Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

Irrational.

He's a fantastic young player, but he has an attitude problem.

I think the praise from last year has got to his head where he now thinks he can start off-the-ball scraps with players, and he plays like he thinks he's the best player on the pitch.

He has a long way to go.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Arguably Dembele for starters. You think Pogba would just walk in in and replace him? Think again - he'd have to compete.

You might want to see Pogba play in the Prem for more than two games in the Prem against weak or middling teams before you start shouting the odds.
Dembele? There's a reason he's not been higher up the system than Tottenham at the age of 29. He's a good player, but not better than Pogba. You're entitled to your opinion, but saying Pogba isn't better than every Tottenham midfielder is like saying 2+2 isn't 4 imo.

Skills

Snitch
We're not talking about the same Dembele who's not good enough to make the Belgian team over the great Marouane Fellaini?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Dembele? There's a reason he's not been higher up the system than Tottenham at the age of 29. He's a good player, but not better than Pogba. You're entitled to your opinion, but saying Pogba isn't better than every Tottenham midfielder is like saying 2+2 isn't 4 imo.
Higher up the system? You mean in a team like United that's playing in the EL and finished below Spurs?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I think he's going to be slightly better than that but I reckon you're fairly close to the truth. He manipulates the ball well but there's probably no outstanding aspect to his game.

I actually thought he was a box to box CM when the hype began, in which case his attacking qualities are more than enough, but given he's an attacker, he needs to have more.
He's another who seemed to be getting hailed in games where I was watching and thinking "but he's been ok at best"...but then he did play really well for a significant part of last season. Evenn then though, the rough edges were there. He is good at times with the ball at his feet but also very inconsistent, and his passing is really poor at times. There's just something very clumsy about him and you don't see many really good, clumsy looking players...not unless they're lightning fast anyway.

He is still young though so if he gets stronger and his decision making improves he will get better. Requires him to have the right attitude though and I think there's a pretty big question mark over that.

Kane is the one that really confuses me. How does someone so awful score so many goals? It's been happening too long to be a fluke.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The team they are playing for means little, correct. Alli was playing for MK Dons not so long ago.

And Seria A is a piss poor league.
Yeah but Pogba was up there as their key player. You cant seriously be this deluded to think Spurs has a better midfield then Juventus and that he wouldn't walk into it? I mean, thats just crazy. Pogba is a quality player, of course not yet fully developed but he is on the verge of world class status imo and will get there without a doubt. And Serie A might not be that great but they have decent teams and plenty of quality players. Pogba excelled in the CL anyway so its hardly like its based off the Serie A.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Higher up the system? You mean in a team like United that's playing in the EL and finished below Spurs?
And have won 20 league titles compared to Tottenham's 2, the last won in 1961. Tottenham is nowhere near our level, despite our decline in the last few years.

Skills

Snitch
He's another who seemed to be getting hailed in games where I was watching and thinking "but he's been ok at best"...but then he did play really well for a significant part of last season. Evenn then though, the rough edges were there. He is good at times with the ball at his feet but also very inconsistent, and his passing is really poor at times. There's just something very clumsy about him and you don't see many really good, clumsy looking players...not unless they're lightning fast anyway.

He is still young though so if he gets stronger and his decision making improves he will get better. Requires him to have the right attitude though and I think there's a pretty big question mark over that.

Kane is the one that really confuses me. How does someone so awful score so many goals? It's been happening too long to be a fluke.
Darren Bent syndrome. Crouch also could never stop scoring for England.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
And have won 20 league titles compared to Tottenham's 2, the last won in 1961. Tottenham is nowhere near our level, despite our decline in the last few years.
Here and now baby.

bosnian_red

He's yet to prove it.
What exactly does he need to do to prove it? Be the main man in midfield for title winning teams, win multiple trophies, win individual awards, be the main man in midfield for your country, be sought after by the biggest teams in the world, etc... All of which Dembele hasn't done.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Who is playing in the CL and who is not?
Enjoy it while it lasts. Order will be restored this season and you will return to your rightful place in the hierarchy.

Real shame for you Spurs fans that you couldn't capitalize further on your best seasons in history, and probably the best seasons you will ever have. A bit telling that you came out of it without a singly trophy and still managed to finish behind Arsenal.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Small clubs and their fans think small minded it seems. United not being in the CL this season means what in the bigger picture? Do tell.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Yeah but Pogba was up there as their key player. You cant seriously be this deluded to think Spurs has a better midfield then Juventus and that he wouldn't walk into it? I mean, thats just crazy. Pogba is a quality player, of course not yet fully developed but he is on the verge of world class status imo and will get there without a doubt. And Serie A might not be that great but they have decent teams and plenty of quality players. Pogba excelled in the CL anyway so its hardly like its based off the Serie A.
OK, Pogba was a key player in a piss poor league. Whilst Dembele was a key player in a far superior league. Go figure - and wait before more than 2 games have elapsed before giving Pogba the old "world class" and "far better than Dembele" routine.

Skills

Snitch
Is that really worth gloating about? We've won more Champions Leagues, than you've managed seasons in the CL.

It's like gloating about spending a day out in Madame Tussauds. Well done, enjoy it. We've actually got a few statues of our own in there.

3KDré

Yeah, for teams that have been better than Spurs for the majority of his career. Teams like United that have won the the CL and the Premier League during his 20s.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
What exactly does he need to do to prove it? Be the main man in midfield for title winning teams, win multiple trophies, win individual awards, be the main man in midfield for your country, be sought after by the biggest teams in the world, etc... All of which Dembele hasn't done.
He needs to show that he's "world class" in the Prem and not in some piss poor league.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Darren Bent syndrome. Crouch also could never stop scoring for England.
Kane is so bad though. He's the worst footballer I've ever seen live in person...well, of the ones I was paying attention to.

But he scores constantly...and not just Darren Bent goals either. He scores goals that you'd expect someone good to score.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
OK, Pogba was a key player in a piss poor league. Whilst Dembele was a key player in a far superior league. Go figure - and wait before more than 2 games have elapsed before giving Pogba the old "world class" and "far better than Dembele" routine.
Wasn't it you comparing Alcantara and Fabregas to Paulninho before he even kicked a ball?
A small illustration of the above: you have huge threads about Alcantara and Fabregas, even though neither has come to you, whilst Spurs go ahead and sign Paulinho.
How did that turn out btw?

bosnian_red

He needs to show that he's "world class" in the Prem and not in some piss poor league.
So doing it in things like Champions league semi finals means nothing? Ok. Premier league is greater then all and Mahrez is the best player in the world

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Wasn't it you comparing Alcantara and Fabregas to Paulninho before he even kicked a ball?

How did that turn out btw?
What has Paulinho got to do with Dembele?