Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
I shouldn't be as Alli continues to demonstrate he's an average premier league player.
31 goals and 17 assists in 81 games is amazing for a 21-year-old. Sure, some aspect of his game is lacking but his ability to be a goalscoring threat is great.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I think the Jedi mind trick is wearing of some players at spurs. I think most know that this is as good as it's gonna get and whilst that's pretty decent, Walker has proven that there's a better life professionally out there. I'm absolutely sure Rose will follow. You see as good as they are irrespective of their league position or even not winning trophies, they are the 3rd biggest team in London. That said, all the footballers I know, they have the same and own the same. The thing that separates them is medals, which irrespective how talented or rich you are you can't buy.

I suspect Ashley Young told him exactly what he knew would hurt him the most....
A lot of these Spurs players are young, they want regular football and get tied down on long term contracts. They are operating in a very similar way to Atletico Madrid. The only problem with Spurs is that they have a manager that is nowhere near the level of Simeone.

Primativ

Supports
Tottenham
A lot of these Spurs players are young, they want regular football and get tied down on long term contracts. They are operating in a very similar way to Atletico Madrid. The only problem with Spurs is that they have a manager that is nowhere near the level of Simeone.

Top of CL group featuring Real Madrid, and Dortmund. Finished third two seasons ago, second last season, currently fourth this season. Poch is doing a damn fine job. He may not yet have the success Simeone has had, but to say he is nowhere near the level is absolute bollocks.

Home&Away

This place is absolutely crazy. If dele alli was our player I'm sure we would 'overrate' him considerably more than 'spurs' or the press'.

I see him with the ability to one day become like a modern day lampard similar to how he played under José behind Drogba with the ability to score goals. Crazy stats for such a young player in such a tough league & far from the finished product.

El Jefe

This place is absolutely crazy. If dele alli was our player I'm sure we would 'overrate' him considerably more than 'spurs' or the press'.

I see him with the ability to one day become like a modern day lampard similar to how he played under José behind Drogba with the ability to score goals. Crazy stats for such a young player in such a tough league & far from the finished product.
This.

We rightly hold Martial as a future world class player and we would do the same with Alli. He has proven more than Martial and they are both the same age. I know he can be a twat but looking at Alli's career objectively, he's been outstanding.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

The notion that he is overrated is laughable. As laughable as those fans who can't understand he will struggle at times because he is still a young talent learning his trade.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Top of CL group featuring Real Madrid, and Dortmund. Finished third two seasons ago, second last season, currently fourth this season. Poch is doing a damn fine job. He may not yet have the success Simeone has had, but to say he is nowhere near the level is absolute bollocks.
Its not bollocks. Simeone has won European titles, La liga why fighting off Barca and Real, made two champions league finals and even a domestic cup. Plus he rebuilt Atletico from also rans to what they have today. Pochetino is doing a fine job, but he is currently way behind the likes of Simeone.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I meant to put Pochettino in there as well.

So if no trophies are won, 2 of Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Pochettino will leave. Whether or not that changes your needlessly drastic pledge, I'm not sure.
My statement stands, I shall serve it up with chips and gravy.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
See below :lol:

I wish Lingard was this bad :lol:
Lingard isn't given a free role like Alli is every week. Put Lingard or any half decent attacking player in the same position for Spurs and they'd do just as well.

Fair enough Alli has scored a good amount of goals but his all round game is average. He is clumsy and the most over hyped player in the league.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Lingard isn't given a free role like Alli is every week. Put Lingard or any half decent attacking player in the same position for Spurs and they'd do just as well.

Fair enough Alli has scored a good amount of goals but his all round game is average. He is clumsy and the most over hyped player in the league.
Alli is still very young to be fair and dictated his own game at high levels already, albeit in a non consistent manner. Again, he has the galactico tag all written on him, possibly once Modric declines or gives up so even next Summer.

M Bison

Supports
York City

Hilarious, Lingard has had opportunities playing in a free role for us and hasnt got anywhere near those goal scoring/assist stats. Give it up, you've got it badly wrong claiming Lingard and Alli are comparable players :lol::lol:

Fridge chutney

I sincerely hope you are not saying that Lingard is as good as Alli. He simply wouldn't do as well in the equivalent role. And I actually rate Lingard, unlike most of this forum.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

He's very good and calling him average makes no sense whatsoever. However, Lampard was much more a midfielder than Ali. We all used to joke about him not really being one but Ali is more of a forward whereas Lampard was a very attack minded goalscoring midfielder.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Top of the CL group :lol:
Top 4 finish for 2 seasons :lol:

BringNaniBack

Hilarious, Lingard has had opportunities playing in a free role for us and hasnt got anywhere near those goal scoring/assist stats. Give it up, you've got it badly wrong claiming Lingard and Alli are comparable players :lol::lol:
Yes he's 'had opportunities' which is rather different to playing there every single game. Lingard's played that position what 3 or 4 times and most of those would be on as a sub. I'm not saying I rate Lingard. I'm saying they are both as crap as each other.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

As much as I think Alli is over rated he’s a million miles in front of Lingard.

BringNaniBack

I sincerely hope you are not saying that Lingard is as good as Alli. He simply wouldn't do as well in the equivalent role. And I actually rate Lingard, unlike most of this forum.
No he's not as good as Alli, he's as bad as him.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Once the press hype a player up there's no going back in most peoples minds.
It has nothing to do with press hype, anyone who thinks Alli is on the same level as Lingard has seriously red tinted specs on.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Isn't he the same guy who started the flat earth thread?

To be fair, saying Lingard and Alli are on the same level is about as bonkers as saying the earth is level.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Alli reminds me of Griezman. Extremely over hyped. Still a very good player though. Mainly gets on the end of things.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
lol. It's amazing isn't it
I agree that Alli is generally overrated. He's very good at a very important skill, which is scoring goals.

But he's nothing like Griezmann. Sounds like he only watched him v Leicester last year or a couple games this season. The guy was third on the Balon D'or list last year.

James Peril

Are people actually comparing Alli and Lingard? Come on, we’re better than that! I am a big critic of Alli’s contribution outside goals (which is the most important in football mind) - but let’s stay sane. If Alli was available for let’s say 60M, a lot of top clubs would buy him tomorrow. If Lingard was made available for 25M, I doubt even Everton or Stoke would find a place for him in their team. Alli is lethal because he scores lots of goals. Lingard never scores and is a limited footballer, he shouldn’t be playing for Man Utd.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Not sure who would buy Alli for £60m even in today's market unless smeone was stupid...but yeah there's no comparison with him and Lingard....apart from that Lingard looks slightly like god made a really bad attempt to create a little brother for him.

Alli just doesn't do enough in games for me. He's not a striker, he's not really a no10...he gets plenty of goals for Spurs but if he's nnot getting the goals he's not really offering anything at all. He's not a massive creator, he doesn't disrupt the oother team and is actually more liable to get himself wound up and disrupt his own team...and goals seem to be a problem for them even with him in the team if other people are missing or not providing.

So I'm not really sure what he is really, other than a good fit for the players around him. If you let me have one player from Spurs...Kane, Eriksen, One of the centrebacks, even Rose would probably be ahead of him, as he's not really a solution to anything. He doesn't bring the team up a level. He relies on the team already being at that level.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Lingard and Alli on the same level fml, Alli had a return of 18 goals and 7 assists last season. That put him 6th in overall goals for the season. Above the likes of Hazard, Ibra, Coutinho, Mane, Giroud. His return of 7 assists was on par with, or better than Coutinho, Silva and just below the contributions of players like Ozil, Sanchez. For a 19-20 year old, playing what? His second or 3rd season in the EPL? Those stats are phenomenal for established players at the peak of their game, let alone some 19-20 yr old kid.

Yes he is going to have consistency issues, much like his team mate Eriksen did early on. Or any young player for that matter. This kid could very well go on to be the real deal, the next 100mil player, maybe to RM or PSG.

This is not to slate Lingard, but Alli has been rated as the best young prospect in Europe on occasion.

James Peril

Lingard should be compared to the likes of Redmond, Phillips, Tadic, Antonio, Ibe, Albrighton and Townsend - not bloody Alli.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Not sure who would buy Alli for £60m even in today's market unless smeone was stupid...but yeah there's no comparison with him and Lingard....apart from that Lingard looks slightly like god made a really bad attempt to create a little brother for him.

Alli just doesn't do enough in games for me. He's not a striker, he's not really a no10...he gets plenty of goals for Spurs but if he's nnot getting the goals he's not really offering anything at all. He's not a massive creator, he doesn't disrupt the oother team and is actually more liable to get himself wound up and disrupt his own team...and goals seem to be a problem for them even with him in the team if other people are missing or not providing.

So I'm not really sure what he is really, other than a good fit for the players around him. If you let me have one player from Spurs...Kane, Eriksen, One of the centrebacks, even Rose would probably be ahead of him, as he's not really a solution to anything. He doesn't bring the team up a level. He relies on the team already being at that level.
:lol::lol:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Alli is overrated in the sense that his goalscoring achievement get elevated because people and the media alike consider him a midfielder and are in wow for one to deliver those number of goals from mid field.

The guy plays as a second striker and his goalscoring record should be looked from that perspective. All these noises from media and people about his achievements in midfield compared to the likes of Scholes, Lampard etc are silly.

Alli doesn't even have the proper technical abilities required to be a proper midfield player. He's a second striker in that spurs team, he plays more like Rooney had played for us positionally.

Water Melon

Alli is overrated in the sense that his goalscoring achievement get elevated because people and the media alike consider him a midfielder and are in wow for one to deliver those number of goals from mid field.

The guy plays as a second striker and his goalscoring record should be looked from that perspective. All these noises from media and people about his achievements in midfield compared to the likes of Scholes, Lampard etc are silly.

Alli doesn't even have the proper technical abilities required to be a proper midfield player. He's a second striker in that spurs team, he plays more like Rooney had played for us positionally.
Spot on this ^