when at Lyon?
Didn’t watch him like that g. If that’s what you’re getting at? Doesn’t mean anything though. There’s people on her who have opinions on Declan Rice and don’t watch him either. Me watching him or watching tones of footballers around Europe was not the point I was making.

My original point was there is no one in Europe that is going to cost us less than £60m that is better than Declan Rice and no one had proven otherwise.

Marwood

Didn’t watch him like that g. If that’s what you’re getting at? Doesn’t mean anything though. There’s people on her who have opinions on Declan Rice and don’t watch him either. Me watching him or watching tones of footballers around Europe was not the point I was making.

My original point was there is no one in Europe that is going to cost us less than £60m that is better than Declan Rice and no one had proven otherwise.
But surely you can see that you're not in a position to make such a statement unless you have an incredible knowledge of players around the world. Which you don't.

You didn't know much about Guimarães who is better than Rice and moved for less than £40 million. You wanted Pau Torres instead of Martinez. You think/thought Bruno isn't creative, an Everton level player. I'm not sure your talent spotting is good enough to be this sure.

Mainoldo

But surely you can see that you're not in a position to make such a statement unless you have an incredible knowledge of players around the world. Which you don't.

You didn't know much about Guimarães who is better than Rice and moved for less than £40 million. You wanted Pau Torres instead of Martinez. You think/thought Bruno isn't creative, an Everton level player. I'm not sure your talent spotting is good enough to be this sure.
I am in the position to make sure a statement because I’m on the transfer forum where we literally get all the news logged and first. We literally know every midfielder that had been linked to us. New on the scene and existing and from that I am telling you there isn’t a midfielder out there we can get for below £60m that would be better for us than signing Declan Rice.

All I’m reading from you is hypotheticals. I’m sure there is a forum in Bruno somewhere on here before he went to Newcastle with an estimated value and loads of opinions on him.

Nothing goes unnoticed on here Caicedo included. We don’t miss nothing, and that being said my point still stands.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Neves was so underwhelming yesterday, which was good for us but, transfer wise, I wouldn't go near him.

spiriticon

Are we going to spunk 100 million on him, watch him never live up to that price tag because it's impossible, and then become a meme in 5 years time?

Marwood

I am in the position to make sure a statement because I’m on the transfer forum where we literally get all the news logged and first. We literally know every midfielder that had been linked to us. New on the scene and existing and from that I am telling you there isn’t a midfielder out there we can get for below £60m that would be better for us than signing Declan Rice.

All I’m reading from you is hypotheticals. I’m sure there is a forum in Bruno somewhere on here before he went to Newcastle with an estimated value and loads of opinions on him.

Nothing goes unnoticed on here Caicedo included. We don’t miss nothing, and that being said my point still stands.
If you think the only options on the planet are players the Redcafe transfer forum is currently linking us with, 6 weeks before the window even opens, I can kind of see your reasoning.

Mainoldo

If you think the only options on the planet are players the Redcafe transfer forum is currently linking us with, 6 weeks before the window even opens, I can kind of see your reasoning.
Yes because that is exactly what I said.

I‘ll tell you what. We can leave this until the end of the window and see which player we brought that we was unaware of with no thread about.

You know when people just can’t accept they are wrong. :lol:

meamth

Lavia is the wrong profile if you want bring in as FDJ ball carrier type.

Rice is one the top candidates for that role, Lavia perhaps can be signed for Casemiro understudy or future deep lying playmaker.

Lavia is more of a modern DLP, not as our definitive Case partner.

I also would argue that signing Kane would fit the profile of our core senior players. Case, Varane, DDG, Bruno, Shaw. We might need to replace again in 2-3 years, but signing him would theoretically put us as title contenders.

Banking on our core senior peak years is also an option for Ten Hag. Whether he will do it or not, remain to be seen.

As for me, I would rather we sign Kane and fully utilize the senior players to try win the titles.

Marwood

Yes because that is exactly what I said.

I‘ll tell you what. We can leave this until the end of the window and see which player we brought that we was unaware of with no thread about.

You know when people just can’t accept they are wrong. :lol:
It's not about there being no thread about a player here. Of course there will be at some point if we're about to sign the player.

But in terms of people accepting they're wrong that's kind of what I'm saying. It's fans who think they know every player on the planet, their ability and their availability. I never get that. How many times do you guys have to be surprised about a signing before the penny drops that you might not know everything.

Anyways, I guess we'll see once the window closes if we can get Declan Rice quality midfielder for less than £60 million. Here's hoping.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Rice does not want to leave London and may be willing to do another season at West Ham depending on the outcome of the ECL and seeing west ham's summer intentions.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's not about there being no thread about a player here. Of course there will be at some point if we're about to sign the player.

But in terms of people accepting they're wrong that's kind of what I'm saying. It's fans who think they know every player on the planet, their ability and their availability. I never get that. How many times do you guys have to be surprised about a signing before the penny drops that you might not know everything.

Anyways, I guess we'll see once the window closes if we can get Declan Rice quality midfielder for less than £60 million. Here's hoping.
Hell Brighton got one for 5m, not sure why the poster above you is acting like it’s never happened.

I’ll never understand this fetish with wanting to pay huge fees because a player has already played in the PL. Seems like a crutch for having a shit group of talent evaluators and terrible scouting process at your club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rice and Caemiro would be a proper 90s style midfield. I don't think EtH would necessarily want to us to play 4-4-2, but with those two in the engine room, he could.
We’d be camped in our half against Brighton as usual with that pair with the limited passing range between them.

Mainoldo

Hell Brighton got one for 5m, not sure why the poster above you is acting like it’s never happened.

I’ll never understand this fetish with wanting to pay huge fees because a player has already played in the PL. Seems like a crutch for having a shit group of talent evaluators and terrible scouting process at your club.
The same player that went to Brighton for £5m was on our radar before he brought him. Which makes your last sentence sound stupid.

dinostar77

A good watch.

The best progressive carries from a defensive midfielder in PL.

One of the best midfielders in europe for turning defence into attack.

One of the best ball winners in europe

Natural ability to position himself in the right place and outstanding anticipation to his game.

Last edited:

rajds89

Rice does not want to leave London and may be willing to do another season at West Ham depending on the outcome of the ECL and seeing west ham's summer intentions.
Rice will go to whomever offers him the most money or chance of winning trophies.

Big Ray

God please no. The most overrated player I’ve ever seen. So many other better technical players we could get.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If West Ham win the ECL, then surely that will be ideal time to leave. Because there is no way he's going to top winning a European trophy at West Ham. So that would be the perfect farewell.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The same player that went to Brighton for £5m was on our radar before he brought him. Which makes your last sentence sound stupid.
Yes the player that we couldn't seem to figure out his "agent situation" yet Brighton did. A great example of good transfer dealings.

"Being on our radar" isn't anything to phone home about when we don't actually take any sort of action.

Mainoldo

Yes the player that we couldn't seem to figure out his "agent situation" yet Brighton did. A great example of good transfer dealings.

"Being on our radar" isn't anything to phone home about when we don't actually take any sort of action.
The guy went to Brighton and then had to go on loan to Belgium. What you think we would have done with him?

We’re still waiting to see if Amad is ready.

My point being everyone assumes he would have came here and now been doing what he does at Brighton. Except for Chichartio when has that ever happened? Even then he didn’t make it as our main striker.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
God please no. The most overrated player I’ve ever seen. So many other better technical players we could get.
This. He does absolutely sweet feck all to improve us. Doesn't even make sense for us to be in for him. If we need to spunk 100mill on any position, it's striker. All seems like shitty paper talk to me.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Rice is a billion times better than Caicedo, all effort should go in Rice and Caicedo should be ignored entirely.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

The issue is Rice is valued at twice the price of actually anyone top draw in his position. No one should mention Enzo because he was an at outlier, bought out of a 5 year deal, within 6 months, just to head of future suitors at the pass. A top DM should not cost that much more than City paid for Rodri or Real did for Tchoumrleni. Anything above 70m pounds is a rip off.

Mainoldo

The issue is Rice is valued at twice the price of actually anyone top draw in his position. No one should mention Enzo because he was an at outlier, bought out of a 5 year deal, within 6 months, just to head of future suitors at the pass. A top DM should not cost that much more than City paid for Rodri or Real did for Tchoumrleni. Anything above 70m pounds is a rip off.
That’s true his valuation is way to high. But that’s only because it’s England and he’s an English player. Those same examples you mentioned seen City pay £60m for Kalvin Phillips and he’s noway near any of the players mentioned.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Rodri had a release clause.
Tchoumieni cost more than 70m

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
Ornstein reporting the Arsenal talks. This reminds of our Jesus move were we went early.

90m apparently. Bookmakers prices Arsenal overwhelming favourites to sign Rice. Rice at the base with Odegaard in attack. Need to keep banging on that door

Status
Not open for further replies.