Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
I assume that you guys don't get into bidding wars. Also you generally don't do multiple bids right?
Offer what you feel is right or walk away. I dont see this becoming a bidding war its now up to the player which is how it should be
I think that's why we waited so long. To get the nod from Rice but also to match Arsenal and if it lands it lands.

surf

Chelsea paying 107m quid for Fernandez has reset the expectations of selling clubs. Unfortunately for West Ham, not every club has a Boehly.

Chief123

Seeing Arsenal get gazumped once again would be kinda funny. Martinez, Mudryk, Rice.

Castia

The thought of City adding Gvardiol and Rice to their squad is just frightening

bdspeedy

I'd like to know if there's a queue of "the next Declan Rice" players out there. We're not bringing in Rice, a very decent midfielder but overhyped and overpriced and in event we're in for Mount and we are desperate for a 9, and Casemiro is still good to go for at least two more seasons, so there's no need to worry about Rice now.
No worries at all because we got Scott (Bunny Hop) McTominay to take over in case Casemiro gets a red card or is injured or gets tired or loses a step.....

RedStarUnited

I think either way this gets done at 90m now. ManCity showing their habd has taken all the leverage away from WestHam. Where the player goes is still not sure.
I dont think West Ham rejected Arsenals bid cos 90m wasnt enough it was more about the structure of the deal. City are offering 5m more guaranteed and I bet whatever add ons they have are more realistic (to West Ham) than Arsenals. If say 5m of Arsenals 15m is payable on winning the league, and City offer the same, guess who West Ham will go with?

Chief123

Maybe, but I think Kovacic will be a squad player can't see him starting every week
I can. He‘ll replace Gundogan. Rice will replace Stones who’ll drop into defence with Walker leaving. Gvardiol to replace Ake to become a back 3 with Dias and Stones.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He'd be an excellent addition to the squad, but everything anyone has been reporting for absolutely ages is that he loves London, and is going to Arsenal.

RedStarUnited

He'd be an excellent addition to the squad, but everything anyone has been reporting for absolutely ages is that he loves London, and is going to Arsenal.
City usually dont do bidding wars. If they have made this bid they think they can get him. Only a crazy bid from Arsenal takes him now I reckon.

90m for a DM from the 14th placed team, and the two top teams in the country are both happy to pay it….Footballs gone mad.

Oscar Bonavena

I'm not convinced Pep really wants Rice. I don't think he's a Pep style player, but City just don't want one of their closest rivals to get him. It was the same with Grealish. Sign him for 100m to stop any rivals signing him, then stick him on the bench for a year while you figure out what to do with him.

Clubs have always spent big on players they really wanted. However, we're now living in an era where there's a club who will break transfer records (and transfer rules) just to stop other clubs signing players. Financial doping on an industrial scale.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
90m for a DM from the 14th placed team, and the two top teams in the country are both happy to pay it….Footballs gone mad.
I think 14th is a low position from West Ham, after all they had Europe last year. And Rice is amongst if not the best player they have. Important for England too. It’s not as mad as you make out!

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
I dont think West Ham rejected Arsenals bid cos 90m wasnt enough it was more about the structure of the deal. City are offering 5m more guaranteed and I bet whatever add ons they have are more realistic (to West Ham) than Arsenals. If say 5m of Arsenals 15m is payable on winning the league, and City offer the same, guess who West Ham will go with?
Yes agree with that. We should ideally match the same bid with different add ons like getting into CL and apperience based. But still figure has to be 90m. All that 100m/120m is just stupid money.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
City usually dont do bidding wars. If they have made this bid they think they can get him. Only a crazy bid from Arsenal takes him now I reckon.

Doesn't make sense whatsoever. Southampton were 17th when Liverpool signed VVD from them.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

It does make sense and just further underlines how good a player Rice already is and how much potential those teams think he has.
I hope we don’t offer something cheap like 40 mil plus McT plus Maguire. We could offer Sancho and Lindelöf on top and they will still not accept. If we are serious we should match the 90 mil bid in cash.

RedDevilQuebecois

I hope you're aware that we bought a mostly defensive CM from a relegated Nottingham Forest for a then-record £3 million. That Irish midfielder went on to be a more than worthy successor to the most inspirational midfielder we had until then.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I hope you're aware that we bought a mostly defensive CM from a relegated Nottingham Forest for a then-record £3 million. That Irish midfielder went on to be a more than worthy successor to the most inspirational midfielder we had until then.
The jump to 3m in relative terms isn't the same as going to 90m.

Dominos

Is he really a Pep type technical midfielder? Rodri's place in the team is set he's not being displaced, and Rice doesn't really display the qualities to fill Gundogan's role. They have enough centre backs already if it was some CB/CM hybrid role that they had planned for him.

reddevilz007

We are not getting Rice, Caicedo, Mount or Rabiot.
And we will overpay for an unexpected target.

Status
Not open for further replies.