Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

Hammondo

Could replace David Silva for the long-term.
So possible for him to run down his contract for that.
They are not gonna replace silva for him any time soon, also there are other players they have that could probably do it better. I do not think hes good enough.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
They are not gonna replace silva for him any time soon, also there are other players they have that could probably do it better. I do not think hes good enough.
Oh I agree on the good enough part. But city need some English players (I think?) and Dele Alli as a downgrade on Silva for more freedom elsewhere makes some sense.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Everything about his new agent move suggest he is a normal footballer.

That is; he knows his worth and wants to extract the maximum financial remuneration for it.

I could see him at City or similar on £250k next season.
He'll likely be at United

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Was awful today. Been very off the boil this season in general. Not sure what is up with him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Could replace David Silva for the long-term.
So possible for him to run down his contract for that.
No chance. He's nowhere near as good a footballer as someone like Silva. Can't see Guardiola rating him enough to want him for his no.10 even though he's a good goalscorer.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
No chance. He's nowhere near as good a footballer as someone like Silva. Can't see Guardiola rating him enough to want him for his no.10 even though he's a good goalscorer.
Guardiola uses 2x #10s at city from what I saw today, with kdb and Silva both playing fairly advanced when they are attacking.
Obviously i don't think this will happen, just saying it's not completely out of the realms of possibilities.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
England’s World Cup winning (under 18?) star.

Thought a guy with your username would know all about the younger generation @Ødegaard ;)
Oh not at all, my nickname comes from being norwegian and a internet game where i wanted a "representative" name for being called talented but unpolished (haxball), which is what I saw Ødegaard as.
Since the redcafe room for haxball had a "use your redcafe name" as a rule, I had Damien change my redcafe nick to my haxball-community nick.

Still, thanks for answering my question. I take it they have zero need for Dele Alli then as I doubt even his personality will let him think he'll displace KdB.

Wonder where Dele Alli might end up. Maybe Chelsea would be a good fit? Or maybe he'd be one of the English players who goes out of England?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Oh not at all, my nickname comes from being norwegian and a internet game where i wanted a "representative" name for being called talented but unpolished (haxball), which is what I saw Ødegaard as.
Since the redcafe room for haxball had a "use your redcafe name" as a rule, I had Damien change my redcafe nick to my haxball-community nick.

Still, thanks for answering my question. I take it they have zero need for Dele Alli then as I doubt even his personality will let him think he'll displace KdB.

Wonder where Dele Alli might end up. Maybe Chelsea would be a good fit? Or maybe he'd be one of the English players who goes out of England?
When he matures there is no reason why he couldn't come to OT.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Yeah, but humor me as someone who dislikes his on-field personality too much to want to see him wear our shirt.
Anywhere else he might end up going?
Maybe these things are a reason for him to stick around at spurs and get as much money from it as possible?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Yeah, but humor me as someone who dislikes his on-field personality too much to want to see him wear our shirt.
Anywhere else he might end up going?
Maybe these things are a reason for him to stick around at spurs and get as much money from it as possible?
If he fulfills his potential he'll be world class. Meaning he'll be able to take his pick from the big boys in Britain or abroad. So that us, Chelsea, Arsenal if they ever wake out of there current slumber, Real or Barca, Bayern, Juve or a revived Milan or Inter

automaticflare

What do you mean matures??

He is a spiteful little shite and has an evil streak in him I love it. And he always wants to get in the box and affect the game where it matters

His runs into the box are timed brilliantly he could be Jose's Lampard here with a base of matic and pogba

DelPotro

Guardiola uses 2x #10s at city from what I saw today, with kdb and Silva both playing fairly advanced when they are attacking.
Obviously i don't think this will happen, just saying it's not completely out of the realms of possibilities.
You do know Silva and Alli are two completely different players right? Playing behind the striker doesn't necessarily mean you are a no. 10. Alli is like a second striker and Silva is a no.10 with world class first touch and vision. He wouldn't fit in Pep's system. Not to mention they already have a Silva replacement ready who has the same name.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Would want him nowhere near United to be honest unless we have a great side which is functioning well and he can just slot in and nick goals. We need players with more quality on the ball and he isnt great with it, he is a second striker anyway.

Classical Mechanic

Would want him nowhere near United to be honest unless we have a great side which is functioning well and he can just slot in and nick goals. We need players with more quality on the ball and he isnt great with it, he is a second striker anyway.
I think he would excel in the side we had out yesterday, Alli is great at following into the box and good in the air too. Not a fan of him for England though as we don't have the required quality to make up for his shortcomings.

redflair

A prototype of everything that's wrong with some young English players.

A massive talent in terms of goalscoring ability, arriving late in the box and a burning competitive desire that needs exorcist-style remedies and solutions.

But his basic technique - close control and short passing - is still woefully short and in the derby yesterday became worse as the game went along.

This side of the game has to improve and, it does, he could become one of England's best players.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Why is this thread still so popular. I told you all Alli is no better than Lingard months back and he will continue to demonstrate how average he is over the years to come. He is mid table quality but manages to wing it in a top prem club because for some ridiculously reason he is given a free role.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Why is this thread still so popular. I told you all Alli is no better than Lingard months back and he will continue to demonstrate how average he is over the years to come. He is mid table quality but manages to wing it in a top prem club because for some ridiculously reason he is given a free role.
:lol::lol:

Think you're on your own with that one!

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
People are always too quick to overrate a player. Good player, but wouldn't say he's a world beater yet, if he ever becomes one.

Litch

I think the Jedi mind trick is wearing of some players at spurs. I think most know that this is as good as it's gonna get and whilst that's pretty decent, Walker has proven that there's a better life professionally out there. I'm absolutely sure Rose will follow. You see as good as they are irrespective of their league position or even not winning trophies, they are the 3rd biggest team in London. That said, all the footballers I know, they have the same and own the same. The thing that separates them is medals, which irrespective how talented or rich you are you can't buy.

I suspect Ashley Young told him exactly what he knew would hurt him the most....

Classical Mechanic

I think the Jedi mind trick is wearing of some players at spurs. I think most know that this is as good as it's gonna get and whilst that's pretty decent, Walker has proven that there's a better life professionally out there. I'm absolutely sure Rose will follow. You see as good as they are irrespective of their league position or even not winning trophies, they are the 3rd biggest team in London. That said, all the footballers I know, they have the same and own the same. The thing that separates them is medals, which irrespective how talented or rich you are you can't buy.

I suspect Ashley Young told him exactly what he knew would hurt him the most....
They will be looking on at Walker with encvy. Massive pay rise + better prospects.